My Apologies for my previous signature line

Reply Thu 14 Aug, 2003 02:33 am
It has been pointed out to me that my last signature line has caused offense to some people. It has now been changed.

As a person who has been at the recieving end of an attempted gang rape, I know the distress this word, or its memories, can cause. I have learnt to deal with it as a joke, and don't think much abt it, but I still don't go to gay clubs - as it was there this incident happened.

In hindsight, I was wrong to use this signature line, and I am not being defensive or anything - but this sentence is what we use very commonly at work - rape pointing to having troubles caused by yr boss or other co-workers.

It was done without thinking, and I realize that the joke this time went a bit too far.

I sincerely apologize for any offense or distress I may have caused.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,637 • Replies: 25
No top replies

Wilso

Reply Thu 14 Aug, 2003 03:20 am
I don't know what you're talking about-but I forgive you. Very Happy
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Thu 14 Aug, 2003 03:41 am
I know what you're talking about, and I forgive you. Have to admit it was a bit of a shock to see that. Glad it's gone.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 14 Aug, 2003 04:17 am
Apologies accepted. When I first saw it, I got a shuddering deja vu. Being of the younger generation, you probably don't know the history of that particular remark:

http://www.tvparty.com/lostnytex.html
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 14 Aug, 2003 04:57 am
You are a good man, Gautam. Hugs and such...
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Thu 14 Aug, 2003 05:34 am
Thanks guyz !
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Thu 14 Aug, 2003 06:15 am
Platonic hug :wink:
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Thu 14 Aug, 2003 06:24 am
Good grief, Gautam. I didn't even see the signature of which you speak, so you don't owe me an apology; however, it does give me a chance to give you a big hug either platonic or plutonic. Laughing
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Thu 14 Aug, 2003 06:49 am
Gautam--

Not to worry. I had you slotted as "unaware" rather than as "insensitive clod". Glad the tag is gone, but done is done--you don't deserve to grovel.

Hold your dominion.
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Thu 14 Aug, 2003 06:54 am
Hmmm.. Well, I hadn't seen it and I'm not really the hugging type.. How 'bout a nice firm handshake? Wanna get a beer? Very Happy
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 14 Aug, 2003 07:54 am
Or go Fishin'?
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Thu 14 Aug, 2003 08:26 am
Beer sounds better Smile
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Thu 14 Aug, 2003 09:08 am
You are a good guy. I didn't see the signature line, but I like hugs. Very Happy
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 14 Aug, 2003 09:19 am
Quote:
Not to worry. I had you slotted as "unaware" rather than as "insensitive clod".

Noddy24- I think that you are "right on the money"!
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 14 Aug, 2003 09:24 am
I don't think anyone who has seen many of your posts will peg you as an insensitive person. Whatever the signature line was (I honestly never honed in on it) be happy that it is gone and that is the end of it.

It was very considerate of you to actually post an apology that you considered needed, though!

Nice to see that.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Thu 14 Aug, 2003 09:28 am
I saw the tagline...a bit shocked at first, but I felt that it was one of those "losing my mind completely" moments....Smile This thread proves his innocence, methinks.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 14 Aug, 2003 09:36 am
)Certainly I accept your apology.
I'm not frinking, so some rare fruit juice with ice will do.

(Didn't really notice your previous signature :wink: ..... as being offensive, I mean Very Happy . Especially, since we know personally [although your comment to Mrs. Walter ...] Laughing)
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Thu 14 Aug, 2003 10:06 am
I did see, and kept re-reading it expecting to have it wrong, or for you to have installed some 'switching signature' like Craven that would make sense of it for me...

So glad it's gone, and glad you cared enough about those of us who were offended to say something.

I didna speak of it to anyone. I almost PMed you, but am trying to curtail my "PC/unPC Policewoman" activities. Very Happy
0 Replies

husker

Reply Thu 14 Aug, 2003 10:08 am
I was a sleep so no problem here! My skins pretty thick also Smile
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Thu 14 Aug, 2003 10:34 am
As I posted to the thread where the matter originally occurred:

Gautam, I don't think that anyone who knows you believes your signature line was meant to be offensive. Thanks for removing it, you are a charmer and not a harmer Smile
0 Replies