When was the last time you were in a fistfight?

Reply Wed 21 Nov, 2007 05:29 am
Think back.

When was that?
and what were you thinking?

Joe(there's more to this. Just answer the question first.)Nation

Edit [Moderator]: Moved from General News to General.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 3,775 • Replies: 91
No top replies

contrex

Reply Wed 21 Nov, 2007 05:51 am
Last week in a bar in Collioure. This American was loudly running his mouth about how we would all be speaking German etc etc and my friend (the barman) and I asked him politely to stop or we could not guarantee his safety. He told us to f--- off. Then he hit my friend (called him a "faggot") so six of us turned him out in the street. I got a fat lip. My friend got a bruise on his cheek. Later we heard Yankee Doodle got arrested in another bar and might be jailed and then deported, we found out, as he had drugs on him. Ha ha ha. Real clever guy. Actually I can speak German so I guess he was wrong somewhere in his reasoning.
0 Replies

Sglass

Reply Wed 21 Nov, 2007 05:53 am
Yesterday.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 21 Nov, 2007 05:59 am
Actual swinging of fists? I was a teen. Nobody got hurt. I've been in several near fights, but nothing happened.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Wed 21 Nov, 2007 06:00 am
http://www.holidaycollioure.co.uk/images/coll_beach.jpg
Good one.

Joe(even in a place like this)Nation
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Wed 21 Nov, 2007 06:03 am
Sglass wrote:
Yesterday.

Joe(details....details)Nation
0 Replies

Sglass

Reply Wed 21 Nov, 2007 07:03 am
Actually it was a verbal fist fight with the billing supervisor of the oral surgeon's office that screwed up on submitting my claim so I can reimbursed by my insurance company. This has been going on since the middle of August. I am calling my carrier today and see if it has been resolved. If not. I will be back in Hawaii in the next couple of weeks and I assure you that it might escalate to a pounding in the papaya patch which means I will turn it over to a lawyer.

I'm so angsted out that I came down with a cold.

Merry Andrew and I have been talking about a trip to NYC over Thanksgiving, but now have to wait to see what the cold has to say. I do want to pay my respects to the MOMA and the Guggie and revisit some of my old haunts in the village.

I was supposed to have major dental work done in Mexico and these people really messed me up.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Wed 21 Nov, 2007 07:14 am
Spring of 1975. Spousal verbal abuse became physical abuse. I left.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Wed 21 Nov, 2007 07:30 am
Funny you should ask...

Last week one sister went to visit another. After a little "shine" one started getting mouthy. The other said to stop, you've had too much to drink. Littlest sis tells other to shut up herself and hits her. Sis tells her to stop again. She hits again. Sis lays into her, bloodying her lip, blacking her eye, bruising her arm and at the end stands over her and says she had asked nicely for her to stop. The cops were called. Each has a boyfriend that was there during all of this and the boyfriends also happen to be brothers. One boyfriend had been cooking, preparing and grilling for a couple of hours. Cops come and ask him to leave with sis - go ahead and take her home. Boyfriend says, Dang, Can I eat first? Cop says yeah. As they leave after eating, one brother says to the other that they don't s'pose they'll get together for Thanksgiving.

I cried with laughter when I heard all of this. Seriously, tears were rolling down my face and I couldn't breath.

Can I eat first? hahahahaha

I'm thinking we all grew up together and these two scrap it out like redneck barmaids while I have never swung at anyone and probably never will. How'd that happen? We never treated each other like that growing up.

Can I eat first? Hahahahaha (Ya gotta picture a good 'ole country boy here, and one that along with his brother just went on grillin' while their girlfriends duked it out.)
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 21 Nov, 2007 07:51 am
Me? Never.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 21 Nov, 2007 07:55 am
In 6th grade.

After some sports team I was on, I was walking home and the icky girl in class was walking in front of me with her equally icky boyfriend. Of course I couldn't let this opportunity slip by me. So I started teasing her saying M has boyfriend, M has a boyfriend. Her boyfriend decided he had to defend his sweetheart so he stopped walking and turned toward me. I stood my ground.

Watching nearby where a group of teens. The icky boyfriend walked toward me threatening me - I just made some sort of teasing comment. One of the teen boys realized that this boy was going to try to hit me and began to walk toward us to defend me. Well I certainly did not require any defending. I walked up to this goof ball, grabbed him and laid a square bunch on his head. The boy took a step back and shook his head stunned. He walked away - the icky girl followed saying are you all right, are you all right?

I then picked up my stuff and began walking home. The teens looked at me with surprised smiles on their faces. As I walked home, I looked behind me - one of the teen girls was also walking in that direction. She smiled and clapped for me. Boy did I feel ten feet tall. The next day, I bragged in school about beating this boy up.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 21 Nov, 2007 08:07 am
I can't remember but I've been in plenty in my earlier years. I used to be pretty scrappy and I'm still not afraid of confrontation. I hope to never be in another fistfight but you never know in my business.

Last Sunday some guy, and he was a BIG guy, sang American Pie, all nine minutes of it. When he finished, I jokingly said "Man... is Hillary president yet?" Everyone got it... but this guy came up to me and got into my space to tell me he wanted to give me a hint about being a professional and not discussing politics on the job. I told him to take a motherfuking joke and back up three spaces. I loved the look on his face. Nothing is better than backing down someone who is ABSOLUTELY sure they can use their physical size to intimidate a smaller person and then discovering it just ain't true. Cool
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Wed 21 Nov, 2007 08:51 am
The only fistfights I've ever gotten into were with my little brother when we were kids. He was the youngest kid but the only boy, so he was constantly trying to prove he could outmuscle me. (I was the oldest kid.) However, I was five years older than him, so whenever he'd start a fight, I could always finish it. I moved away to college at 17 before he got big enough to pose a serious threat.

Apparently, he never got over it. He tried that **** again about ten years ago, when he was almost 40. The issues were more complicated, but he was still trying to outmuscle me. It was pitiful. I walked out and haven't been back since.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Wed 21 Nov, 2007 08:55 am
I get into a fistfight on a fairly regular basis. Wait a minute. Define fistfight.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Wed 21 Nov, 2007 09:12 am
3rd grade, I think. It was instigated by a neighborhood bully who loved to start ****. I won the fight but felt lousy and promised myself right then to never let someone else push me into fighting.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Wed 21 Nov, 2007 09:19 am
dlowan wrote:
Me? Never.

O.K. that's it! Put up your dukes! It's go time, missy!
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 21 Nov, 2007 09:41 am
[sends kicky flailing across the room without a single punch or drawing any weapon]
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 21 Nov, 2007 09:55 am
Never..
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Wed 21 Nov, 2007 10:58 am
Sixth grade. Don't remember what it was about. He was bigger than me. Maybe a junior high school kid. He pulled my hair. I bit him. He screamed.

I got into lots of fights when I was a kid. My father taught me self-defense. Didn't really come into play. When all else failed, I bit. My father got into a fight with another kid's father. I bit his daughter. He accused me of being a cannibal. My father did not take kindly to that.

BTW, most of the fights I got into were with that man's daughter. She was stoopid. I had no patience. Sigh. Still have no patience, but I haven't taken a swing at anybody in years.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 21 Nov, 2007 11:00 am
6th grade
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » When was the last time you were in a fistfight?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 09/29/2024 at 04:24:28