LOGICAL PROOFS THAT GOD EXISTS

cjhsa

Reply Fri 12 Oct, 2007 11:12 am
God will be visiting this thread shortly and I hear she's pissed....
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 12 Oct, 2007 12:07 pm
neologist wrote:
I'm not sure that all believers failed to realize the childish hilarity of your initial post. But I also have observed not a few non believers to have slipped from childish hilarity to knee jerkiness.

I didn't say that all believers had failed to "get it"--but there were certainly enough ludicrous posts about "proofs for god" from believers to make a shambles of the thread. Baddog specifically had to ask what the thread was about, which is a pathetic comment. As for "non-believers" (i have an aversion to defining people by what they are not--for example, i am not a Jehovah's Witness; would you consider non-JW to be a revealing description of my view with regard to god and other fairy tales?), i took one of them to task for being as humorless and obsessed as the believers. If you had someone else in mind, point him or her out to me.

Quote:
But, I can understand that. After all, if I am correct about free will, then one's decision to accept or reject the sovereignty of a creator is far from hilarious.

Your "free will" obsession is as pathetic as any of the other of the religious fairy tales, and you had your nose horribly rubbed into the fact that Genesis does not support your stupid claims about your cartoon character god's object lesson in free will. So, it would be hilarious, were it not for the fact that you expect to be taken seriously.

You are no different in that respect than Baddog and Stlstrike.
0 Replies

baddog1

Reply Fri 12 Oct, 2007 12:10 pm
Setanta wrote:
neologist wrote:
I'm not sure that all believers failed to realize the childish hilarity of your initial post. But I also have observed not a few non believers to have slipped from childish hilarity to knee jerkiness.

I didn't say that all believers had failed to "get it"--but there were certainly enough ludicrous posts about "proofs for god" from believers to make a shambles of the thread. Baddog specifically had to ask what the thread was about, which is a pathetic comment. As for "non-believers" (i have an aversion to defining people by what they are not--for example, i am not a Jehovah's Witness; would you consider non-JW to be a revealing description of my view with regard to god and other fairy tales), i took one of them to task for being as humorless and obsessed as the believers. If you had someone else in mind, point him or her out to me.

Quote:
But, I can understand that. After all, if I am correct about free will, then one's decision to accept or reject the sovereignty of a creator is far from hilarious.

Your "free will" obsession is as pathetic as any of the other of the religious fairy tales, and you had your nose horribly rubbed into the fact that Genesis does not support your stupid claims about your cartoon character god. So, it would be hilarious, were it not for the fact that you expect to be taken seriuosly.

You are no different in that respect than Baddog and Stlstrike.

Hi set:

Are you related to wilso?
0 Replies

mesquite

Reply Fri 12 Oct, 2007 02:32 pm
McTag wrote:
mesquite wrote:
Joe Nation wrote:
Joe(you should see the Islamic rules on bathing before prayers. It goes on for pages)Nation

Wudhu 101

Now what more logical proof of the existence of god can you need than such clear cut instructions on how to prepare one's self for a groveling session.

That's amazing. How did Joe know about all that?

Shocked

Respect.

Joe, being an active member of A2K since December 2002 is obviously well informed. I would ask how could you, being a member of A2K for a full month longer than Joe, did NOT know about all that? Shocked :wink:

Back to topic...

Just in case that there may still be some that were not sufficiently impressed with the miraculous clarity and simplicity of the revealed word regarding wudhu prep to be absolutely certain of the existence of God, this should do the trick. Such wisdom could only come from an all knowing god.

Lavatory rules
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Fri 12 Oct, 2007 02:34 pm
Setanta wrote:
. . . fact . . . .
Glad to see you back into the hilarity, Set.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 12 Oct, 2007 03:09 pm
Yes, Neo, whenever i consider your ludicrous claims about what is written in Genesis--hilarity ensues . . .
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Fri 12 Oct, 2007 03:14 pm
I believe our Mr Dawkins has been in the States recently and has received some publicity/ notoriety with his views and his book "The God Delusion" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_God_Delusion

There's another one popular here at the moment, "God Is Not Great".

Anybody read them yet?
0 Replies

stlstrike3

Reply Fri 12 Oct, 2007 03:28 pm
McTag wrote:
I believe our Mr Dawkins has been in the States recently and has received some publicity/ notoriety with his views and his book "The God Delusion" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_God_Delusion

There's another one popular here at the moment, "God Is Not Great".

Anybody read them yet?

"The God Delusion" was possibly the most important book I've ever read. Dawkins articulated ideas that had been floating around in my head for years but cohezed quite nicely after the read. But it's more for the scientifically-inclined. He gets a little deep in science lingo in some parts (I could follow it as a scientist, but I must admit I had to slow down the reading and digest it properly), but most of it is crisp logic that makes it almost hard to fathom how I accepted the idea of a god against my rational grain. His wit and sarcasm is exquisite.

"God is Not Great" is also a good one, but I must admit I did get bored more often during this one. Christopher Hitchens has absolutely stellar moments, but it sorta loses its punch in some parts. I think the audio book is a more enjoyable experience than actually reading this one (I've experienced it both ways). He is a lot more abrasive in his criticism, and I think I enjoyed him moreso after having read Dawkins.

The other book I would recommend in this line is the infamous "The End of Faith" by Sam Harris. His writing is refreshing because he's born and bred American unlike the above 2 brits. His thrust is to attack the moderate religious groups that give cover and make it taboo to criticize the fundamentalist wack-jobs who actually believe what's written in their holy books. Sam Harris is also quite refreshing to listen to his lectures. They're on youtube.

I enjoyed them in the order I gave my mini reviews. For the rationalist who is trying to find a way to articulate their doubts about an all-powerful space daddy, you can't go wrong with these guys.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Fri 12 Oct, 2007 03:51 pm
Setanta wrote:
Yes, Neo, whenever i consider your ludicrous claims about what is written in Genesis--hilarity ensues . . .
Well, the coffee is cold, anyhow.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 12 Oct, 2007 03:52 pm
S'OK, i was just gonna go make a cup . . . should i make two?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 12 Oct, 2007 04:15 pm
Naturlich, I got the initial post, though I didn't post. Does that mean I don't get it?

so, back in my days of school, I was accepting for months at a time of Acquinas' six proofs. (No, I don't want to hear them again.)

May the Yawn be upon you.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Fri 12 Oct, 2007 04:24 pm
Setanta wrote:
S'OK, i was just gonna go make a cup . . . should i make two?
Am I too late?
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Fri 12 Oct, 2007 04:35 pm
Wait a minute.

Al Gore won the Nobel Peace Prize.

Um. ... There is a God!!!

Er.. George Bush's head did not explode.

Now I am having doubts again.

Joe(or still)Nation

PS I've read or listened to all three of the books mentioned above. stlstrike3's review is on the money, or for you Brits, spot on.
An even briefer text by Mr. Harris is his Letter to a Christian Nation. It rips down the veil.
0 Replies

xingu

Reply Sun 14 Oct, 2007 10:41 am
bm
0 Replies