Swedish women fight for right to bare breasts

Setanta

Reply Sun 23 Sep, 2007 02:52 pm
This thread is just absotively high-larious.

There is one absolutely obscene sight i've seen more than once on the boardwalk next to Lake Ontario. There's this middle age guy, flabby gut, flacid biceps, skinny legs, and an 80s big-hair disco hairdo, who walks repeatedly up and down the boardwalk, wearing only a pair of blue running shorts and a pair of running shoes, and stares intently at all the women. Never smiles, wears 70s wrap-around, mirror shades, has an embarrasingly scraggly moustache.

Most disgusting thing i've seen in a month of Sundays. That guy should not be allowed to go topless. In fact, he probably shouldn't be allowed out in public period, no matter how he were dressed.

That's the only obscene topless thing i've ever seen.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 23 Sep, 2007 02:54 pm
ossobuco wrote:
Thinking fondly of Fellini's Amarcord... and Malena, whoever wrote/directed that.

edit - Giuseppe Tornatore & Luciano Vincenzoni
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sun 23 Sep, 2007 03:12 pm
Wait a minute. Breasts are not sex organs?, um... duh.

Somebody needs to tell to the folks over at Victoria's Secret because they seem to have spent an inordinate amount of time and effort promoting that idea.

Not only that but more than several of the females I have known have utilized their breasts for purposes other than feeding infants.

Joe(Hey, don't aim those 38's at me!)Nation
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Sun 23 Sep, 2007 03:13 pm
happycat wrote:
Two girls try to get attention on a beach and you all take up their cause like it was some sort of right they are being denied.

lmao!

I don't want my son titillated (pun intended) in public by Pamela Anderson wannabes, nor do I want him freaked out in public by old saggy naked grandmother boobs..... nor do I want him to see his friend Josh's mom topless at the community pool.

Yeah, call me prudish. Rolling Eyes

And if you want to go as far as nude beaches, I don't want some guy (young or old) dangling his dick in front my face while I'm sipping a frozen margarita and trying to watch the waves.
Although, if he's good-looking and hung well, I'll consider letting him do it in private.

Happy Cat....you have a dirty mind.

I don't know that these 2 girls where trying to get attention, and you don't either. You may say you know that, but that's just because you'd like you think they have their mind in the gutter, like you.

That's why you say you think people who are saying otherwise about this are lying, because you think others have some perverse view of the human body.

On nude beaches, and clothing optional places, men do not "dangle their dicks in your face" If they did, that would be cause for complaint. Not wearing clothes not not equate to sexual advances.

God, you make it sound so nasty and dirty, it's embarrassing.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 23 Sep, 2007 03:41 pm
If I'm the only one for whom the female breasts are a sex organ, I need to hurry up and clone myself, get that dna code into replication.

Reminds me of the most traditional catholic church, sex being only for procreation. Dreary days.

Otherwise, I too see happycat's views as on the tense side, but that is her perogative (except for calling others liars, but, hey, that was in a moment of hyperbole.)
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Sun 23 Sep, 2007 04:40 pm
osso, I definately see womens breasts are being sexy, but, you do not need breast to have sex or reproduce.

Breasts are not necessary for sex, or reproduction, period.

Alluring? Sure. Sexual? Yes....but they are not a primary sex organ....just taking a quick look, they are considered secondary sex organ, or more acurately I think, a secondary sex characteristic, the same as the broadening of the pelvis, or the generally higher voice of a female.

What I feel happy cat is implying is that if some are not alarmed at the sight of a breast, it means we are "siding with" these particular women, or at the very least, the concept that we are all going to hell in a handbasket. As with many other things, she sees the world in black or white.

I think we can all see situation where nudity, or partial nudity is not desirable, but I dont' think 2 girls sitting around a pool, where they were surprised they couldn't take their tops off, was one of them.

If they were surprised, they they might ususally go to a pool or lake where it's ok to do this.

From what I understand, Barton Springs here allows topless sunbathing, I don't know for sure, because even though it's only a mile by foot from my house, I don't go there in the summer months. I'm a Fall and Winter person.

I don't know if any women take advantage of this, but if it some did, I doubt it would cause a riot.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Sun 23 Sep, 2007 05:12 pm
plus, we have ceased talking about those two specific girls long ago and moved on to broader if related subjects.

osso, i am also far more appalled by gratuitous violence in movies, i also view it as far more 'dangerous'.

francis, i do think nudity (or showing more skin) is increasing around us. not only in the West. India has changed tremendously in the last ten years when it comes to fashion (OK, in cities), so did China. Islamic world is naturally far from nudity, but it has not been untouched either, just as most places have been.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Sun 23 Sep, 2007 05:19 pm
Well, I for one would pay to see osso's breasts, with or without boards supporting them.

