Don't tell me there's any proof for creationism.

Setanta

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2008 10:01 am
Oh goody . . . a holy roller bitch fight . . .
0 Replies

real life

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2008 10:07 am
Actually Neo is quite civil in expressing his opinions.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2008 03:47 pm
You mean some posters are uncivil?

Should I have noticed?

Pshaw!
0 Replies

real life

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2008 05:24 pm
Don't get all esteemed up about it.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2008 05:43 pm
real life wrote:
Don't get all esteemed up about it.

Now, that's about the funniest post you've made on a2k. he haw!
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2008 06:16 pm
Okay.

Pretty please with sugar on top and chocolate sauce and marshmallow creme:

State one proof of Creationism.

Joe(One, That's all I'm asking.)Nation
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2008 06:22 pm
Joe Nation wrote:
Okay.

Joe, It's hopeless; even if you add money to that list, it won't help.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2008 10:25 pm
But it is about time to return to the topic.

One which I consider a snipe hunt.

So I'll just watch here for a while, OK?
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2008 10:27 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:
Joe Nation wrote:
Okay.

Joe, It's hopeless; even if you add money to that list, it won't help.
Wait . .

Money?

You mean like a retainer?

:wink:
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2008 10:48 pm
Not a "retainer," but the greenback, clam, bean, buck, simolean, and $$$.

Okay, how about that proof for creation, now?
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Sun 27 Jul, 2008 12:49 am
Once again, the problem is with the word 'evidence'. I said this on page 3 or 4, I believe.

The evidence is the same whether you believe in evolution or creation or some hybrid explanation.

That is why I have often referred to this thread as a fools' errand.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 27 Jul, 2008 07:06 am
Quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Once again, the problem is with the word 'evidence'. I said this on page 3 or 4, I believe.

The evidence is the same whether you believe in evolution or creation or some hybrid explanation.

The interpretation of evidence does require some understanding of how stuff works. I can (and frequently do) show someone like RL that geochronology by isotopes is a world of methods that generally agree (outliers all have bases for their errors). He attempts to say that such techniques are

1 Fraught with errors (an assertion which hes never been able to prove)

2Methods show outliers which disprove the method. Outliers have all been studied to deth so that such conclusions cant be left undebunked. AGain, some understanding is required

3Time has actually changed since the origin of the earth. This may be somewhat true but the error imposed on the methods are less than a percent of value.

Several people of the Evangelical persuasion have challenged the evidence on a basis that their worldview is just as valid because they interpret the data differently. However, afetr saying that, they usually run under a table because we never seem to have any explanations of these differences in interpretation. We merely ahve pre-digested assertions, most of which come from The AIG crowd or guys like HAm, Hovind, Austen, Myers, Johnson, or Gish. These guys have really never been able to, unlike the IDers , modify their worldviews to include the masses of overwhelming evidence.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Sun 21 Sep, 2008 11:21 am
Since none of our A2K Creationists can offer any proof for Creationism, I found a Creationist web site which offers "evidences to support a young earch or Universe".

However, their "evidence" consists of the same pseudo-scientific baloney which has been debunked repeatedly already.

But for what it's worth, here it is...

http://www.creationministries.org/showpage.aspx?page=8#18

Quote:
18. What evidences support a young earth or universe view?

Actually the vast majority of ways to date things reflect a young world view. Helium escapes rocks quickly, geologically speaking. Yet rocks in the deepest strata layers still have lots of helium in them. Helium is being produced by the second via radiometric decay, and enters the earth’s atmosphere. There is no known way for appreciable amounts of helium to escape the atmosphere. Yet the amount of helium in earth’s atmosphere can only account for about one-half million years. (If God made the atmosphere with zero helium to start). Many planets are still hot although losing heat faster than they receive heat. They can’t be old. The sun is shrinking. This causes a host of problems for old age believers. One is that as the sun shrinks, its gravity weakens. Earth’s orbit around the sun is held in place by the sun’s gravitational pull. If we were a fraction closer to, or further from, the sun, life could not exist on earth. The solar system can’t be old. The earth’s magnetic field has weakened by 6% over the past 150 years. At this rate, extrapolating backwards, the field strength would have been that of a magnetic star about 10,000 to 12,000 years ago. The oceans are 3.6% salt and the level of salinity is increasing. At the present rate, the water would have gone from fresh to 3.6% salt in about 5,000 years. There are about 1,200 minerals on earth. Each can be measured as to amounts existing in and entering into the seas. These all point to a young ocean. Sediments on the sea floors accumulate via continental erosion. Studies of the amounts indicate a youthful ocean. For more on the age of the world we suggest viewing CESM DVD 3 or live Seminar 2 and 3.
0 Replies