30 Days Of Night

Reply Thu 15 Nov, 2007 11:21 am
I saw it the other day, thought it was ok.

Anybody seen it?

Would like to discuss.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,014 • Replies: 13
No top replies

ryn37

Reply Thu 29 Nov, 2007 01:26 pm
Re: 30 Days Of Night
Dorothy Parker wrote:

Anybody seen it?

Would like to discuss.

I saw it a couple of weeks ago and liked it for the most part. The ending seemed a little......contrived?, maybe?....that's the best word I can think of for right now. There were quite a few holes in the plot as far as I'm concerned; however, I really liked the concept.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Thu 29 Nov, 2007 03:21 pm
Be sure to see No Country For Old Men. Amazing direction.
0 Replies

justcallmeblue

Reply Fri 30 Nov, 2007 07:55 am
the idea seems a little forced...the trailers made it look like a low budget sci-fi original movie. i heard the graphic novel was amazing though.
0 Replies

Paaskynen

Reply Sat 1 Dec, 2007 11:17 am
The central idea of vampires rampaging in the arctic night was already dealt with (in a semi-comic way) in the Swedish flick Frostbiten.
0 Replies

Dorothy Parker

Reply Tue 4 Dec, 2007 10:24 am
Re: 30 Days Of Night
ryn37 wrote:
Dorothy Parker wrote:

Anybody seen it?

Would like to discuss.

I saw it a couple of weeks ago and liked it for the most part. The ending seemed a little......contrived?, maybe?....that's the best word I can think of for right now. There were quite a few holes in the plot as far as I'm concerned; however, I really liked the concept.

Yeah...far too many holes in the plot. The little vampire girl in the store, the ship at the beginning, her under the car near the end etc etc

I wonder if the faces of some of the vampires were done with make up or computers? They did look very freaky.
0 Replies

justcallmeblue

Reply Thu 6 Dec, 2007 06:49 am
the faces looked like they were done with computers. I think it would be too expensive to do that much makeup for that many people.
0 Replies

Dorothy Parker

Reply Thu 6 Dec, 2007 11:05 am
Yeah you probably right justcallmeblue.

I've just realised who the head vampire reminds me of! The older guy from Big Brother this year! I think his name was Johnathon. Been bugging me for ages who he looked like.
0 Replies

the CG

Reply Wed 2 Jan, 2008 01:52 pm
I have to say that I'm a marginal thumbs up on the movie...I saw it when it came out having been a big fan of the graphic novel/comic... But sometimes the translation from paper to the big screen leaves much to be desired...but isn't that always the case? Read the graphic novel...that's a solid thumbs up!
0 Replies

Dorothy Parker

Reply Thu 3 Jan, 2008 02:11 pm
the CG wrote:
I have to say that I'm a marginal thumbs up on the movie...I saw it when it came out having been a big fan of the graphic novel/comic... But sometimes the translation from paper to the big screen leaves much to be desired...but isn't that always the case? Read the graphic novel...that's a solid thumbs up!

Hi the CG!

I have never read a graphic novel but I would be interested to see the one this movie is based on. But do you think a graphic novel could ever be as scary / atmospheric as a movie?
0 Replies

mrhunt

Reply Fri 4 Jan, 2008 03:12 am
Yeah,I REALLY loved The Movie and thought it was Actually Really Unique and Frightening....Just wonderful atmosphere and Everything about it was terrific....That guy in the beginning In Jail Was great at freaking you out and how the vampires began by killing all communication and transportation to the town was Great too.....

but your right about those plotholes....I never thought about that....What WAS the deal with that ship in the beginning? ....And What WAS The deal with the vampire baby? Was she there all along Or did someone turn her by accident? I think it was more to shock Us that they axed to death a little girl than anything else.....
and the whole "IM done playing with THIS ONE!" Was Super freaky too so i loved it.
0 Replies

the CG

Reply Fri 4 Jan, 2008 01:49 pm
Dorothy Parker wrote:
the CG wrote:

Hi the CG!

I have never read a graphic novel but I would be interested to see the one this movie is based on. But do you think a graphic novel could ever be as scary / atmospheric as a movie?

Of course it could be as scary, if not more scary...since there are no limits with your imagination. There are so many nuances and details that can be quite difficult to express in a film that can be readily communicated through a book, graphic novel or comic book. Naturally the success of a story is dependent on the skill of it's teller, in this case the artist and writer...but I think they deliver the goods in this particular instance... Try it and tell me what u think. :wink:
0 Replies

Dorothy Parker

Reply Sat 5 Jan, 2008 12:45 pm
Yeah think I will, the CG.

Where do you buy them? Just normal book shops or do I have to go to one of those nerdy comic book places? (just kidding)

Laughing
0 Replies

the CG

Reply Sat 5 Jan, 2008 04:29 pm
Dorothy Parker wrote:
Yeah think I will, the CG.

Where do you buy them? Just normal book shops or do I have to go to one of those nerdy comic book places? (just kidding)

Laughing

Yer in the UK...so I'm not quite sure where u could get it... Where I am most of the mainstream booksellers carry graphic novels, esp this one in particular since it ties-in with the movie. If you've got a Virgin Megastore nearby they may have it. There's always Amazon.com and eBay. But if you are brave enough you could surely find it in a comic shop...and the clerks (nerds) there could give u some recommendations on other good reads! :wink:
0 Replies