Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 3,114 • Replies: 76
No top replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 9 Oct, 2007 05:14 am
Why is this not in the humor forum?
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Tue 9 Oct, 2007 05:19 am
How bout cause it ain't really funny. I mean, nazis thought gassing Jews and gypsies was funny at one time; that view ultimately didn't take hold worldwide.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Tue 9 Oct, 2007 05:22 am
Again, for anybody who might have missed it:

http://www.expelledthemovie.com
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Tue 9 Oct, 2007 01:26 pm
gunga wrote-

Quote:
Many in this mob are doubtless among the bien- pensant who approved of that dwarf from Tehran (to quote the late Oriana Fallaci) speaking recently at Columbia University. Academic freedom for a dictator;

And the man responsible for hanging a simple and naive 15 year old girl who had had sex from a hired mobile crane arm in a public square and probably charging her parents for the hire and in the prisons under his guidance unspeakeable things are done on a regular basis.

Some people might be in favour of levelling Columbia with the ground but I'm a mild man and simply recommend fumigation.
0 Replies

TheCorrectResponse

Reply Tue 9 Oct, 2007 01:36 pm
Gunga:

Apparently no mater how hard you have tried you don't seem to be able to get back to another post of yours where you helpfully pointed out to me:

Quote:
The problem isn't communism in this case.

To which I responded:

Quote:
Your mention of communism just caused me a great shock. You have been so busy worrying about science you seem to have completely missed George Bush's new world order. The godless communists are no longer our enemies they are the saviors of the western world. No longer left wing, but RED RIGHT and BLUE. If not why would Bush and the Republican Party have sided with the godless…er…I mean our saviors, against God-fearing patriotic workers in America.

When business started moving jobs and hi-tech technology to China, even from the God-fearing bible-belt south did the republicans say NO! Actually they said we'll give you tax breaks to do it because when it comes to the lazy good for nothing God-fearing patriots…well we just can't trust them. Not like our good friends in communist China.

In fact when was the last time that you heard Bush or any other republican call it Communist China? They are even trying their best to increase the trade deficit we have with Vietnam; another shining example of our good friends. Aren't you glad we helped that hero Ho Che Min defeat that evil democratic South Vietnam?

I can't believe you missed all this. Of course a lot of it was happening during the years when Rush was a drug addict so he might have been too fogged out to let you know. Well, I won't dwell on it anymore as I know how embarrassed you must be to have missed this. I won't keep you messing around on a science thread when you have so much of Bush's new world order stuff to catch up on!

Maybe you could start by reading Mao's "Little Red Book". I hear Chaney keeps it on him…even has a waterproof version to take in the bathtub. Well, happy reading! Comrade!

I knew you have been dying to explain your buddy Bush's new found friends, so I thought I'd repost here, since you seem to be able to access this thread just fine.
0 Replies

TheCorrectResponse

Reply Tue 9 Oct, 2007 01:40 pm
And Spendi,
I haven't heard from you since you told me to prove that your buddy Bob Dylan's last album was plagiarized from an obscure Japanese Book. I provided you the link of an interview with the author of the book along with the plagiarism and you've gone radio silent on me ever since.

Probably having the same posting issues that gunga is having I guess!. Either that or you've been busy learning Japanese so you can sing along with his next album.
0 Replies

tinygiraffe

Reply Tue 9 Oct, 2007 02:22 pm
what an enormous pile of b.s. - is it "censorship" when a church doesn''t give "equal time" to other theories about god?

stop bearing false witness, dumbasses! have some f***ing integrity for christ's sake. ALSO, LEARN SCIENCE.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Tue 9 Oct, 2007 02:23 pm
TCR

I never saw it. Where was it?

BTW Bob Dylan is no buddy of mine.
0 Replies

TheCorrectResponse

Reply Tue 9 Oct, 2007 02:31 pm
Spendi:
Quote:

I never saw it. Where was it?

BTW Bob Dylan is no buddy of mine.

So it must have been BAD spendius that posted this:

Quote:

You're wasting your time knocking Bob Dylan with me. If you manage to put others off that's their problem.

