How Can We Make A2K More "Inviting" to People?

msolga

Reply Thu 18 Oct, 2007 09:17 pm
Intrepid wrote:
Who determines who is a dolt and who is not? Confused

The cliques, of course, silly! :wink:
0 Replies

roger

Reply Thu 18 Oct, 2007 09:20 pm
Okay, I think I've got it. If that cat winks at me, it's Msolga. If it doesn't, it's Vonda.

Really Vonda, joining in 2004 is not going to get you into the Newbie Clique.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Thu 18 Oct, 2007 09:28 pm
roger wrote:
Okay, I think I've got it. If that cat winks at me, it's Msolga. If it doesn't, it's Vonda.

Really Vonda, joining in 2004 is not going to get you into the Newbie Clique.

Clever rat! Very Happy

But how do you know Vonda is not already a member of the Cat Clique, hmmmmm?
0 Replies

roger

Reply Thu 18 Oct, 2007 10:17 pm
There's a cat clique? Has anybody seen Costal Rat and Lab Rat lately?
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Thu 18 Oct, 2007 11:18 pm
roger wrote:
Has anybody seen Costal Rat and Lab Rat lately?

Laughing
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Thu 18 Oct, 2007 11:43 pm
roger wrote:
There's a cat clique?

There is indeed, Roger. It's a secret online feline society. I'd invite you to join, but, being a rodent & all, you might not feel too secure in our company!
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 19 Oct, 2007 03:18 am
Quote:
Quote:
What I was referring to was a generalized good will towards all new members, and a tentative acceptance and graciousness towards all. If they prove themselves to be dolts, at least we will have the lemonade at the ready to throw at them! :wink:

Who determines who is a dolt and who is not? Confused Doesn't this fly in the face of the desire to make everyone feel welcome?

Absolutely not. To be labeled a "dolt" one must create a track record of "doltishness". Obviously a new member cannot have that. IMO, a newbie enters the forum "tabula rasa", and I offer him/her immediate graciousness. If, over time, by his words, he proves himself to be a dolt..........................................

The exception to this rule is the newbie whom, in his first post, writes something so negatively provacative, that I believe that I must react disagreeably to him. Often these folks are not necessarily dolts, but internet trolls, whose sole purpose in life is to raise the hackles of forum goers.
0 Replies

OGIONIK

Reply Fri 19 Oct, 2007 04:30 am
ID SAY ADD MORE DAILY CONTENT, HOROSCOPES ETC.. AN URGENT NEWS BULLETIN, AND A FEW MORE CATERGORIES.

SEX, FOR ONE. I BET THAT WOULD ADD ALOT MORE TRAFFIC LOL.(SOME THINGS YOU DONT WANT TO ASK RIGHT ABOVE A POST WHERE A GIRL JUST HAD HER HEART RIPPED OUT, LOL)

MORE CONTENT, READING OTHER PEOPLES THOUGHTS ALL DAY CAN BE ENLIGHTENING, BUT MAYBE SOMETHING MORE GROUP-FOCUSED.

LIKE ENDORSED DEBATES ON CERTAIN SUBJECTS? WITH PRIZES OR SOMETHING. A2K ART CONTESTS? DAILY GROUP SKETCHES LIKE ON CONCEPT ART . ORG?

I DONT KNOW, IM BORED RAMBLING WITH 4 HOURS LEFT.

WHATEVER, I SAY DAILY CONTENT IS THE KEY. AND ADD MORE CONTENT, AND INTEREACTIVE CONTENT. AND COMPETITIONS.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 19 Oct, 2007 04:32 am
OGIONIK- Posting all in caps is a turn off for many people. In netiquette, it is tantamount to shouting! Sad
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Fri 19 Oct, 2007 04:55 am
Phoenix is right, I can't even read it, it makes my eyes hurt.

I think, and it's purely an observation, that successful online communities can't be too big. A2K is like a small town, if it was a big city we wouldn't know each other's business, and we wouldn't recognise that the guy that just walked in is new to town. Imagine if all the thousands of A2K registrants posted even 2 messages a day. Gah.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 19 Oct, 2007 05:00 am
hingehead wrote:
Phoenix is right, I can't even read it, it makes my eyes hurt.

I think, and it's purely an observation, that successful online communities can't be too big. A2K is like a small town, if it was a big city we wouldn't know each other's business, and we wouldn't recognise that the guy that just walked in is new to town. Imagine if all the thousands of A2K registrants posted even 2 messages a day. Gah.

Hey, hingehead; I just noticed your avatar. Great one.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 19 Oct, 2007 05:35 am
hingehead wrote:
Imagine if all the thousands of A2K registrants posted even 2 messages a day. Gah.

The mind boggles! Shocked
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Fri 19 Oct, 2007 05:49 am
edgarblythe wrote:
Hey, hingehead; I just noticed your avatar. Great one.

Thanks Edgar, you continue be one of Texas's saving graces. Have a Lone Star for me.
0 Replies

Mr Nice

Reply Sat 20 Oct, 2007 06:53 am
I am a new member and feel welcome here.

Thanks, everybody.
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Sat 20 Oct, 2007 03:38 pm
Indonesia!
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 22 Oct, 2007 03:09 am
Mr Nice wrote:

Thanks, everybody.

Good to meet another near neighbour here, Mr Nice! Welcome! Very Happy

Where abouts in Indonesia do you live?
0 Replies

Mr Nice

Reply Mon 22 Oct, 2007 09:54 am
msolga wrote:
Mr Nice wrote:

Thanks, everybody.

Good to meet another near neighbour here, Mr Nice! Welcome! Very Happy

Where abouts in Indonesia do you live?

Java Island.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 22 Oct, 2007 10:17 am
I have a serious suggestion here. Kick all the Canadians and Aussies off the board. Cheezits, the islamofascist allahpuke enemy combatants that show up are more clued in to reality..

(except you Montana).
0 Replies

tinygiraffe

Reply Mon 22 Oct, 2007 02:51 pm
cjhsa wrote:
I have a serious suggestion here. Kick all the Canadians and Aussies off the board.

i have a suggestion, "accidentally" confuse cjhsa for an australian...
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Mon 22 Oct, 2007 03:15 pm
I have a suggestion. Why don't you just keep writing about it Rolling Eyes Laughing
Good luck changing "peoples" perception" btw.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/19/2024 at 08:30:13