Creation Science Fair

farmerman

Reply Thu 25 Sep, 2003 02:12 pm
no skeptic, that , to them is prima facie evidence. Ive seen the word "steve" used quite a bit to mean someone who is NOT evolutionarily disposed.
Youve heard the fundamentalist mantra against homosexuality
"God created Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve".

How do you ask a nine year old to prove or refute science theory when they havent even been exposed to it properly?
0 Replies

skeptic

Reply Thu 25 Sep, 2003 03:49 pm
Creation Science
I agree that the thought of a nine year old may reflect those things, but look at the way the fair was reported. "she even tried feeding steve bananas, but he refused".....that has the notes of a Joke to me......and if you claim that a NINE year old was behind it, then did she change the name of her uncle to conform to a much more adult-minded theological stereotype. I doubt it.
Its much more likely that it is a creative parody. And at that it is very successful!!
Greg
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 25 Sep, 2003 04:09 pm
It ain't parody -- and it ain't funny.

It is sad-- and a bit frightening.

But as I said earlier -- the law of unintended consequences will hit these characters.
0 Replies

skeptic

Reply Thu 25 Sep, 2003 04:23 pm
hi
Anything is possible, but it still rings true of parody to me....after browsing some of the other areas of the site, I found that they claim one of the ministers has boycotted Piggly-Wiggly, that another has had all "cursing" seseme street dolls taken off the market, and that another has banded against people who offer to repair dents or cracks in your windshield (which he claims are actually cults!!!), and I came across a suggestion of renaming Christmas as Santamas, because it is centered around Santa Claus.
I still feel this is a parody. Very Happy
Greg
0 Replies

skeptic

Reply Thu 25 Sep, 2003 04:31 pm
Parody
I'm still looking at the site...
They are against the store J.C. Penney's because of the J.C., which makes people think of Jesus Christ..

They are against Sears, because it sounds like "Seers", which is what flesh does in hell

Against Cinnabun, because it sounds like Sin Upon

etc, etc...this goes on and on....

come on, this is a parody site!!!!!!!

I've emailed a couple of the people on the site...i will be interested in their response....

Greg
0 Replies