I don't know which one of your personalities I'm responding to now but here is the link:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/3055425.stm

We really need to get your meds changed!
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Tue 9 Oct, 2007 03:27 pm
TCR-

Those two remarks of mine are not connected in any way. There is no "BAD spendius".

Dali said- "Dali not good- rest sheet."

You can't compare Dylan to anyone else. He isn't in the same business. He pretends to be sometimes though. He's scary.

Have you read the biog of Rimbaud? Literature fanatics are few and far between. Dylan's one. I'm another. Obviously we will have a similar take on things. We don't read magazines. We might look at the pictures occasionally.

Thanks for your patience and understanding. I'll check the link out.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Tue 9 Oct, 2007 03:34 pm
And what a compliment to Dylan it is.

He takes most of his lines from what he sees and hears. You could do it yourself if you took the trouble. People often say things spontaneously which scan and flow and contain some meagre truth. I used to carry a notebook in the pub and I wrote a lot down. People thought I was nuts. It's a question whether you listen to others or not. And in books you come across striking lines.

"I was in bed with the catamite when the archbishop called to tell me the Prime Minister had resigned" for example.
0 Replies

tinygiraffe

Reply Tue 9 Oct, 2007 03:42 pm
it tastes like chicken
if catamite is anything like vegemite, i think i'll stick with peanut butter and jelly.
0 Replies

TheCorrectResponse

Reply Tue 9 Oct, 2007 04:42 pm
Spendi Said:
Quote:
...People thought I was nuts.

Shocked I find THAT hard to believe.

I know that wasn't a fair quote, Embarrassed but I couldn't resist. Laughing

Gunga:
There you go bad mouthing your "commie" saviors again, but RESFUSE to respond to my post about how your fearless leader and Republican cronies now see them as the next best thing to the second coming. Implying 'our economy would collapse without the Chinese. Can't depend on those lazy good for nothin God fearing Americans.'

At least spendi had the class to provide me a direct response.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Tue 9 Oct, 2007 05:05 pm
And I enjoyed gunga's post as well. It reminded me of a scene in Ecstasy Girls. The one where the Comstock character is accused of not knowing his own daughters.

According to Edward Gibbon, whose fantastic prose I have been revisiting recently, the deaths from religious intoleration in the past were much exaggerated and given some extra spin doctoring by monks who had nothing better to do than feed their own masochistic fantasies.

I think gunga's estimate of 200,000,000 is a woeful underestimation.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Tue 9 Oct, 2007 05:14 pm
Re: Evolutionite censhorship at Baylor
gungasnake wrote:
John Hugh Gilmore, guest column: Mob rule, not academic freedom, at Baylor

Listen to this article or download audio file.Click-2-Listen.

In order to get to the bottom of something like this, we need to break it down into pieces so we can check the veracity of each one, and we need to have each side represent themselves and then let a judge decide...

Oh yeh, we did that already. ID lost. Big Time. Not only lost, but got laughed out of the courtroom and exposed as creationist propaganda. It's no wonder honest institutions of higher learning want to distance themselves from it.

Good for Baylor.
0 Replies

Vengoropatubus

Reply Tue 9 Oct, 2007 05:17 pm
Evolution didn't cause the holocaust any more than religion has caused genocides. Sure, evolution and religion might be the justifications, but deranged lunatics will use any excuse they can get to do what they want. It's those people you need to watch out for, the ones who will toss everything aside to achieve their goal.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 9 Oct, 2007 05:20 pm
Good for Baylor.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Tue 9 Oct, 2007 05:45 pm
That's one vote for the dean of the Engineering Department.

What's his name osso?

Any two-way mirror stuff or research assistants blowing him off to try to take advantage of his patronage? What's his CV? Reserved car parking space type stuff. You know!!
0 Replies

Wolf ODonnell

Reply Wed 10 Oct, 2007 04:15 am
Bloody Hell, Gunga's post is so full of ignorance.

Eugenics was around long before Darwin came up with his Theory of Evolution and published The Origin of Species. And don't forget Christians were persecuting Jews long before Hitler (a Christian) came along and incited Protestants to aid him in exterminating the Jews.

Go learn about reality before you harp on about your delusional non-existent world.
0 Replies