dlowan

Reply Thu 1 Oct, 2009 07:54 am
@Gala,
TONGUE!!!

From tongue may the angels of gd protect me!
dlowan

Reply Thu 1 Oct, 2009 07:55 am
@Roberta,
Roberta wrote:

dlowan wrote:

Roberta wrote:

dlowan wrote:

It's always a good sign when she kvetches.

How can you tell? I kvetch when everything is fine. I kvetch when everything stinks.

Sure...I just worry when you don't kvetch.

That makes sense. You know me too well, querida.

To know is to love, bubbeleh.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 1 Oct, 2009 07:55 am
ehBeth wrote:

A kvetch-less Roberta is like ....

a seedless bagel ...

You can say that again.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Thu 1 Oct, 2009 10:28 am
@Gala,
Gala wrote:

Quote:
Now onto Gala and the seeds being the best part. Ich hubza in drerd with the best part. Nothing personal. It's just that no matter what I chose not to eat when I was a child, THAT was the steenkin' best part. Didn't want the potato skin on a baked potato. The best part. Didn't want the walnuts in a brownie. The best part. NOT. The chocolate surrounding the walnuts is the best part. I'm surprised she didn't try to get me to eat banana skin and orange peel.

Nothing personal? From you, it's a mitzvah.

My yiddisha mama was pretty lucky when it came to feeding her children-- we liked the seeds, the nuts, the brisket-- she put it in front of us we ate it. The one exception was tongue, which really has to be one of the most farshtinkener food products on the planet.

I love tongue. Crave tongue. Went schlepping around to look for a pickled tongue to make. Found one. $44. Fuhgedaboutit. Mumzahs.
hamburgboy

Reply Thu 1 Oct, 2009 12:13 pm
@Gala,
gala wrote :

Quote:
The one exception was tongue, which really has to be one of the most farshtinkener food products on the planet.

WHAT ? NO TONGUE ?
don't tell me you don't like like a sweet-and-sour beef tongue ...
or some cold , sliced tongue on on rye ?
with horseradish on the side ...

http://www.schleissheimforum.de/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/freisinger_hof_dinnerscout1.jpg
Gala

Reply Thu 1 Oct, 2009 03:07 pm
@hamburgboy,
Boychik, you want I should make some reservations for Chinese, Christmas day? See if they'll prepare some sweet and sour beef tongue just for you? After we nosh, we can go to a movie.
0 Replies

Gala

Reply Thu 1 Oct, 2009 03:12 pm
@Roberta,
Quote:
I love tongue. Crave tongue. Went schlepping around to look for a pickled tongue to make. Found one. $44. Fuhgedaboutit. Mumzahs.

Forty-four dollars for tongue. Who sold it to you? Shlomo? Gloib mir, that goniff.
0 Replies

Gala

Reply Thu 1 Oct, 2009 03:15 pm
@dlowan,
Quote:
From tongue may the angels of gd protect me!

Dollink, for such an observation-- some extra tsimmes for you.
ossobuco

Reply Thu 1 Oct, 2009 03:30 pm
@Gala,
Mmmm, m'mother (what is that in hebonic? I don't really know what it is in colloquial irish-am) used to cook tongue with a raisin syrup sauce. I liked it, except for the baddy fatty parts.
Memory of Campo dei Fiori in Rome, the stall with all the hanging beef tongues.
I have a photo somewhere...
0 Replies

margo

Reply Thu 1 Oct, 2009 07:43 pm
@Roberta,
Quote:
YOU CAN'T PUT CORNED BEEF ON WHOLE WHEAT, ALTHOUGH THAT'S BETTER THAN (GOD FORBID) white bread.

Who knew there were so many rules about what you can eat?! Sheesh! No wonder people go to Maccas!
Roberta

Reply Thu 1 Oct, 2009 10:12 pm
@margo,
margo wrote:

Quote:
YOU CAN'T PUT CORNED BEEF ON WHOLE WHEAT, ALTHOUGH THAT'S BETTER THAN (GOD FORBID) white bread.

Who knew there were so many rules about what you can eat?! Sheesh! No wonder people go to Maccas!

I knew, and what's Maccas?
dlowan

Reply Thu 1 Oct, 2009 11:08 pm
@Roberta,
Quote:
what's Maccas?

McDonalds

If that's how you spell it.

The hamburger place.

Golden breasts sign and all.
Roberta

Reply Thu 1 Oct, 2009 11:25 pm
@dlowan,
dlowan wrote:

Quote:
what's Maccas?

McDonalds

If that's how you spell it.

The hamburger place.

Golden breasts sign and all.

Get ready. Here it comes. Hold on, you shouldn't get a rupture.

I've never eaten at McDonald's.

Mr. Green
roger

Reply Thu 1 Oct, 2009 11:37 pm
@Roberta,
They don't know about McDonalds in the Bronx? Is it like Siberria?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 2 Oct, 2009 12:03 am
@Roberta,
Ditto.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Fri 2 Oct, 2009 02:10 am
Roger, I don't know what they know in the Bronx. I haven't been there for years. We have McDonald's in Manhattan. However, when I want a hamburger, I go to a place that makes big, juicy, beefy burgers with all kinds of wonderful fixings. There are many of these in Noo Yawk, Noo Yawk.

I was accused as a child of being a picky eater (in addition to not eating the best parts). Maybe my mother was right. There's a first time for everything.
Region Philbis

Reply Fri 2 Oct, 2009 12:59 pm

it's pronounced 'madonnas' by some folks.
oy, but i digress...
0 Replies

Gala

Reply Mon 5 Oct, 2009 06:56 am
@Roberta,
Quote:
I wish I could say that. My first job--ever-- was at a McDonalds.

How are you feeling today?
Roberta

Reply Mon 5 Oct, 2009 04:59 pm
@Gala,
Gala wrote:

Quote:
I wish I could say that. My first job--ever-- was at a McDonalds.

How are you feeling today?

At best, I'm eh. Today, spent and exhausted. Also having asthma problems. It's always something--at least with me.

You worked at McDonald's. Feh (no offense). My mother always told me to never eat a hamburger in a restaurant. God only knows what's in it. I didn't listen. But I eschew fast food burgers. God only know what they put in those things. And it really doesn't matter. My experience with Burger King suggests that whatever it is ain't that good.
ossobuco

Reply Mon 5 Oct, 2009 05:08 pm
@Roberta,
Roger is a very picky burger eater. Me too, but with different standards... I know Manhattan has some great burgers - see Robert's burger thread for links.

<runs away>
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Hebonics
  3. » Page 40
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.05 seconds on 04/24/2024 at 04:53:02