Which do you prefer

Reply Thu 15 Nov, 2007 01:53 pm
i would like to know which of the following two intros you like best.
and would like any advice you can give on both.

thank you!!! sophie

I'm Alice, I didn't write this book, I merely stepped into my best friends' room and pleaded to god that he'd bring her back. My tears fell on her pillow, my lip quivered, my hands shook and as I opened my eyes and focused on her bookcase, that's when I saw it. Her diary. I forced myself up from the bed, my unwillingness was not because I didn't really want to get up or couldn't be bothered. My unwillingness came from wanting to just lay there and hope that I die too. So that I could be with her again. As I started to read the diary my eyes widened, my heart thumped within my chest. I held it tightly and I just ran. I ran so fast my legs burned with pain and my lungs almost burst. For inside the diary was my soul and hers in cased together. I found this when I finally got the guts up to venture into her room, at 23, 6 years after her death, she was 18 and thisÂ…
This is my life.

"I'm Alice, but I didn't write this. I merely stepped into my best friend's room, praying for her return. Tears fell on her pillow; lips quivering, hands shaking, I saw her diary on the bookcase. I stayed on the bed, praying that I'd die too so we could once more be together. I tried to read her diary with wide-opened moist eyes, but I had to run away with it clutched tightly to my heart thumping chest-for inside was bled as one the souls of hers and mine. She was a year my senior when she died at 18, and now at 23 I finally found the courage to enter her room."
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 443 • Replies: 4
No top replies

TTH

Reply Thu 15 Nov, 2007 02:33 pm
I don't feel like I can give you any advice since I am not a writer. I liked the 1st one. It seemed to have more feeling to it.
0 Replies

Purgedresponses

Reply Thu 15 Nov, 2007 03:50 pm
thank you for your input, please dont feel like you cannot give me advice because you are not a writer i am looking for advice from the reader.
X
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Thu 15 Nov, 2007 04:22 pm
Thanks
I like the 1st one more because it brought out emotions in me. I felt like I wanted to read more. The 2nd one seemed to end. Like there is no more to the story.
0 Replies

SULLYFISH66

Reply Fri 7 Dec, 2007 06:06 pm
I'm Alice, and I need to tell this story.

All this came to me when I finally got the guts to venture into her room, at age 23 - a full 6 years after her death, when she was just 18.

It started when I stepped into my best friend's room and pleaded to God to bring her back. I found comfort laying on her bed. I forced myself to get up, not because I didn't want to or couldn't be bothered, but because if truth be told, I just wanted to lay there and die, too. That way I could be with her again.

My tears fell on her pillow, my lip quivered and my hands shook and as I opened my eyes, there was her bookcase. That's when I saw it: her diary. I grabbed it and held it close. As I started to read the diary my eyes widened, my heart thumped within my chest. I held it tightly, then turned and ran out of the room. I ran so fast my legs burned with pain and my lungs felt as if they would burst. I stopped and began to read again. Inside this little book was my soul and hers encased together.

I sat down and started reading, this time at the very beginning. After all, this was my life, too.
0 Replies