ehBeth

Reply Wed 27 Nov, 2002 07:06 pm
If we're the pets, who's cooking special meals to tempt our appetite on the days we're less than frisky?
0 Replies

Peace and Love

Reply Wed 27 Nov, 2002 07:17 pm
My Border Collie, Jack, spoils me!! And, he plays fetch with me, too. Every morning I sit on the edge of the bed, putting on my shoes. He stands on the bed with his racketball. He drops the racketball on the floor, right in front of me. I'm watching the morning news on the TV, not really thinking about Jack and his racketball. Without thinking, I automatically reach down and put the racketball back on the bed. After a few times, I realize that he's playing fetch!! I start laughing when I realize what he's doing, and he wags his tail. I've often wondered what else he has me doing, when I'm busy thinking about something else!!

Very Happy
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Wed 27 Nov, 2002 08:35 pm
When I feel sad both Bean and Carlotta pay special attention to me. I like soft furry hugs.
0 Replies

bandylu2

Reply Thu 28 Nov, 2002 08:52 pm
P&L, I believe it's the dogs who have trained us. I, too, find myself fetching more often than Jenny. She'll just give me the 'look' and I'll go get the bone or the ball or whatever and bring it to her. And I don't even get a treat for doing so!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 28 Nov, 2002 09:16 pm
Pacco is not spoiled, no way. Actually, I worry about his weight and teeth and don't give him extra goodies, or rarely, as in every two weeks or so. He needs to be slim as he has a long body and could easily develop back trouble. He does now own the sofa, the nice green sofa with the grey grungy doggy quilt comforter on it...which wasn't previously a doggy comforter. I have to bump him aside to perch there myself from time to time, the better to give dog tickles. Not spoiled, we spoil each other with our company: I am his task, and he is my pal, symbiotic really.
Last holiday season I got him a silly toy with a squeek thing in it. Might do that again....

He is not very fetch oriented. Lucky, since I am not very throw oriented.

The smile king, what he demands is eye contact. Gets it, too.
0 Replies

bandylu2

Reply Thu 28 Nov, 2002 09:21 pm
Jenny has a huge store of toys, most of which sit between the hearth and the tv set and most of which she rarely plays with. However, she knows that Christmas is coming and she apparently heard me suggesting to hubby that she had enough toys and never plays with most of them and therefore there really isn't any need to get her new ones this year. As a result, she has begun taking one toy after another out of the storage spot, playing with it directly in front of us for a brief period of time and then moving on to the next one. She will not be denied a new toy for Christmas!
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Thu 28 Nov, 2002 09:29 pm
A close-of-day ritual here is a bowl of milk for the puppies. Each has its own bowl, and own "milk spot". The distribution is in pack order, each dog waits by its assigned spot as the others are served and even the newest, the 4-month old cocker, has figured out where he belongs, that he gets served last of six, and that he must be sitting to receive the milk. Next stop is bed. The house humans use the milk-drinking interval to secure siufficient matress space and blanket before the arrival of the warming crew.

timber
0 Replies

roger

Reply Thu 28 Nov, 2002 09:31 pm
Way cool, Timber. I'll start teaching the cats to line up and wait.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Thu 28 Nov, 2002 09:32 pm
A close-of-day ritual here is a bowl of milk for the puppies. Each has its own bowl, and own "milk spot". The distribution is in pack order, each dog waits by its assigned spot as the others are served and even the newest, the 4-month old cocker, has figured out where he belongs, that he gets served last of six, and that he must be sitting to receive the milk. Next stop is bed. The house humans use the milk-drinking interval to secure siufficient matress space and blanket before the arrival of the warming crew.

timber
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 28 Nov, 2002 09:34 pm
Well, tonight the doggies have had: most of my bologna and cheese sandwich, Ryevita crackers, a good deal of the roast chicken with wild rice which eBeth made for my T-day dinner, corn pops cereal (we eat this as snack food), a good deal of eBeths smoked ham & aged cheddar sandwich, and Jewish deli rye bread (a whole slice each!)--spoiled? naw . . . .
0 Replies

mckenzie

Reply Thu 28 Nov, 2002 10:04 pm
Maxie's notl spoiled. No table scraps for that little fellow ...

It's cooked specifically for him! He doesn't like dry food, don't 'cha know, so it has to be doctored!

We'll buy a tray of boneless, skinless chicken thighs, bake 'em with no seasoning and freeze individually. A roast, like a cross rib, for example, thrown in the crockpot with no seasoning. When it's done, cut up into tiny bits and frozen in small portions. The beef juice is frozen in ice cube trays, to be used to moisten his food.
0 Replies

mckenzie

Reply Thu 28 Nov, 2002 10:07 pm
timber, all six on the bed?
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Thu 28 Nov, 2002 10:27 pm
mckenzie wrote:
timber, all six on the bed?

Usually just two or three at any one time. Big Sam is always there, at my feet, a spot he's claimed since his puppy days almost 9 years ago. Pebbles is often at the other side of the bed, down by mommy's feet. Frank often snuggles between mommy and I. Oscar will sometimes snuggle up against Frank, if there's room. Bits refuses to share the bed; she growls at any dog that tries to get on it if she is there, and leaves with a disgusted snort if a human gets in. The puppy, Louie, wanders around the whole bed (frequently earning himself a canine reprimand and reminder of his social status), but seems to be taking a liking to a spot up at the head of the bed between mommy and me. Oh, the bed is a "California King", over 7' Square.

timber
0 Replies

bandylu2

Reply Thu 28 Nov, 2002 10:31 pm
Bless you, timber. We have a king bed also and I can't imagine sharing it with one doggy let alone 2, 3 or more.
0 Replies

mckenzie

Reply Thu 28 Nov, 2002 11:05 pm
What a picture, timber! Love it.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Thu 28 Nov, 2002 11:16 pm
So, ah, you actually describe temperatures in terms of the number of dogs it takes to keep warm? Like Three Dog Night?
0 Replies

mikey

Reply Thu 28 Nov, 2002 11:31 pm
I guess I need to retrain these clowns Timber.
Were the cats lined up for dinner tonight Roger?
0 Replies

roger

Reply Thu 28 Nov, 2002 11:37 pm
Well, not exactly Mikey, but I did get them trained to wash their faces after eating.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Thu 28 Nov, 2002 11:44 pm
roger wrote:
So, ah, you actually describe temperatures in terms of the number of dogs it takes to keep warm?

You bet, roger ... this is The Northwoods, after all. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

timber
0 Replies

mikey

Reply Thu 28 Nov, 2002 11:46 pm
What's your secret Roger? I bet I know, those pre-packaged handy wipe things.
0 Replies