1
   

Is there truth?

 
 
bellsybop
 
  1  
Reply Thu 1 Nov, 2007 09:19 am
I found my truth by having a shift of consciousness. I stopped seeing God as separate from me as theology teaches. Religion has set a model for us to believe and follow in. God made the model by creating you, as a thinker. Separate yourself from your religious beliefs and find the simple truth. When you understand it, you see the greatest truth. You are not separate from God.. you are one with God.
0 Replies
 
IFeelFree
 
  1  
Reply Thu 1 Nov, 2007 06:32 pm
bellsybop wrote:
I found my truth by having a shift of consciousness. I stopped seeing God as separate from me as theology teaches. Religion has set a model for us to believe and follow in. God made the model by creating you, as a thinker. Separate yourself from your religious beliefs and find the simple truth. When you understand it, you see the greatest truth. You are not separate from God.. you are one with God.

I couldn't have said it better. God is one with your inner Self. It is an experience that arises from a shift of consciousness or spiritual awakening. For some, it comes slowly, perhaps as a result of spiritual practice. For others, it comes suddenly. It is not an intellectual process, but comes as a result of the direct, unmediated experience of Self -- pure consciousness -- when thought is quieted. The silent awareness that is alive in the core of your being is seen as the context in which all thought and experience arise. There is awakening from the dream of separation to the truth of unity.
0 Replies
 
tinygiraffe
 
  1  
Reply Thu 1 Nov, 2007 10:39 pm
Quote:
I found my truth by having a shift of consciousness. I stopped seeing God as separate from me as theology teaches. Religion has set a model for us to believe and follow in.


i sympathize. let me presume for a moment, why do you think that religion can't be resolved with this shift in some way?
0 Replies
 
IFeelFree
 
  1  
Reply Fri 2 Nov, 2007 05:40 pm
tinygiraffe wrote:
Quote:
I found my truth by having a shift of consciousness. I stopped seeing God as separate from me as theology teaches. Religion has set a model for us to believe and follow in.


i sympathize. let me presume for a moment, why do you think that religion can't be resolved with this shift in some way?

If I may interject here....I think its because most religious people have not experienced this shift of consciousness. When I talk to religious folks, Christians, about my spiritual views and experiences, they react as if I told them I'm from Mars. They can't seem to relate. I have no idea what motivates them in their "spiritual" life. It's a mystery to me.
0 Replies
 
bellsybop
 
  1  
Reply Fri 2 Nov, 2007 06:25 pm
Religion, in my personal experience, is what kept me from finding my spirituality. It all but turned me agnostic. I couldn't believe in a God that was as cruel as depicted in the bible. The same with God being fickle with His love.
Once I crossed over from religious teaching, and looked into myself, I found a God who loves unconditionally. Religion didn't allow me to think for myself. It was written as word. I allow myself to connect with my inner self and find God.
0 Replies
 
tinygiraffe
 
  1  
Reply Fri 2 Nov, 2007 06:42 pm
hypothetical timeline, for you two all-but-agnostic spiritualists:

(i'm using the word "godness" to describe god, goddess, gods, divinity in a collective term)

1. humanity begins to discover godness
2. humanity begins to worship godness
3. humanity begins to create religions to worship godness
4. humanity begins to doubt those religions (doubting god isn't new)
5. humanity beings to recreate spirituality without religion

6. spiritually minded people begin to pull everything they can from religion as artifacts, useful pieces, historical accounts (sometimes?) and framework for understanding godness and human belief
7. spiritually minded people (with and without religion) reintegrate with newly spiritual religious people.

i think that the first 5 steps have happened, in whatever order. are 6 and 7 not possible or worthwhile?
0 Replies
 
bellsybop
 
  1  
Reply Fri 2 Nov, 2007 08:35 pm
tinygiraffe wrote:
hypothetical timeline, for you two all-but-agnostic spiritualists:

(i'm using the word "godness" to describe god, goddess, gods, divinity in a collective term)

1. humanity begins to discover godness
2. humanity begins to worship godness
3. humanity begins to create religions to worship godness
4. humanity begins to doubt those religions (doubting god isn't new)
5. humanity beings to recreate spirituality without religion

6. spiritually minded people begin to pull everything they can from religion as artifacts, useful pieces, historical accounts (sometimes?) and framework for understanding godness and human belief
7. spiritually minded people (with and without religion) reintegrate with newly spiritual religious people.

i think that the first 5 steps have happened, in whatever order. are 6 and 7 not possible or worthwhile?

I can't find religion (as ex. of number 6) as a useful framework for understanding godness and human belief.
Understanding godness is something that comes from within myself.


I own every action, every reaction, every emotion, every thought, every word, every deed............and that is godness... when I find the highest form of doing so.
0 Replies
 
tinygiraffe
 
  1  
Reply Fri 2 Nov, 2007 11:11 pm
Quote:
I can't find religion (as ex. of number 6) as a useful framework for understanding godness and human belief.


maybe not one religion. if i was looking for god and found him, and wanted to learn more about him, i'd be inclined to ask everyone what they thought.

along the way, i might even find that while i thought i knew what people's opinions were (christians for instance) i might find they range a lot wider in belief than i used to think. i'd find that countless numbers of them were liberal, openminded, and embarassed by fundamentalists. mind you, the churches would still be full of people that go there to maintain the image of themselves, which they worship on sundays.

Quote:
Understanding godness is something that comes from within myself.


but not just you, within lots of people. and that's why i try to understand everyone's religion. atheists too- there is a belief *system* that naturally comes from the belief that there is no god, and i think it's respectable. it's not organized, but many religions aren't. and those that force themselves to be something they're not (for instance, organized...) end up branching.

Quote:
I own every action, every reaction, every emotion, every thought, every word, every deed............and that is godness... when I find the highest form of doing so.


but are you the only person i should consult on the matter? am i the only person i should consult on the matter?

religion (in general) is a very good framework for organizing the philosophy of other people, past and present, that have tried to connect with the divine. maybe some people will be happy with the information they find on their own, but i want to know what everyone thinks.

granted, i don't like everything i find. but i still find it useful to have a bigger picture of what humanity believes. to me, that's what religion is worth. it's like a giant history textbook of man's attempts to connect with god. i find it fascinating. then again, i'm kind of a nerd that way. not everyone is.
0 Replies
 
bellsybop
 
  1  
Reply Sat 3 Nov, 2007 12:59 am
I hope you find what you are looking for my friend. Smile
0 Replies
 
hanno
 
  1  
Reply Mon 12 Nov, 2007 09:09 pm
sure there's truth-but we're nowhere near it. Maybe my keyboard is grey, but if I say it like that it's not really true to what's going on because I've no idea, not even a valid generalization to model the frozen planets around dead suns that are maneuvering far above my head while I contemplate the keyboard. It's all a matter of vectors in reality-what we can say that at least parallels what's really going on.
0 Replies
 
 

Related Topics

700 Inconsistencies in the Bible - Discussion by onevoice
Why do we deliberately fool ourselves? - Discussion by coincidence
Spirituality - Question by Miller
Oneness vs. Trinity - Discussion by Arella Mae
give you chills - Discussion by Bartikus
Evidence for Evolution! - Discussion by Bartikus
Evidence of God! - Discussion by Bartikus
One World Order?! - Discussion by Bartikus
God loves us all....!? - Discussion by Bartikus
The Preambles to Our States - Discussion by Charli
 
  1. Forums
  2. » Is there truth?
  3. » Page 2
Copyright © 2022 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 09/26/2022 at 02:40:53