LOGICAL PROOFS THAT GOD EXISTS

Setanta

Reply Fri 5 Oct, 2007 01:06 pm
When i was in High School, i got Louise behind the bleachers in the gym at a sock hop, and i started feeling her up. She pushed me away and said:

"As god is my witness, you'll never get in my pants."

I never got into Louise' pants.

Therefore, god must certainly have been her witness.

Therefore, god must exist.

What proofs have you encountered in your life?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 4,559 • Replies: 73
No top replies

Letty

Reply Fri 5 Oct, 2007 01:15 pm
No proofs, Setanta, but I have thought a great deal lately about Tennyson's poem:

Sunset and evening star,
And one clear call for me!
And may there be no moaning of the bar,
When I put out to sea,

But such a tide as moving seems asleep,
Too full for sound and foam,
When that which drew from out the boundless deep
Turns again home.

Twilight and evening bell,
And after that the dark!
And may there be no sadness of farewell,
When I embark;

For tho' from out our bourne of Time and Place
The flood may bear me far,
I hope to see my Pilot face to face
When I have crossed the bar.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 5 Oct, 2007 01:24 pm
"Is hell exothermic or endothermic? Support your answer with proof."

Most of the students wrote proofs of their beliefs using Boyle's Law or some variant. One student, however, wrote the following:

"First, We postulate that if souls exist, then they must have some mass. If they do, then a mole of souls can also have a mass. So, at what rate are souls moving into hell and at what rate are souls leaving? I think we can safely assume that once a soul gets to hell, it will not leave.

Therefore, no souls are leaving. As for souls entering hell, let's look at the different religions that exist in the world today. Some of these religions state that if you are not a member of their religion, then you will go to hell. Since there are more than one of these religions and people do not belong to more than one religion, we can project that all people and souls go to hell. With birth and death rates as they are, we can expect the number of souls in hell to increase exponentially.

Now, we look at the rate of change in volume in hell. Boyle's Law states that in order for the temperature and pressure in hell to stay the same, the ratio of the mass of souls and volume needs to stay constant. Two options exist:

If hell is expanding at a slower rate than the rate at which souls enter hell, then the temperature and pressure in hell will increase until all hell breaks loose.
If hell is expanding at a rate faster than the increase of souls in hell, then the temperature and pressure will drop until hell freezes over.
So which is it? If we accept the quote given to me by Theresa Manyan during Freshman year, "that it will be a cold night in hell before I sleep with you" and take into account the fact that I still have NOT succeeded in having sexual relations with her, then Option 2 cannot be true...Thus, hell is exothermic."
0 Replies

roger

Reply Fri 5 Oct, 2007 01:44 pm
God exists because it says so in the Bible. You know that's true because the bible is the word of God.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 5 Oct, 2007 01:51 pm
Devastating, Roger . . . and unassailable . . .
0 Replies

jake123

Reply Fri 5 Oct, 2007 02:02 pm
Quote:
The argument goes something like this: "I refuse to prove that I exist," says God, "for proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing."
"But," says Man, "the Babel fish is a dead giveaway isn't it? It could not have evolved by chance. It proves you exist, and so therefore, by your own arguments, you don't. QED"
"Oh dear," says God, "I hadn't thought of that," and promptly vanishes in a puff of logic.
-Douglas Adams

Sorry, I love the works of Douglas Adams.
0 Replies

Hamal

Reply Fri 5 Oct, 2007 02:54 pm
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/210/502334501_1a83c5a76c_o.jpg

Still working on the big dog, but that Jesus sure flips a mean burger!
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 5 Oct, 2007 02:58 pm
More irrefutable proof . . . i knew this thread would yield results . . .
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 5 Oct, 2007 04:24 pm
Napoleon lay awake one night, listening to some of his boys dissing the notion of a god. Then he pointed at the sky and asked them who put all of those stars up there. uh-huh. Case closed.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Fri 5 Oct, 2007 04:34 pm
Why do we tend to ridicule,
That which we can't explain.
Why are we driven to shelter
When there is no wind nor rain.
There are those who flourish
In snow drifts,
Those who worship the sun
Those who look at the ocean
Only when day is done.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Fri 5 Oct, 2007 06:54 pm
All of the "proofs" I have seen of God's existence have logical flaws. Yet I still believe. Not from proofs, but from reasons.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Fri 5 Oct, 2007 09:40 pm
neologist wrote:
All of the "proofs" I have seen of God's existence have logical flaws. Yet I still believe. Not from proofs, but from reasons.

"Proofs", "Reasons", whatever (duh), if ya got 'em let's hear 'em.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sat 6 Oct, 2007 04:31 am
My uncle's second wife says she knew a guy who dated one of the twin sisters who worked in the office and she had told him that there weren't going to be any turkeys given away at Thanksgiving that year.

Well, there was another fellow with six kids and a mother-in-law and two of those kids was real sick, some kind of rickets my uncle said, anyway this guy said that there was no way they were going to make it without something extra coming their way.

Lo, and behold, that next Wednesday night, the company gave everybody a turkey and the feller said "There is a God."

So that was good enough for her.

Joe(What else could be more proof positive?)Nation
0 Replies

jake123

Reply Sat 6 Oct, 2007 05:53 am
The internet itself is proof of the existence of god.

God inspired the internet to grow and expand so that all my "friends" could forward chain emails containing inspirational stories which at the end promise miracles to me if I go ahead an forward them to at least seven people within the next ten minutes.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 8 Oct, 2007 05:13 am
Watching The Office, on TV the other night. One character, presumably speaking to the audience, said, "Of course there has to be a God. Otherwise, there would not be all those churches. And, who would be Jesus's father?"
0 Replies

baddog1

Reply Mon 8 Oct, 2007 07:53 am
Re: LOGICAL PROOFS THAT GOD EXISTS
Setanta wrote:
When i was in High School, i got Louise behind the bleachers in the gym at a sock hop, and i started feeling her up. She pushed me away and said:

"As god is my witness, you'll never get in my pants."

I never got into Louise' pants.

Therefore, god must certainly have been her witness.

Therefore, god must exist.

What proofs have you encountered in your life?

Unless this is a 'bait thread' Laughing , I assume that you're asking: 'What proofs of God's existence have you encountered in your life'?

Too many to include or even remember. A few quick ones would be: Witnessing the births of my children, realizing that anyone survived the destruction of the twin towers, realizing that my Mom loves me - even when I don't deserve it...
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Tue 9 Oct, 2007 08:30 pm
baddog1 wrote:
Unless this is a 'bait thread' . . .
From Set? Perish the thought!
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Tue 9 Oct, 2007 09:44 pm
baddog1 wrote:
Unless this is a 'bait thread' Laughing , I assume that you're asking: 'What proofs of God's existence have you encountered in your life'?

Too many to include or even remember. A few quick ones would be: Witnessing the births of my children, realizing that anyone survived the destruction of the twin towers, realizing that my Mom loves me - even when I don't deserve it...

You're kidding, right?
0 Replies

roger

Reply Tue 9 Oct, 2007 10:20 pm
No, rosborne, I've heard that in several forms; like, "How can anybody look at a newborn baby and not believe in God."

Somewhere around the 5th grade I was informed that man having one less rib than woman was proof. Many years later, I realized I had been conned again.
0 Replies

anton bonnier

Reply Wed 10 Oct, 2007 12:45 am
My dad said to me when I was a little one... " for Gods sake stop that crying, or God help me, you'll get another one" ... always missed out on the first and the bastard always helped him out on the second one.
0 Replies