Don't tell me there's any proof for creationism.

Wolf ODonnell

Reply Wed 19 Sep, 2007 06:41 am
neologist wrote:
The problem here is with the word 'evidence'.

Whether one believes in creation or in evolution, the evidence is the same.

The evidence is clearly not the same. You can't prove evolution and creationism to be true with the same evidence.
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Wed 19 Sep, 2007 06:50 am
xingu wrote:
The Creationist answer to what happened to the dinosaures
http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/1038/1038_01.asp?wpc=1038_01.asp

This is what happens when you try to merge myth with reality; you come up with solutions incredibility stupid.

I can't believe I just read what I read on that website........ RL, is that pretty much what you believe?
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Wed 19 Sep, 2007 06:54 am
Wilso wrote:
You can type until your fingers bleed for all I care. But since the question was asked, I've indicated the type of evidence I expect. I'm looking for the same type of evidence that is required for a scientific hypothesis to become a scientific theory.
Would you expect replicable evidence?

Ain't gonna happen.

Ain't gonna happen for evolution, neither.
0 Replies

baddog1

Reply Wed 19 Sep, 2007 06:56 am
Wilso wrote:
I've read that pathetic cop-out before. However, since that supposition is not testable, then it doesn't count as evidence.

willie:

To consider that the reality of anything is not proof enough is laughable.

It also goes against all merits of science.

It's akin to Billie Clinton proclaiming that he did not have sexual relations with his intern. Laughing
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Wed 19 Sep, 2007 06:59 am
Wolf_ODonnell wrote:
neologist wrote:

The evidence is clearly not the same. You can't prove evolution and creationism to be true with the same evidence.
That is funnier than you may think.
0 Replies

baddog1

Reply Wed 19 Sep, 2007 07:04 am
neologist wrote:
Wolf_ODonnell wrote:
neologist wrote:

That is funnier than you may think.

:wink:
0 Replies

Wolf ODonnell

Reply Wed 19 Sep, 2007 07:05 am
neologist wrote:

Ain't gonna happen.

Now that's silly of you, neologist. Repilicable evidence is not necessary to prove something happened. Otherwise, you'd never be able to prove a murder happened unless you could replicate the entire thing.

All that is necessary is that you can provide evidence, which can somehow be re-examined using another method. Or evidence that supports the previous evidence.

Does Creationism have this? All it needs is a cave painting of a dinosaur, then to verify that the paintings really are of dinosaurs they saw in their period, fossils of cavemen with fossils of those dinosaurs, both of the same age.
0 Replies

real life

Reply Wed 19 Sep, 2007 07:11 am
Wilso wrote:
baddog1 wrote:
The proof for creation is --------- creation! It happened! Isn't the historical reality of something, anything - the best proof available?
I've read that pathetic cop-out before. However, since that supposition is not testable, then it doesn't count as evidence.

Well, in the same sense, evolution (like creation) is a past event that is not repeatable, and therefore not observable or testable.

Now if you want to claim you've seen evolution happening NOW, put it on the evolution thread and we'll have some real laughs.

Any critters forming new organs, new systems, new limbs that you can tell us about?

C'mon just one, and I might really be convinced. Laughing

But back to creation, since this is the thread for it.

I have never claimed that creation was observable or repeatable.

Both creation and evolution really face the same challenges.

Both rely on evidence that is largely circumstantial and inferential.

Both actually have the exact same evidence.

Let's look at fossils, for instance.

None of them come with a tag and the date the critter lived, or the 'family line' he evolved from do they?

No, conclusions are inferred, based on data and based on presuppositions of the researcher.

Evolutionists don't like to admit that they rely on presup just like creationists (and everybody else in the world) , but they do.

The figure of the 'objective scientist' is really no more than a myth.

Ros asked wouldn't there be evidence of creation in something that is incongruous with the rest of nature?

Really that is silly.

If you were designing something (a car, an airplane, etc) would you include something that clearly didn't fit and didn't work together with the whole? C'mon.

For me, the greatest evidence that supports creation is in looking at what it would take for natural causes to produce life, and then produce the complexity of life we see today --- and realizing it can't have happened.

Life cannot have produced itself from non-life. We can go back thru the whole discussion in the evolution thread about it, but you've got two basic naturalistic views ('metabolism first' or 'replicator first'), and both of them are poor excuses for science. Why?

Because if first life were 'metabolism first', then your first success is a dead end because it can't replicate itself.

And if 'replicator first'..........c'mon give it up. Any xNA which managed to self generate for a few nanoseconds would be destroyed by the very environment which supposedly produced it.

Then we get to producing complex life.

