roger

Reply Fri 29 Nov, 2002 12:11 am
No way, Mikey. I've taught 'em to lick their paws and then wipe their faces with the wet paw. Way cheaper.
0 Replies

margo

Reply Fri 29 Nov, 2002 12:38 pm
Roger
don't you teach them to wash their hands before eating!?
I wanna see them line up, too!

I can't even get a one-cat lineup. I just do as I'm told Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 29 Nov, 2002 10:09 pm
Oh dear gawd. I cook my cat beef, chop it into little pieces and mix it with kitten food (the cat's 8 years old). Sometimes I cook him fish and sometimes chicken, but he seems to like beef best.
0 Replies

bandylu2

Reply Fri 29 Nov, 2002 10:13 pm
The cat's got good taste, littlek.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 29 Nov, 2002 10:18 pm
Aye and bad health. I wouldn't do it, but he's diabetic....
0 Replies

bandylu2

Reply Fri 29 Nov, 2002 10:20 pm
Yeah, yeah, yeah. You would, too, cause it's your job (as far as cat's concerned).
0 Replies

roger

Reply Fri 29 Nov, 2002 10:21 pm
Well, guess what? Little Lucifer (I mean Leto of course) is currently enjoying a nice dish of plain yogurt. His physician suggested this as a means of his antibiotic killing off the intestinal bacteria.
0 Replies

bandylu2

Reply Fri 29 Nov, 2002 10:23 pm
'His physician'???? Talk about your spoiled cat. My dog just gets a plain old vet.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 29 Nov, 2002 10:23 pm
lucky lucifer!
0 Replies

roger

Reply Fri 29 Nov, 2002 10:25 pm
I'm dreading the day he decides he needs to visit an analyst.
0 Replies

bandylu2

Reply Fri 29 Nov, 2002 10:26 pm
Call him Lucifer and I'd guess that moment might be coming pretty quickly.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Fri 29 Nov, 2002 10:27 pm
I never say it out loud.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 29 Nov, 2002 10:32 pm
My sister has brought her dog to a doggie therapist. She (the dog) is now on anti-anxiety pills....
0 Replies

bandylu2

Reply Sat 30 Nov, 2002 08:43 pm
I love my dog totally and she is a bit of a nut (though less now than when a little younger) but I just can not ever, ever see myself taking the pooch to a shrink. Just a personal thing, mind you. I have seen programs on the telly about neurotic doggies who have been helped with anti-depressants and the like -- just can't see me doing it.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 30 Nov, 2002 09:51 pm
Me neither, bandylu!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 1 Dec, 2002 10:18 am
I think I'd rather spend the time with my dogs and make sure they're getting the love and attention they need so they don't need to be anxious.

Bailey and Cleo were both rescued, and had 'issues' when i got them. It's been a lot of work, but i'd rather do that then consider meds. Lots of love and daily walks and time together is the key i think. We have one long walk together each day - if we miss a day, there is a real change in their behaviour almost immediately.
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Sun 1 Dec, 2002 10:46 am
My dogs are incredibly spoiled though I rarely give them scraps or cook for them. They adore their food and I know it is good for them. Chows have delicate tummies. They split a large can of either beef or chicken Pedigreed and get a varying amount of their low-residue vet-supplied kibble immediately after, then again in the afternoon, except for starve days. Their boxes of "cookies" costs $5 each, but my last dog died from a digestive ailment, so I'm very, very careful about what they get.

This morning while it was still dark, Penny the red chow decided she wanted to take her black bear toy outside. Now this is a large stuffed animal which she carries all around the house and has for months. She looks hilarious holding it, since it is so big... a real mouthful. She wanted to take it outside. I asked her not to, but she wiggled and was so cute that I let her, thinking, I'll look for it later -- at least it is not raining.

A bit later I heard a bark at the door and in came her sister Poppy, followed by Penny, still wiggling and still holding the big black bear. She was so excited that she marched around the house once, then took it upstairs where it is probably on the bed. I think she's adorable.

An hour or two later and the black bear has been deposited in front of my door and Poppy's large brown bear is nearby. A large box of toys, all the food they can eat, rides in the car to special wonderful walks. More vetting than most children. Yes, they are spoiled, and so am I.
0 Replies

donnahussey

Reply Mon 21 Sep, 2009 06:17 pm
@bandylu2,
My cat Maddie has her own house. I don't mean a kitty house, a real house. We just moved to another house a mile from our old one. She won't let us catch her, so she lives there by herself now and we visit everyday to take care of her neccesities.
roger

Reply Mon 21 Sep, 2009 06:32 pm
@donnahussey,
A house complete with servants is spoiled? Not from a cat's point of view.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 21 Sep, 2009 06:55 pm
@donnahussey,
Quote:
My cat Maddie has her own house. I don't mean a kitty house, a real house. We just moved to another house a mile from our old one. She won't let us catch her, so she lives there by herself now and we visit everyday to take care of her neccesities.

I wonder what'll happen when new owners move into your old house?
On the credit side, you could have moved interstate!