And that's not meant sexually.

Laughing
0 Replies

tinygiraffe

Reply Sun 23 Sep, 2007 06:07 pm
Quote:
Two girls try to get attention on a beach and you all take up their cause like it was some sort of right they are being denied.

lmao!

whether you take civil liberties seriously or not, that really is exactly what they're being denied.

breasts + state mandated covering = fascism. it's just fascism that fits your prudishness, so it's OK.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 23 Sep, 2007 06:27 pm
Let's just say that I acknowledge pleasure for whatever females manage to retain their boobs over the years, and perhaps for those who don't, re memory. Memory is good as well.

Female nipples are exquisite, given circumstances, whatsomever the acknowledgement.

I don't know as much about male nipples, myself, though I know a bit.

I don't get it - that our anatomy has sexual propensity, does it mean we never show it?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 23 Sep, 2007 06:34 pm
Hey, even now I don't need board support, or much. There's hope for all of you...

But tilting titties aren't the heart of sexual life either. Not for me to explain all this.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Sun 23 Sep, 2007 06:43 pm
In Victorian times people had covers made for table legs because "legs" were obcene. The flash of a ladies ankle was cause for gossip.

Boobs on show are just another body part. I'm guessing it would become like a Vag for a gynocologist - just another body part if they were on show all the time. We have created a culture where a woman exposing her breasts is obviously being sexual, or giving sexual signals.

If i was on a beach with my kids and some granny or bouncing 22 year old had her tits out, it wouldn't phase me at all or hopefully my kids, they're just another body part, Like a tummy or ankles.

If good healthy rumpy pumpy comes up in a movie or tv program its a part of most healthy relationships, why would i be embarrassed? I have no problem with my kids seeing me give mums bum a squeeze or my hand in her shirt for tummy rub. yep they do the "eeeewwwwww old people doing" or " Rolling Eyes They're at it again" as if teenagers invented sex. They also see there is a right time and place. They see the love, care and respect that is attendant to a healthy relationship and that sex (kissing, touching) is part of that. No we dont go the grope or get nekkid in front of our kids, thats a private thing for just us to share.

I do see the need to respect other peoples attitudes to bodies sex and sexuality even if I think they're wrong.

So hearkening back to the original question of the 2 girls at the swimming pool. I personally see nothing wrong with women being topless however these girls should have some respect for those that don't have that attitude. I also see the only way to change peoples attitudes is to push the boundaries in a way that will inevitably confront some people.

Happycat I think your embarrassment fosters a culture of giggling teenage boys (and girls) but i respect your attitude.

I'm a bit concerned about mames interest in ossos boobs though. I'd watch her if i was you osso.
0 Replies

tinygiraffe

Reply Sun 23 Sep, 2007 06:48 pm
"SWEET JESUS! beth! check out the legs on that one!"

"very nice dear, but i think it's too big to fit in the kitchen..."
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Sun 23 Sep, 2007 06:56 pm
ossobuco wrote:
Hey, even now I don't need board support, or much. There's hope for all of you....

LOL... well hey, you need THIS board's support, dontcha?

You make me laugh, osso.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Sun 23 Sep, 2007 07:22 pm
ehBeth wrote:
happycat wrote:
Why do they put brown paper covers on magazines such as Playboy and Maxim, and restrict the buying age?

I have no idea why they do it where you are.

They don't do it here, or anyplace I've travelled in the U.S.

I think they put them in clear plastic bags here. Not so folks can't see them.... just that they pay for the privilege of looking at them.

Do you have a street for the flutists?

:wink:
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 23 Sep, 2007 08:04 pm
Mame doesn't worry me...
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sun 23 Sep, 2007 08:15 pm
Ohhhh how I would love to go topless all the time

but damn those rug burns
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Sun 23 Sep, 2007 08:28 pm
walking around with nekkid bits exposed can have detrimental consequences though:

Quote:

St. Alban Observer.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Sun 23 Sep, 2007 11:06 pm
shewolfnm wrote:
Ohhhh how I would love to go topless all the time

but damn those rug burns

I only have hardwood floors, so in my case it'd be splinters.

youch.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Wed 26 Sep, 2007 07:14 am
"Throw Pillows can be Useful as Well As Decorative"

Joe(Title of Real Simple Magazine Feature)Nation
0 Replies