The bombardier beetle is interesting, not just because it farts explosively but because such a defense mechanism is impossible to explain with evolution.

The critter has two reservoirs with complex chemicals that explode when combined.

Now you can say that it coulda evolved stepwise over thousands or millions of years if you want, but the system is useless until it's complete. Face it.

Why a squirting mechanism if there's nothing to squirt?

Why fluid sacs if there's no fluid?

Why do these two fluids just happen to get squirted at the same time and with precision combine just as they reach the target?

I'd say it's a fine example of design.

I know you may think it accidentally happened, but that's okay I need a laugh or two every day.

Well, I don't usually like long posts, so I'll let someone else blab a while. Laughing
0 Replies

real life

Reply Wed 19 Sep, 2007 07:18 am
Re: Don't tell me there's any proof for creationism.
rosborne979 wrote:
Thomas wrote:
I answered your question, now would you please answer mine? What evidence for creationism do you think you have?

Come on RL, can't you give Thomas even one single example of evidence for creationism?

Surely if magic were used in a massive creation event it must have left some mark somewhere which can't be reconciled with natural events. We're talking about the spontaneous creation of an entire Universe and the planet we live on. And yet, there isn't a shred of evidence for special creation anywhere. The geology of the Earth should be riddled with incongruities which don't match the natural flow of time and evolution, and yet there aren't any incongruities which don't fit into the natural world as described by science.

----

When a creationist challenges evolution they become the worlds toughest skeptics, demanding details finer than those in atomic theory, and questioning the very foundations of philosophical knowledge.

But when it comes to challenging creation, all their skepticism vanishes, it's caution to the wind, have faith the bible, and get in line behind the preacher (of your choice).

This just isn't true, ros.

You think that because someone believes that they never doubt or question?

C'mon. Laughing

My questions for you (as representing evolution) may be tough ones, but I've tried to keep the discussion basic enough so that non-technical folks can join in also.

I've enjoyed it and hope you have too.
0 Replies

xingu

Reply Wed 19 Sep, 2007 07:18 am
If Creationism is real the evidence would be different than what we now see as evidence for evolution. Creationism says all animals, vegetation and insects were created at the same time. Therefore fossils should show this. There should be fossils of pre dinosaurs mixed with those of post dinosaurs as well as dinosaurs themselves. You don't find this anywhere. All fossils are found in orderly sequence, not mixed together as would be the case if the Flood killed everything at the same moment.

BTW, for those who believe in the Flood, where did all of our vegetation come from? It was all destroyed by the Flood, right? Are you going to tell me that in the last 5,000 years or so the earth went from virtually no vegetation to what we have now?
0 Replies

real life

Reply Wed 19 Sep, 2007 07:27 am
xingu wrote:
If Creationism is real the evidence would be different than what we now see as evidence for evolution. Creationism says all animals, vegetation and insects were created at the same time. Therefore fossils should show this. There should be fossils of pre dinosaurs mixed with those of post dinosaurs as well as dinosaurs themselves. You don't find this anywhere. All fossils are found in orderly sequence, not mixed together as would be the case if the Flood killed everything at the same moment.

The Cambrian explosion is the closest that traditional science has come to admitting this.

Nearly all the phyla appear suddenly in the fossil record, without gradualism.

Quote:
Almost every metazoan phylum with hard parts, and many that lack hard parts, made its first appearance in the Cambrian. The only modern phylum with an adequate fossil record to appear after the Cambrian was the phylum Bryozoa....

from http://www.ucmp.berkeley.edu/cambrian/camblife.html

Realizing the implications of this, many scientists furiously backpedal when it is brought up. Expect continual chipping away and the Cambrian, stretching it into other periods timewise.

The Cambrian period represents less than 10% of the historical timeline postulated by evolutionists.

This means that evolution had to happen FAST! Not over the llllllllllooooonnnnnnggggggg ages that evolutionists like to cite in their tale.

And it also means that it has NEVER happened that fast since then.

C'mon. Laughing

How come we don't see new phyla appearing today?

Where are the new organs, new biological systems, new body plans, new limbs?
0 Replies

real life

Reply Wed 19 Sep, 2007 07:28 am
xingu wrote:
BTW, for those who believe in the Flood, where did all of our vegetation come from? It was all destroyed by the Flood, right? Are you going to tell me that in the last 5,000 years or so the earth went from virtually no vegetation to what we have now?

Haven't you ever left on vacation and not mowed your yard for a couple of weeks? Laughing
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Wed 19 Sep, 2007 07:38 am
Wolf_ODonnell wrote:
neologist wrote:

Ain't gonna happen.

