Webkinz font

sozobe

Reply Wed 19 Sep, 2007 10:32 am
What font would you say this is? Close is fine.

http://www.creativecomponent.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/04/webkinz1.jpg

Thanks!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 10,227 • Replies: 16
No top replies

mismi

Reply Wed 19 Sep, 2007 10:43 am
Arial Black is pretty close...and easily found!
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Wed 19 Sep, 2007 10:46 am
Sorry -- The Linotype Font Identifier, which almost never fails me on this type of question, doesn't give me any result that looks even close. I'm afraid it's hand-drawn, or a custom job, or otherwise non-standard.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 19 Sep, 2007 11:02 am
Thanks for looking, Thomas! I don't think it's hand-drawn (except for maybe the "Webkinz" logo itself) since it's all over the site (that's just a sample), but could well be custom.

I found a "Spongebob" font available for free online, but haven't been able to find this. (I'm looking because I'm thinking of having a Webkinz theme for her birthday party -- she and her friends are all heavily into Webkinz.)

Arial Black is very workable though mismi, thanks so much!
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Wed 19 Sep, 2007 11:12 am
Ah! If it's all over the site, it has to be on your computer. So I had a look a look at the website's stylesheet. It turns out to specify "Trebuchet MS". Looking at it my (Windows) font viewer, I find that it looks about right.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 19 Sep, 2007 11:30 am
That does look very close!

Thanks for finding that!
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 19 Sep, 2007 11:32 am
I just replicated some sentences from the website in Trebuchet MS in Word -- exact match.

Fab!

(I love A2K...)
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Wed 19 Sep, 2007 11:50 am
Have fun with the party!
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 19 Sep, 2007 12:00 pm
I haven't decided if that's what I'll do, yet -- just musing. Not sure if "theme" is the way I want to go. (So far it's seemed like "theme" is a way to save money -- DIY, be creative. Otherwise spend money on a venue -- or start celebrating her half-birthday.) (Weather is always cold and rainy and yucky on her real birthday...)
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Wed 19 Sep, 2007 01:06 pm
If it's Trebuchet (which is all over a2k btw) it's much bolder than normal methinks.
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Wed 19 Sep, 2007 01:22 pm
Isn't A2K's font Verdana? I'm pretty sure, but you appear to have hidden the stylesheet from us mortals (templates/Able2Know/Able2Know.css).
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 19 Sep, 2007 01:44 pm
Craven de Kere wrote:
If it's Trebuchet (which is all over a2k btw) it's much bolder than normal methinks.

As far as I can tell there are two fonts being used. From my sample, the only straight Trebuchet is in the upper right corner, "Find out more in our Parent's Area."

If you go to a page like this:

http://www.webkinz.com/parents_area.html

It's pretty much all Trebuchet.

The actual "Webkinz" logo and stuff like "LOG IN" and "New Member" are probably either custom or hand-drawn, though; not normal Trebuchet at any rate.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Wed 19 Sep, 2007 02:07 pm
Thomas wrote:
Isn't A2K's font Verdana? I'm pretty sure, but you appear to have hidden the stylesheet from us mortals (templates/Able2Know/Able2Know.css).

The main font is, but quoted text and some navigational elements are Trebuchet. The typography on this site is horrid so don't expect it to make sense.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 19 Sep, 2007 02:17 pm
Yeah, now that I know what to look for I'm seeing it everywhere. ("Post a reply," for example.)
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Wed 19 Sep, 2007 03:30 pm
Craven de Kere wrote:
The main font is, but quoted text and some navigational elements are Trebuchet. The typography on this site is horrid so don't expect it to make sense.

I see. Thanks!

sozobe wrote:
Yeah, now that I know what to look for I'm seeing it everywhere. ("Post a reply," for example.)

Who knew? We're WebKinz for grown-ups. All we still need is a few cute virtual pets. Craven, could you program some for us? You must be bored by now, programming all those wingnuts in the political forum.
rhymer

Reply Sat 17 Jan, 2009 06:40 pm
@Thomas,
The font is, unsurpisingly, a proprietary font named WEBKINZ. Created for Ganz by Joffre LeFevre at Aboutype.com.

It comes in a number of versions with peculiar weights and stylenames - Med Bold, Book, Book Bold, and OSMed.
sozobe

Reply Sat 17 Jan, 2009 06:59 pm
@rhymer,
Oh, cool. Good to know the specifics, thanks rhymer.
0 Replies