How to fix an Xbox 360 controller..

Reply Sat 10 Nov, 2007 01:51 pm
My boyfriend's Xbox has just come back to us from repair, so we went out and bought Halo 3, as you do.

Got home, tried it out on multiplayer and my controller isn't working.

It's a wired one, and it seems that if you wiggle the wire, it does work for a short period of time. But seriously, aiming in a hurry, you don't really have time to wiggle the bloody wire until it decides to work.

It's the right stick that's playing up. As soon as you start the game, the screen starts to tilt up very slowly, as if you have your finger slightly on the stick, in the end you end up staring at the sky, which really makes gameplay hard.

I've tried bashing the controller (yes, I know, probably not the greatest idea, but it works..ish!) and wiggling the wire endlessly but the control is still very sticky and eventually points you upwards all the same.

Does anyone know how I can fix this? I've got the controller all in pieces at the moment, pretty sure it's a loose connection(?) but I'm not quite sure what I can do without taking all the wires out and resoldering them. And then that might not even work...

Any help would be greatly appreciated, we don't really want to end up going out to get a brand new controller if we can fix the one we've already got..
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 990 • Replies: 3
No top replies

boomerang

Reply Sat 10 Nov, 2007 02:36 pm
You might just want to buy a replacement. I have no idea what they cost for that system but I just bought a Playstation knockoff for about $8.00.
0 Replies

honey rose cr

Reply Sun 18 Nov, 2007 03:27 am
I went back downstairs to see what I could do with the controller and my bf's mother had put it back together... I was like... It took me ages to get that apart. Oh well. We went and bought a new one anyway.

Might try and fix the wired one now, it doesn't matter so much if I really and truly break it coz we've got the new one.

They're like £33 for a wireless one. We got it for £28 though, the casing was a bit battered and we had a friend on the till. Very Happy
0 Replies

justcallmeblue

Reply Tue 27 Nov, 2007 12:59 pm
smashing controllers to bits when they need to be retired is a great stress buster. put some thermite on it and watch the thing burn all the way to hell in a brilliant show of light, flames and sparks
0 Replies