Should States Refuse Aid To Theology Students?

Noddy24

Reply Wed 13 Aug, 2003 03:19 pm
Sugar--

Reading over my post, I did slander all cosmotologists--I'm guilty and recant.

Gentlemen--

There is testosterone all over the floor! Really!

The preceeding statement is not to be taken as an inditement of all gentlemen.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Wed 13 Aug, 2003 03:22 pm
Tired old stereotypes about testosterone too?

Sigh, yew git yer wish. Ima gaon.
0 Replies

Sugar

Reply Wed 13 Aug, 2003 03:24 pm
Noddy, that's quite all right. She's an irritating bimbo. Not to imply that they all are....
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Wed 13 Aug, 2003 03:32 pm
Craven--

Tired old stereotypes from a jaded old woman who has sufficient years to be awash with testosterone of Her Very Own.

Sugar--

Vanity, vanity, all is vanity.
0 Replies

jugbo

Reply Sat 13 Sep, 2003 12:43 pm
religion is as American as apple pie ...

but the more government meddles with institutional faith the more they are liable to try to control it, promoting one over another or mold into their tool.

then 'poof' no more freedom of religion.
0 Replies

Portal Star

Reply Sat 13 Sep, 2003 05:01 pm
of course not. You don't necessarily have to endorse one religion over another to study theology.
0 Replies

jugbo

Reply Sat 13 Sep, 2003 05:06 pm
Portal Star wrote:
of course not. You don't need of have to endorse one religion over another to study theology.

... if you get a government grant to study to be a minister in a Christian college that would be fine. But as long there isn't a wall for say a person to get a government grant to study to be a wiccan priestess at the local community college.
0 Replies

Portal Star

Reply Sat 13 Sep, 2003 09:09 pm
jugbo wrote:
Portal Star wrote:
of course not. You don't need of have to endorse one religion over another to study theology.

... if you get a government grant to study to be a minister in a Christian college that would be fine. But as long there isn't a wall for say a person to get a government grant to study to be a wiccan priestess at the local community college.

Christian colleges are not public, so if there was theology money from the gov't it would come from grants. You're right, Jugbo, if they don't offer it to all theology programs undiscriminately that would be wrong.
0 Replies

jugbo

Reply Sun 14 Sep, 2003 09:02 am
I'm kind of from the 'all or nothing' school of thought on this one.

what's good from one or a few must be made good for all.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Sun 14 Sep, 2003 09:35 am
IMO Student loans should be afforded for any study discipline. However, aid in the form of gov't grants and scholarships should be disallowed. But than what do I know I believe, in opposition to the USSC, that vouchers to be used for study in parochial schools should also be disallowed. It seems to me we are at a point now where separation of church and state is to be selectively adhered to.
0 Replies

Cephus

Reply Mon 15 Sep, 2003 09:20 am
Noddy24 wrote:
I don't have the exact figures, but nearly two thirds of Beauty School Students default on Student Loans. Evidently the defaulters assume that the classes will give them the know how to make themselves irresistiable and when they discover that the course work involves both book learning and harsh chemicals they drop out--and don't repay the student loans.

Oh yes, I can vouch for that. Some moron with the same name as my wife defaulted on her beauty school loan and every now and then, I get some really rude collection agents calling from time to time thinking my wife is her. My lawyers straightened them out eventually by threatening to sue the ever-loving **** out of them for harassment and mental anguish if they ever called again (I'm still hoping they will, honestly).
0 Replies

skeptic

Reply Mon 22 Sep, 2003 05:36 pm
Aid
i feel aid should be awarded equally independant of the major as long as the student is attending a public college. However, theology should never be considered a "science" and scholarships which are set aside for students in the "sciences" should never be given to theology students. Only money that is intended for general students, or students of theology, and in some cases philosophy should be awarded to theology students.
Greg
0 Replies