National Treasure

safinaz

Reply Sat 29 Sep, 2007 08:38 am
I watched National Treasure last night, it was really fantastic. My brother watched it months ago and I didn't have time to share it.. It is full of actions and doesn't make u wait for the "next step" I liked how Ben and Abigail have met, and the smart use of the historical facts. Riely was really funny in all his moves and expressions, he was also an example of the good guy , the good friend.. Ben's father was against chasing the treasure since he had spent 25 years looking for it in vain,,, but he was extremely happy when he was with his son in the most excited moment when they found the treasure....
Actually I think that Nicolas Cage's movies are great most of the time Wink
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,858 • Replies: 22
No top replies

happytaffy

Reply Tue 9 Oct, 2007 04:05 pm
NT2
Did u see the trailer for the National Treasure 2: Book of Secrets yet??

I really liked the first one too but the second one looks pretty awesome as well!

Trailer
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Wed 10 Oct, 2007 08:38 am
It was a real delight for people who are interested in early American history. I saw it at one of the saddest moments in my life (a few days before my mother died), and it absolutely transported me out of my real life situation for a couple of hours.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 11 Oct, 2007 09:19 am
It's a good film without trying to be anything more than it is, in the mold of Indiana Jones with some Da Vinci Code like elements thrown in. Actually, the production design is superior to Da Vince Code, which barely established any more atmosphere than a night out at the bowling alley. "National Treasure" is the only quality film Nicholas Cage has been involved in for years.
0 Replies

happytaffy

Reply Thu 11 Oct, 2007 12:30 pm
Yes the first one was definitely interesting especially if you enjoy the historic elements woven into the plot (which i do!!) The next one seems to revolve around a conspiracy based on the Lincoln assassination which sounds fascinating to me ... I am interested to see how the plot will play out... and fully expect it to be as entertaining as the first...
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 11 Oct, 2007 02:55 pm
It was a hair wire short of having an anti-climax in that the theft of the Declaration was really the high point of the movie. By the time they got to the treasure, I was thinking to myself, stop -- go back to the early scenes and learn from them. There was more than a bit of a clunkiness to the plot and dialogue in the last half-hour.
0 Replies

safinaz

Reply Thu 11 Oct, 2007 04:00 pm
Re: NT2
happytaffy wrote:
Did u see the trailer for the National Treasure 2: Book of Secrets yet??

I really liked the first one too but the second one looks pretty awesome as well!

Trailer

didn't see it yet !! but I will try to watch it as soon as I can Smile Thx for tellin me !!!
0 Replies

vinsan

Reply Fri 12 Oct, 2007 04:26 am
Lightwizard wrote:
"National Treasure" is the only quality film Nicholas Cage has been involved in for years.

True. I think he is a bit overrated actor.

I only liked him in Leaving Las vegas.
0 Replies

safinaz

Reply Fri 12 Oct, 2007 09:12 am
vinsan wrote:
Lightwizard wrote:
"National Treasure" is the only quality film Nicholas Cage has been involved in for years.

True. I think he is a bit overrated actor.

I only liked him in Leaving Las vegas.

I know many ppl who like "city of angels" and some consider it as a favourite one and see Nicholas Cage as a great actor in it.. I don't like that movie anyway !! lol I found nothing interesting in it Very Happy
0 Replies

happytaffy

Reply Fri 12 Oct, 2007 09:46 am
I don't think every movie every actor is great .. they have the good and the bad .. People tend to focus on the ones they don't like for some reason but Nicholas Cage has been in soooo many movies and they are NOT all the same.. He has been in everything from Raising Arizona to Lord of War to Matchstick Men to Gone in 60 Seconds to Face Off to the The Rock to... the list can go on forever..

I enjoyed National Treasure for what it was and was entertained by it and am glad that it was successful enough for them to come out with a second one... plus this one has other talented actors such as Helen Mirren, Harvey Keitel, Helen Mirren, Ed Harris, Helen Mirren................
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Fri 12 Oct, 2007 09:47 am
When "City of Angels" was first announced I had wondered if the movie musical was coming back. Could it be Cage (James Naughton won a Tony doing it) in the leading role of the Broadway musical parody of film noir screen writing and Hollywood studio comic machinations was coming to the screen? No, we got a sappy, glossed up adaptation of a Wim Wenders fable which became so sugary sweet that theater managers had to use fly spray between showings.

I don't think Cage is a bad actor but I would have fired my manager long ago for getting him stuck in pot-boiler, dead-out-of-the-gate, movies where the script has to take most of the blame.
0 Replies

YellowRosebud

Reply Fri 12 Oct, 2007 03:12 pm
I'm not a Nicholas Cage fan. There's just something about him that bothers me. But I did enjoy National Treasure and I'm excited for the 2nd one to come out! I saw the trailer at the theater not long ago and it looks great! I will definitely see it.
0 Replies

happytaffy

Reply Tue 16 Oct, 2007 03:15 pm
contest
So I just saw that they have the official page up and its pretty awesome

and as a promotion they have "the world's largest treasure hunt" with some pretty nice prizes such as 200,000.. a Mercedes-Benz.. etc..

personally I would like all of the above..

Official National Treasure Page
0 Replies

safinaz

Reply Wed 17 Oct, 2007 02:41 pm
Lightwizard wrote:

I don't think Cage is a bad actor but I would have fired my manager long ago for getting him stuck in pot-boiler, dead-out-of-the-gate, movies where the script has to take most of the blame.

Right!
0 Replies

happytaffy

Reply Mon 22 Oct, 2007 01:57 pm
I think every actor has made some questionable choices.. They are only actors so they can't completely control what will happen to a movie.. Yes he has made some bad AND good choices..
I would count National Treasure as one of his GOOD choices.. i really enjoyed it and I'm really glad he decided to make a second one!
0 Replies

DixiePup

Reply Tue 30 Oct, 2007 10:09 am
Hello everyone. I too like National Treasure and can't wait to see the 2nd film. Cage isn't a bad actor. I agree with you all when you said its all about the choices in films. Ghost Rider for example was the worst acting I saw him do in a while. Maybe because him and Eva Mendes didn't have any chemistry. The whole National Treasure cast act as though they've known eachother for years.
0 Replies

happytaffy

Reply Tue 30 Oct, 2007 02:43 pm
I agree. I really enjoyed the chemistry between Cage and Justin Bartha (he plays the funny sidekick.) Outside of the interesting plot I felt like their interactions made the movie even more fun to watch ... It kept me entertained throughout the first film and I'm sure it will carry into the second..
0 Replies

happytaffy

Reply Fri 9 Nov, 2007 02:02 pm
Trailer #2
OO the newest trailer just came out and it gives an even better look at the movie:

National Treasure: Book of Secrets Trailer #2
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Fri 9 Nov, 2007 02:18 pm
Thanks! Very Happy
0 Replies

happytaffy

Reply Tue 20 Nov, 2007 02:47 pm
Movie web has some behind the scenes videos from the movie.. My favorite one focuses on the missing 18 pages and how it is an actual "conspiracy theory" .. I enjoy the history behind the movie plot:

Missing 18 Pages
0 Replies