Now that's silly of you, neologist. Repilicable evidence is not necessary to prove something happened. Otherwise, you'd never be able to prove a murder happened unless you could replicate the entire thing.

All that is necessary is that you can provide evidence, which can somehow be re-examined using another method. Or evidence that supports the previous evidence. . .
Just trying to pin down our friend from down under.
0 Replies

baddog1

Reply Wed 19 Sep, 2007 07:40 am
real life wrote:
xingu wrote:

Haven't you ever left on vacation and not mowed your yard for a couple of weeks? Laughing

:wink:
0 Replies

xingu

Reply Wed 19 Sep, 2007 08:03 am
RL

As usual your dodging and didn't answer my question. Why are there not fossils of all life mixed together?

All life that you mentioned in the Cambrian became extinct long ago. Why are not camels, T. rex's and humans found in the Cambrian?

Yes I was on vacation and I did cut my lawn. But you didn't answer the question.

Ever see those Creationist paintings of Noah and his family emerging from the ark after the Flood? All around them are mature trees and vegetation. Where did it come from?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/2/23/Noahs_Ark.jpg/280px-Noahs_Ark.jpg

BTW if this is what the Flood is suppose to be like how do you explain the orderly and layered sedimentation found in the Grand Canyon. Creationist say that is Flood sediment and evidence for the Flood.

http://www.victorianweb.org/painting/martin/paintings/2.jpg
0 Replies

real life

Reply Wed 19 Sep, 2007 09:25 am
xingu wrote:
RL

As usual your dodging and didn't answer my question. Why are there not fossils of all life mixed together?

All life that you mentioned in the Cambrian became extinct long ago. Why are not camels, T. rex's and humans found in the Cambrian?

Yes I was on vacation and I did cut my lawn. But you didn't answer the question.

Ever see those Creationist paintings of Noah and his family emerging from the ark after the Flood? All around them are mature trees and vegetation. Where did it come from?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/2/23/Noahs_Ark.jpg/280px-Noahs_Ark.jpg

BTW if this is what the Flood is suppose to be like how do you explain the orderly and layered sedimentation found in the Grand Canyon. Creationist say that is Flood sediment and evidence for the Flood.

http://www.victorianweb.org/painting/martin/paintings/2.jpg

Are you seriously asking me to defend these paintings?

As if that were part of my argument? It's not.

What is your point?
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Wed 19 Sep, 2007 09:52 am
Xingu is a master of many straw men. And he doesn't even look like his avatar.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Wed 19 Sep, 2007 10:15 am
xingu wrote:
If Creationism is real the evidence would be different than what we now see as evidence for evolution. Creationism says all animals, vegetation and insects were created at the same time. . .
Creationism is not able to say anything; but that is besides the point.

The bible does not say everything was created at the same time. This is another of your sophomoric straw men that you continue to use even when shown otherwise. Just because a few preachers with moron IQs have gone on record espousing a certain point does not make it scriptural.

Those who continue to use their stupidity to indict the bible have either descended to their intellectual level or are lying.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Wed 19 Sep, 2007 10:51 am
baddog1 wrote:
To consider that the reality of anything is not proof enough is laughable.

real life wrote:
Ros asked wouldn't there be evidence of creation in something that is incongruous with the rest of nature?

Really that is silly.

If you were designing something (a car, an airplane, etc) would you include something that clearly didn't fit and didn't work together with the whole? C'mon.

Baddog and RL are no longer arguing in favor of biblical creation. The statements above are more consistent with some form of deistic creation, or even simple acceptance of the Big Bang and Evolution with a "God" that started it all.

I wish they would be consistent about which version of creationism they are arguing for. And I wish they would offer some bit of actual evidence for whatever it is they believe.

Come on guys, do you believe in fundamental biblical creation, or not? If not, then we need to know what you believe before we can have much of a discussion.
0 Replies

baddog1

Reply Wed 19 Sep, 2007 11:02 am
rosborne979 wrote:
Baddog and RL are no longer arguing in favor of biblical creation. The statements above are more consistent with some form of deistic creation, or even simple acceptance of the Big Bang and Evolution with a "God" that started it all.

I wish they would be consistent about which version of creationism they are arguing for. And I wish they would offer some bit of actual evidence for whatever it is they believe.

Come on guys, do you believe in fundamental biblical creation, or not? If not, then we need to know what you believe before we can have much of a discussion.

Ros:

I have no idea what you're referring to and did not realize that there were different versions of creationism. wilso's original post did not offer this information.

When you speak of "fundamental biblical creation", are you talking about the origin of life? Origin of the Bible? No kidding here - I am unclear on what you're asking for.
0 Replies