What happens to us when we learn new stuff?

coberst

Reply Tue 2 Oct, 2007 04:20 pm
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 506 • Replies: 7
No top replies

contrex

Reply Wed 3 Oct, 2007 01:42 am
This is waaaaaayyyy cool! I learned that after you drop a kaleidoscope into a pot of stew, when you put it to your eye, (the kaleidoscope I mean!) you see lots of little bits of meat and carrots, and many many drops of gravy, more than you can count! What an amazing miracle!

By the way, what is a met-a-phor?
0 Replies

coberst

Reply Wed 3 Oct, 2007 02:17 am
contrex wrote:
This is waaaaaayyyy cool! I learned that after you drop a kaleidoscope into a pot of stew, when you put it to your eye, (the kaleidoscope I mean!) you see lots of little bits of meat and carrots, and many many drops of gravy, more than you can count! What an amazing miracle!

By the way, what is a met-a-phor?

Borrow a dictionary.
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Wed 3 Oct, 2007 03:49 am
Contrex, "met afore" is an ex girlfriend...
0 Replies

contrex

Reply Wed 3 Oct, 2007 05:29 am
I once saw an article in Le Monde about la cuisine anglaise, which explained what "le fameux gravy" was. They said it was "sauce tepide d'enfer"
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Fri 5 Oct, 2007 10:42 pm
Re: What happens to us when we learn new stuff?
coberst wrote:
Do you agree that Joe and Jane have little comprehension of the meaning of science?

Joe and Jane? Would that be MARY JANE by any chance? Jeez man, try some coffee for a while. Give the bong a rest.
0 Replies

coberst

Reply Sat 6 Oct, 2007 05:36 am
Re: What happens to us when we learn new stuff?
rosborne979 wrote:
coberst wrote:
Do you agree that Joe and Jane have little comprehension of the meaning of science?

Joe and Jane? Would that be MARY JANE by any chance? Jeez man, try some coffee for a while. Give the bong a rest.

I have given up the weed. I moved to the mountains 7 years ago and lost all my contacts and am afraid to try to find new ones.
0 Replies

OGIONIK

Reply Sat 6 Oct, 2007 06:49 am
I have some of the same ideas, i was thinking of science in , basically numerical terms, like 1+1 = 2 yadda yadda, then i realised that version wont ever hold up in real life. numbers, simply don't exist, they are observations made by us projected onto our universe.

You simply cant divide and label and segregate everything "neatly", there is always more to it.

what theory comes after string theory? what happens when we find an algorithm that is necessary for life to start? what happens when we can literally make any element out of say a few different types of matter and energy?

when we have mapped the entire universe and catergorized every molecule?
0 Replies