When was the last time you were in a fistfight?

Chai

Reply Thu 22 Nov, 2007 05:45 pm
Jeez....never.

I'm surprised hw many people have.

Well, not the one's where you're a little kid, in grade school. Or if your job is a bouncer or something like that.

I even realize some people a while longer than others to grow up, or they were defending something or someone important.

Or an abusing douchebag using a spouse as a punching bag.

But to get in a bar brawl when you're over, I don't know, 22ish?

That's pathetic.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Thu 22 Nov, 2007 05:50 pm
Why bring up Danny Bonnaduce?

Joe(really.)Nation
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Thu 22 Nov, 2007 09:29 pm
Joe Nation wrote:

Joe(really.)Nation

huh?
0 Replies

2PacksAday

Reply Thu 22 Nov, 2007 09:54 pm
Chai wrote:
But to get in a bar brawl when you're over, I don't know, 22ish?That's pathetic.

For the record, my last fight took place in a convenience store.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Thu 22 Nov, 2007 09:56 pm
Chai wrote:
Joe Nation wrote:

Joe(really.)Nation

huh?

mega bar fighter.

Joe(at least he says)Nation
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Thu 22 Nov, 2007 10:01 pm
Young Mr. Partridge seems to become a bigger a**hole than most when he imbibes. Nice fella... Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Fri 23 Nov, 2007 06:29 am
And now......here's Danny!

http://www.inklingblog.com/wp-content/uploads/Image/danny_bonaduce_belly.jpg

Joe(yes. that body is mostly steroid-produced)Nation
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Fri 23 Nov, 2007 06:49 am
Some 5 years ago a young lass was being unhealthily "pressured" outside our home at 2 in the morning. I think NO! STOP! Is fairly obvious don't you? I went out and put a stop to it but the young man involved seemed to dislike the fact that I had interupted his form of "romancing" and I had to convince him he should go home.

He got a couple in before i got serious. I wasn't too happy about that but it did serve to remind me I'm not 22 anymore.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 23 Nov, 2007 06:54 am
At the naval college, 38 years ago.

We had to do 'homework' from 3:30pm onwards until dinner. But since we were very clever ... We could watch the civil workers and employees leaving at 4:30 through a special gat, only open for just this perpurse. So, one of us - taken in turns - just mingled among them and went in town, doing some shopping for dinner (which was traditionally a cold lunch type), including some ... stronger drinks than tea or sqash.

This worked more or less very well (of course we went with the crowd to the official dining room at first and returned after having entered it).
Only some warrant officers, living in our building as well but on a different course, complained sometimes. That stopped after they participated in some drinks.

In early December, we decided to make at a real dinner - kind of farewell dinner. And more "stronger than tea drinks", and stronger, than food.

At first we got some minor trouble with those warrant officers.
Then bigger, especially since I knocked out the largest among them. (Everyone later wondered how I managed to reach with my fist his chill.)
He fall down like a tree.
And so the meanwhile alarmed first shirt arrived.
He didn't listen to me. But he didn't fall down neither.

And so it happened that I and three more comrads had to be on guard in (!) totally empty and unheated school buildings, civil buildings and barracks for four days until Christmas Eve. And officers from the neighbour technical naval college, which was on duty over the holidays, were frequently checking if we did our job ...

I can't remember how I explained my parents that I arrived with Santa Claus instead of five days earlier.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Fri 23 Nov, 2007 07:07 am
Quote:
especially since I knocked out the largest among them.

He tripped and fell... onto your fist.

Thats happened to me too on more than one occasion.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Fri 23 Nov, 2007 07:23 am
A couple of months ago, early morning on the A train. I'm reading the Times and enjoying the ride. The car is not too crowded. Guy sits down across the car. He's wearing el cheapo headsets and the music is on SO LOUD that you can hear the drums and the cymbals. (Most of the time all I hear is a kind of hissing.) I spot a seat down the car and get up and head that way before somebody else grabs it. I sit down. Open the Times.

"You gotta a problem with me?"
I look up. The guy with the headsets is now sitting across from me again.
I look over his head as if I had to make sure the train was still in the tunnel.
"Something bothers you?" he says.

He's forty or so, looks fifty or so, the result of some hard times and bad places. He is not looking directly at me, but talking out loud to anyone who can hear.

I begin to very intently read this really fascinating article about... .

"We'll just see about this later. Maybe we are getting off at the same stop."

I start thinking I should have spent more time working on my arms. I continue to read, or at least look at, the paper. He is nodding to the beat, the music still pounding away at his ears. He is enjoying this.

I begin to wonder if I can beat him up the stairs at 14th Street. I know the station really well.

