Red Flagged emails-Vista OS.

Reply Wed 31 Oct, 2007 07:08 pm
Using VISTA OS, I received a Red Flagged email. I wanted to Forward it on to someone else but without the Red Flag.
I cannot get rid of it (the Red Flag), but using XP (Outlook Express) I can simply click onto it (the Red Flag) and it goes away. Why anyone would bother using a Red Flag in the first place is beyond me, but I accept that it takes all sorts to make the world go around.
It (the Red Flag) has no purpose in my life, and it annoys the %^&* out of me if/when I get a Red Flagged email.
Has anyone got any advice for me as to how remove it bearing in mind I am referring to the VISTA OS?
My beloved XP has never caused me any problems. The Vista I use doesn't belong to me, THANK GOODNESS. I'm just trying to help others. They get the problems and phone me for help. I then tell them I shall ask A2K. Very Happy
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 749 • Replies: 3
No top replies

roger

Reply Wed 31 Oct, 2007 07:40 pm
You're sure it's the OS and not the mail service. I've never seen a red flag on incoming mail. I use yahoo mail and can set and clear an orange flag, but that's just a functon of the mail service.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 31 Oct, 2007 07:42 pm
I should add that I've been using Vista for a couple of months, and haven't seen any email changes, keeping in mind that yahoo is the only service I use.
0 Replies

Vonda1941

Reply Thu 1 Nov, 2007 02:17 am
I am only referring to "Outlook Express", that is the name of the program in XP, but when they invented Vista, they changed the name but not the format. It has nothing whatsoever to do with Yahoo or any other email program. This problem arose when one of my friends, with a new Vista, received an email with the Red Flag. That sent her into a downhill spiral and she paniced. She is in her early 80s. Once I had reassured her that it really meant nothing and she had nothing to fear, she then said she wanted to forward on this particular email to someone else, but she did not want to sent it on as a forward with the next person also going to cop/receive this Red Flag.
I tried to kill the Red Flag but it wouldn't budge. I can kill the Red Flag in my Outlook Express / XP, but this new Vista is a whole new kettle of fish. Crying or Very sad
With Vista I clicked onto Message> Set Priority> and there were only 3 options.. High; Normal; Low. So the best I could do was click "Low". Now in hindsight maybe I should have selected "Normal". I will try that the next time I am sitting at the Vista. That might work.
0 Replies