Should I change my doorway pages into their own independent

Reply Sun 4 Nov, 2007 09:08 am
Hello, I own a website. Over the years I've built up traffic to the site by buying out competitors, buying other domain names and turning them into doorway pages leading to my main site.

However, someone I met mentioned that I should change the doorway pages into their own independent businesses. That way I'd capture more market share and make more money.

But if I change the doorway pages I may risk losing search engine positioning that those doorway pages have. Is it worth the risk of doing this?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 680 • Replies: 1
No top replies

Robert Gentel

Reply Tue 6 Nov, 2007 06:06 am
You can have your cake and eat it. From a search engine standpoint as long as the new sites have links to the hub site they will still provide most of the SEO value.

You can add value to the "doorway" sites and if done right it will only increase the SEO value they pass in their links to your hub site.

Now the devil is in the details, and you should not attempt this without a competent SEO who is familiar with URL rewriting.
0 Replies