What BOOK are you reading right now?

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 20 Dec, 2004 06:49 pm
un, I saw Leonardo's Last Supper some years ago when I visited Milano, and even took several pictures of it. When I saw it, it was on the 25th year of 'renovation,' but I don't remember anything about the original having a woman in the scene. After looking at the photo I took, the person on the right of Jesus does look like a woman. I'll post the picture in a bit. c.i.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 20 Dec, 2004 06:58 pm
Here's the picture of the Last Supper by Leonardo.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v97/imposter222/lastsupper600.jpg
0 Replies

unluckyinlove

Reply Mon 20 Dec, 2004 07:10 pm
too wierd...
There are alot of things in the davinci code that did make sense. I take that book as a learning experience though- and not to heart- same goes with the bible.
It seems to me that alot of stories were exaggerated and they may have come from fact. Now don't get me started on the "Virgin Mary". :wink:
0 Replies

peakdistrict

Reply Tue 28 Dec, 2004 11:43 am
Re: What BOOK are you reading right now?
littlek wrote:
I'm reading Three Men in a Boat by Jerome K. Jerome. I don't know how well known it is. First published in 1889, it's incredibly relevant in today's world. And VERY funny.

And afterwards, you must read 'Three Men on the Bummel'........by the same author.

Not too many folk know that Jerome got his middle name of Klapka because his father was very friendly with a retired Hungarian general of that name. Jerome Sr. thought that there might be a legacy in the offing - there wasn't.................
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 28 Dec, 2004 05:04 pm
Klapka -great name.

Welcome to a2k, peakdistrict. I still have not read three men in a bummel. I will someday!

This holiday vacation (I had almost a whole week on cape cod at my parents') I finished the second book of the series of unfortunate events, then read the third. After these, I broke into my mother's book rack and read 2 Tony Hillerman novels.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 28 Dec, 2004 07:00 pm
gawd, Im re-reading WIND IN THE WILLOWS. It was a gift thatt was asked for (by me) based on an illustration tthread that setaanta hijacked and posted some really great Victorian Illustrations. However the book has reached my tired old self at a bunch of levels. Everybody has time to make toast and jam.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Tue 28 Dec, 2004 07:03 pm
I got "The Five People You Meet in Heaven" from my daughter for Christmas. Plan on turning in early tonight, slip into my new flannel PJ's and curl up to read. Not a luxury I get very often.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 28 Dec, 2004 07:03 pm
wow, I dunno if I even read that as a kid.....
0 Replies

NeoGuin

Reply Wed 29 Dec, 2004 07:19 am
Started Wellstone's book.

Now I need to plan my next move.
0 Replies

BillE

Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2004 01:57 pm
I'm reading a book called JOHN 1:12. It's about spiritual warfare
that took place in Dallas Texas. It's a great inspirational book and
an extremely good read!
0 Replies

NeoGuin

Reply Mon 3 Jan, 2005 07:55 am
Finished Wellstone's book and thus completed my "Book a Month" project.

Now on to "How To Write and Sell Your First Novel".

(Yes I think I have a book in me!)
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Mon 3 Jan, 2005 11:01 am
"The Honored Guest", a collection of stories by Joy Williams. She is a writer worth taking a chance on!
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Mon 3 Jan, 2005 11:51 am
Just finished Digital Fortress. Not that good, but strangely compelling. At the end I was very frustrated since *I* knew what the password was... the characters seemed to be ignoring the obvious. Grrrrrrrrr.
0 Replies

Clary

Reply Tue 4 Jan, 2005 10:46 am
Reading 'Hypnotherapy: a practical handbook'
0 Replies

ZeIcebird

Reply Tue 4 Jan, 2005 01:40 pm
Just finished off "The 4th Rule". Got no idea what to choose next, maybe "Holy Blood Holy Grail".
0 Replies

bermbits

Reply Wed 5 Jan, 2005 07:49 pm
Finished Clancy's "Teeth of the Tiger" - very disappointing! (Good for a first-novelist's efforts, however.)

Just started DeMille's "Night Fall"! So far, an intriguing read fictionally examining the 1996 downing of TWA Flight 800 - was it as "officially determined" or was it shot down?

No spoilers, please...
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 5 Jan, 2005 11:35 pm
Simon winchesters Krakatoa. Thhis guys turning into a good writer
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Wed 5 Jan, 2005 11:38 pm
Just polished off "The Known World", by Edward P. Jones.

While it was well-written, I certainly didn't think it deserved to win the Pulitzer Prize.

Maybe this is a slow year.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 5 Jan, 2005 11:50 pm
I'm two-thirds through "Dreaming Water" by Gail Tsukiyama about a mother and her daughter who is diagnosed with Werner's syndrome, a disease that ages people prematurely. This is my third Gail Tsukiyama book, because she's such a prolific writer with sensitivity and clearn, simple prose. I highly recommend this to anybody that enjoys reading good writing that introduces us to characters that seem to live next door.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Wed 5 Jan, 2005 11:53 pm
Send me your copy when you're done, CI.
0 Replies