Roberta

Reply Wed 30 Sep, 2009 04:11 am
debbele, Who's got breath for trumpets? I'm happy to be breathing (more or less) in both directions. I have a kind of voice. Not entirely audible, not entirely not. It's an effort to talk.

Yes, I went out with a friend. Mostly I schlepp back and forth to the hospital. Once in a while I'm social.

jes, Yes, further discussion revealed that the seeds were the problem. Hey, there's such a thing as seedless rye.

YOU CAN'T PUT CORNED BEEF ON WHOLE WHEAT, ALTHOUGH THAT'S BETTER THAN (GOD FORBID) white bread.

dlowan

Reply Wed 30 Sep, 2009 04:54 am
@Roberta,
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

Gala

Reply Wed 30 Sep, 2009 05:30 am
@Roberta,
Corned beef on whole wheat? Feh.

How are you feeling? I've been away for a while and have just seen this post as well as trying to navigate the new able2know.
Roberta

Reply Wed 30 Sep, 2009 05:37 am
@Gala,
In keeping with this hebonics thread, I'll answer by saying, How should I be? Going into the hospital on Sunday. Oy. The doctor better not get the hiccups. And no sneezing.

Doctors these days are very young. This person is a doctor? She doesn't look old enough to vote.
Gala

Reply Wed 30 Sep, 2009 05:55 am
@Roberta,
I agree, the doctors, those pishers, look like they're still in high school. Who knew.

0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 30 Sep, 2009 07:18 am
@Roberta,
That's Monday by me.

No sneezing?

No wavering of the hands of these babies there should be.
0 Replies

Gala

Reply Wed 30 Sep, 2009 07:26 am
@Roberta,
Quote:
jes, Yes, further discussion revealed that the seeds were the problem. Hey, there's such a thing as seedless rye

Nu? What's not to like about a seeded rye?
Roberta

Reply Wed 30 Sep, 2009 01:34 pm
@Gala,
Gala wrote:

Quote:
jes, Yes, further discussion revealed that the seeds were the problem. Hey, there's such a thing as seedless rye

Nu? What's not to like about a seeded rye?

The seeds, bubbele, the seeds.
ehBeth

Reply Wed 30 Sep, 2009 02:09 pm
@Roberta,
Corned beef on white is, I think, the Irish way.

I'll have mine on dark rye, seedless. I do want the rye toasted though. I know. It's disgusting, but I love the kind of chocolate-y thing that happens to dark rye when it's toasted.
Gala

Reply Wed 30 Sep, 2009 03:03 pm
@Roberta,
Quote:
The seeds, bubbele, the seeds.

Oy Goytenu, the seeds are the best part.

0 Replies

Gala

Reply Wed 30 Sep, 2009 03:09 pm
@ehBeth,
Quote:
I'll have mine on dark rye, seedless. I do want the rye toasted though. I know. It's disgusting, but I love the kind of chocolate-y thing that happens to dark rye when it's toasted

Disgusting-shmusting, enjoy your toasted pumpernickel mit the corned beef. Enough already with it being disgusting.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Wed 30 Sep, 2009 03:48 pm
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:

Corned beef on white is, I think, the Irish way.

I'll have mine on dark rye, seedless. I do want the rye toasted though. I know. It's disgusting, but I love the kind of chocolate-y thing that happens to dark rye when it's toasted.

The Irish should live and be well. Just don't order this in a KOSHER deli.

Dark rye, pumpernickel, I can deal with. I applaud. Looking only slightly aghast at the toasted part. Zie gezundt, bethele. You can eat what you want in the privacy of your own home.

Now onto Gala and the seeds being the best part. Ich hubza in drerd with the best part. Nothing personal. It's just that no matter what I chose not to eat when I was a child, THAT was the steenkin' best part. Didn't want the potato skin on a baked potato. The best part. Didn't want the walnuts in a brownie. The best part. NOT. The chocolate surrounding the walnuts is the best part. I'm surprised she didn't try to get me to eat banana skin and orange peel.

Okay. I'm calm now. Had to get that out of my system. A mechiah.
ehBeth

Reply Wed 30 Sep, 2009 03:57 pm
@Roberta,
having toasted dark rye with fresh cream cheese and honey right now

it is to die for - better than the best cake - better!
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 30 Sep, 2009 04:07 pm
@Roberta,
Now, there is a post worth 20 new signature lines.
dlowan

Reply Wed 30 Sep, 2009 04:52 pm
@roger,
It's always a good sign when she kvetches.
Roberta

Reply Wed 30 Sep, 2009 05:57 pm
@dlowan,
dlowan wrote:

How can you tell? I kvetch when everything is fine. I kvetch when everything stinks.
dlowan

Reply Wed 30 Sep, 2009 06:03 pm
@Roberta,
Roberta wrote:

dlowan wrote:

How can you tell? I kvetch when everything is fine. I kvetch when everything stinks.

Sure...I just worry when you don't kvetch.

Roberta

Reply Thu 1 Oct, 2009 03:10 am
@dlowan,
dlowan wrote:

Roberta wrote:

dlowan wrote:

Sure...I just worry when you don't kvetch.

That makes sense. You know me too well, querida.
ehBeth

Reply Thu 1 Oct, 2009 06:56 am
@Roberta,
A kvetch-less Roberta is like ....

a seedless bagel ...
0 Replies

Gala

Reply Thu 1 Oct, 2009 07:11 am
@Roberta,
Quote:
Now onto Gala and the seeds being the best part. Ich hubza in drerd with the best part. Nothing personal. It's just that no matter what I chose not to eat when I was a child, THAT was the steenkin' best part. Didn't want the potato skin on a baked potato. The best part. Didn't want the walnuts in a brownie. The best part. NOT. The chocolate surrounding the walnuts is the best part. I'm surprised she didn't try to get me to eat banana skin and orange peel.

Nothing personal? From you, it's a mitzvah.

My yiddisha mama was pretty lucky when it came to feeding her children-- we liked the seeds, the nuts, the brisket-- she put it in front of us we ate it. The one exception was tongue, which really has to be one of the most farshtinkener food products on the planet.

1. Forums
  2. » Hebonics
  3. » Page 39
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 02:11:42