Evolutionite censhorship at Baylor

spendius

Reply Tue 13 Nov, 2007 12:36 pm
A short-hand job eh? It figures.

I was actually referring to an essay which can be read in a few minutes and which is right there on Google. Schopenhauer-On Women gets it.

You could try, if only for experimental purposes, directing your attention to something you haven't been looking for.

Otherwise I can't see why you are participating in this digression. Plenty of people are not familiar with the Essay on Women. It's nothing to be ashamed of. No mention of his other work has been made and the words speak for themselves whoever wrote them. I shouldn't think the essay was covered in the book you "had" to read. You make it sound like Fois-gras education.

I'm asking anti-IDers to identify with the essay or say on which points they disagree. That's all- it's simple enough.
0 Replies

Sglass

Reply Tue 13 Nov, 2007 12:46 pm
farmerman wrote:
C-glass said
Quote:
One has to remember that Darwin was a "Christian" and walked a tight rope between scientific inquiry and religious fanatisim in order to survive in the academic society of his time. I truly do not take Darwin to task for his brilliant opus, but only suggest there were some hanging threads
This is incorrect. Darwin dropped his faith early in his career as a naturalist. Before he left the Beagle his inquiries into "how stupid was god to not have gotten design elements right the first time" Darwin had mnany "aha" moments in his departure from religion and spirituality. His wife Emma was convinced that he, because of his agnosticism would be rewarded with not spending eternity with her.

You have to go back an reread Darwins letters and notes. (many of which are on the web). Just because he had ministerial training didnt ,mean anything. Lets just say that it didnt "take"

Mr. Famerman, my reference viz a viz Darwin walking a tight rope between religion and science might have been a bit dramatic.

In view of his early religious affiliation and his marriage to a woman who was a very devout Christian and the impact that Darwin created for organized religion with his theory of evolution because it conflicted with the religious convictions of the Church. which he did not share

Because of his scientific views he avoided talking about the theological and sociological aspects of his work (other writers did it for him). to spare the feelings and emotions of his family and others around him who would find it disturbing. By all accounts he was a gentle and caring man and did not want to offend. I stated myself very poorly. Sorry.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Tue 13 Nov, 2007 01:01 pm
I don't see how "scientific views" fit in with avoiding talking "about the theological and sociological aspects of his work to spare the feelings and emotions of his family and others around him who would find it disturbing. "

I thought "scientific views" included the free expression of the facts.

That he failed in that regard suggests that his ministerial training did take.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Tue 13 Nov, 2007 01:07 pm
And I think the defense team at Dover were in the same predicament and failed in their duty for the same reason Darwin did.
0 Replies

Sglass

Reply Tue 13 Nov, 2007 01:20 pm
Now I know why you guys spend most of your time calling each other names and slinging premordial mud. Too much bourbon & bullsh** Laughing
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Tue 13 Nov, 2007 03:19 pm
Perhaps Sglass you might be so kind as to guide us into more intellectually fruitful territory.

In fact some people consider you have a duty to yourself to do so in order to demonstrate the difference between your pronouncement and a balloon being let down in a controlled manner.

Thanking you in anticipation...
0 Replies

Sglass

Reply Tue 13 Nov, 2007 03:59 pm
Darlin' the last time I led someone down the garden path I got poison ivy Razz
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Tue 13 Nov, 2007 04:13 pm
That has decided me in allocating your gender.

Perhaps it might be better if you averted your eyes from our discussions.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 13 Nov, 2007 05:34 pm
C-glass, dont back off, for it was I who misread your post about Darwin. Mine was irrelevant , when I reread your post I should have jumped in and said oops "never mind" Embarrassed
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Tue 13 Nov, 2007 06:23 pm
Natch fm doesn't want Sglass to back off. He knows very well that man-to-man discussions are easier with a lady present assuming those discussions are between gentlemen of discretion and understanding.

That's why the practice of the ladies always withdrawing after the coffee has fallen into desuetude.

Just assert often enough that they are MCPs and there you go if you have your hands on media which can get any answer it wants.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 13 Nov, 2007 06:28 pm
spendi, Im aware of the high regard in which you hold yourself. PArdon me if I fail to understand why
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Tue 13 Nov, 2007 06:33 pm
That's okay fm. Think nothing of it.
0 Replies

Sglass

Reply Tue 13 Nov, 2007 06:46 pm
Mr. Farmerman I was raised in the Texas oilfields.

My parent's friends were drillers, geologists, roughnecks, welders.

That right there should tell you that it is very unlikely that I am going to allow myself to be intimidated by some pontificating dilettante of "tha threads" with a copy of wikipedia under his arm, ready to disseminate the rank and file of A2K. I suggest this gentleman has his head up his butt so far that it is hanging out of his left ear.

I also suggest that Spendius put the plug in his jug and apologize.

As "Granny Annie" former governor of Texas would say, "Would someone put a fork in the sucker and see if he's done."
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 13 Nov, 2007 06:53 pm
Quote:
That right there should tell you that it is very unlikely that I am going to allow myself to be intimidated by some pontificating dilettante of "tha threads" with a copy of wikipedia under his arm, ready to disseminate the rank and file of A2K. I suggest this gentleman has his head up his butt so far that it is hanging out of his left ear.
Sorry I made you angry, but I hope I dont come off as pontificating.
Mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa.
0 Replies

Sglass

Reply Tue 13 Nov, 2007 07:07 pm
I wasn't talking about you FM. I was talking about your comrade in arms, Spendius.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 13 Nov, 2007 09:06 pm
Hes not on my arm, (not that therees anything wrong with that) Smile
0 Replies

Sglass

Reply Tue 13 Nov, 2007 09:24 pm
"Each to their own." said Mrs. O'Leary as she kissed the cow. Razz
0 Replies