Author Who Wants To Kill God Makes Children's Movie

tinygiraffe

Reply Tue 30 Oct, 2007 04:26 pm
to a point, i agree with you, and it's a topic i could talk about for a long, long time.

then again, i recall that atheists believe everyone is going to be obliterated, regardless of merit.

but it might still be used to indoctrinate people into doing certain things for that "immortal" state.

i think heaven and hell are stupid reasons to do anything. go back to indoctrinating people with right and wrong, and leave the mystical stuff out, until they take a personal interest in it.

there's a little bit of intended irony there. i'm trying to make many points by making a small few and having a laugh. i think it's a good approach to religion sometimes, like the discordians approach it.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Tue 30 Oct, 2007 05:59 pm
We all die as descendants of Adam. But, according to the bible, Adam and Eve had the prospect of living forever on earth. It may seem to us like an intolerably long time, but God has not abandoned his purpose.

So the choice we have is between life and death.

No roasting, toasting, baking, or broiling.
0 Replies

Wolf ODonnell

Reply Wed 31 Oct, 2007 04:59 am
Re: Author Who Wants To Kill God Makes Children's Movie
baddog1 wrote:
Additionally, as Pullman admits to his desire to 'kill God' -
Quote:
I was alarmed that he would be in a position to influence children either directly or subliminally through books or movie(s).

I was equally alarmed by C. S. Lewis' attempts to influence children directly or subliminally through his first Narnia book. Your point being?

It's not as if Pullman is calling for children to be immoral or amoral.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 31 Oct, 2007 05:25 am
Re: Author Who Wants To Kill God Makes Children's Movie
baddog1 wrote:
Additionally, as Pullman admits to his desire to 'kill God' - I was alarmed that he would be in a position to influence children either directly or subliminally through books or movie(s).

we can certainly hope that more children learn to think critically through their exposure to Pullman's work
0 Replies