The train rattles on.
===============================
Sometimes there is a miracle.
There had been a huge rainstorm early that morning.
At 145th Street, the doors open and there is an announcement that due to a flooded tunnel the A train is out of service. Everybody must get off. There is a massive crush of people on the platform and I go down two doors of the car and join them. I look for the guy, but I think the music prevented him from hearing the announcement so he is still trying to get off the train.
We surge up the stairs to the street. There are five thousand people milling about, trying to out how to get to work.
I look up the street and I see a taxi with it's light on, meaning that it's empty and available. I look for the bunch of people who will most certainly snag it before I get to it but....... no one does. No one moves towards it! I walk/run up to the window thinking there must be something wrong, but I open the door and get in and off we go leaving the rest of New York's working people and Mr. HEADSET behind.

Joe(The chances of this happening are two billion to one.)Nation
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 23 Nov, 2007 07:28 am
George wrote:
I didn't know WWF sponsored a kindergarten.

Laughing

I had several up-in-your face showdowns in high school, but they never moved on to fists. (I can do that cobra head thing, you know the swervy thing that's useful in showdowns. I can only do it when I'm really mad though, if I do it purposely it doesn't look right.) Only time I can think of landing a punch was when someone behind me grabbed my butt when I was waiting for the train in Prague. (And he'd already turned to escape so it was kind of the back of his shoulder -- I just wheeled and punched immediately, and he kind of staggered off and disappeared in the crowd. I checked all my valuables and they were fine, the butt-grabbing seemed to be the point. Idiot.)
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Fri 23 Nov, 2007 07:28 am
Joe Nation wrote:
A couple of months ago, early morning on the A train. I'm reading the Times and enjoying the ride. The car is not too crowded. Guy sits down across the car. He's wearing el cheapo headsets and the music is on SO LOUD that you can hear the drums and the cymbals. (Most of the time all I hear is a kind of hissing.) I spot a seat down the car and get up and head that way before somebody else grabs it. I sit down. Open the Times.

"You gotta a problem with me?"
I look up. The guy with the headsets is now sitting across from me again.
I look over his head as if I had to make sure the train was still in the tunnel.
"Something bothers you?" he says.

He's forty or so, looks fifty or so, the result of some hard times and bad places. He is not looking directly at me, but talking out loud to anyone who can hear.

I begin to very intently read this really fascinating article about... .

"We'll just see about this later. Maybe we are getting off at the same stop."

I start thinking I should have spent more time working on my arms. I continue to read, or at least look at, the paper. He is nodding to the beat, the music still pounding away at his ears. He is enjoying this.

I begin to wonder if I can beat him up the stairs at 14th Street. I know the station really well.

The train rattles on.
===============================
Sometimes there is a miracle.
There had been a huge rainstorm early that morning.
At 145th Street, the doors open and there is an announcement that due to a flooded tunnel the A train is out of service. Everybody must get off. There is a massive crush of people on the platform and I go down two doors of the car and join them. I look for the guy, but I think the music prevented him from hearing the announcement so he is still trying to get off the train.
We surge up the stairs to the street. There are five thousand people milling about, trying to out how to get to work.
I look up the street and I see a taxi with it's light on, meaning that it's empty and available. I look for the bunch of people who will most certainly snag it before I get to it but....... no one does. No one moves towards it! I walk/run up to the window thinking there must be something wrong, but I open the door and get in and off we go leaving the rest of New York's working people and Mr. HEADSET behind.

Joe(The chances of this happening are two billion to one.)Nation

In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida?
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 23 Nov, 2007 07:31 am
Oooh, good story Joe! Glad it worked out.

I have many more near-misses of that type, especially involving public transportation. (Like, one time I was taking the bus home from work -- late -- and a guy who had been creepily staring got off at the same stop. And then started following me. I rang the doorbell of a male friend and hoped he was home and awake. He was. I stayed at his house for a couple of hours, then he walked me home. Never occurred to me to call the police, not sure why.)
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Fri 23 Nov, 2007 07:38 am
Feisty little thing aint you soz.

Respect, from me to you.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 23 Nov, 2007 07:42 am
Thanks dadpad! Most of the episodes I think of when I was planning how I would defend myself if need be were when creepy guys were threatening in one way or another... nice to know there are people out there who really do step in. Good for you.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Fri 23 Nov, 2007 07:43 am
The world is filled with nuts.

Joe(some places more than others)Nation
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Fri 23 Nov, 2007 07:54 am
Joe Nation wrote:

The world is in my pants?
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Fri 23 Nov, 2007 08:06 am
dadpad wrote:
Joe Nation wrote:

So I have heard.

Joe(reported by more than several female persons)Nation
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Fri 23 Nov, 2007 08:10 am
Joe Nation wrote:
dadpad wrote:
Joe Nation wrote:

So I have heard.

Joe(reported by more than several female persons)Nation

I wish!
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 09/29/2024 at 06:36:08