How much time do you spend each day on your religion?

Reply Sat 15 Sep, 2007 01:13 pm
I guess by this I mean to say how much time do you spend not only actively participating in your religion, like with prayer and church or temple or whatever you may do, but also thinking about it, such as in having daily situations or conversations that remind you of it or make you aware of it somehow?

On average, I mean.

Just curious.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 3,129 • Replies: 42
No top replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sat 15 Sep, 2007 01:22 pm
None - that was easy!
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Sat 15 Sep, 2007 02:45 pm
That's difficult for me to answer, as I don't belong to a religion.

In the past couple of months, I have thought about God stuff, if not more often, more intently.

Not belonging to a religion, and not being an atheist, I'm comfortable in what I do believe, but have run into personal difficulty when the question has come up in interesting conversations with others. I mean people who are not trying to convert you, or convince you there is no God. I mean those people I'd like to, for their benefit, be able to have a quick way to express my beliefs. Not to apply a label to myself, just to ease the way when communicating.

In the past, I have identified myself as a pagan, but...I was never 100% comfortable with that. Although I do rever nature, I never liked the way the word pagan is often associated with New Age, Wicca, etc.

Lately, I revisisted a simple word I've heard a thousand times before, but never paid any attention to. Diest.

That's what I am. I'm a Diest.

I don't ask God for anything. I don't believe that's the way it works. I do stare both physically and mentally in wonderment throughout the day, many times.

So, to answer the question, I'd say I spend over 4 hours a day thinking about God, since, it's all interconnected, and the same thing.
0 Replies

EmilyGreen

Reply Sat 15 Sep, 2007 02:55 pm
I'm a Buddhist, so most of the day I keep it in mind to just help me sail through decisions and keep my priorities in line. :-)
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Sat 15 Sep, 2007 03:10 pm
none. i'm a dialectic materialist.
0 Replies

2PacksAday

Reply Sat 15 Sep, 2007 03:10 pm
Less than an hour....and I'm comfortable with the term pagan.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Sat 15 Sep, 2007 03:11 pm
pagan or heathen? i prefer heathen myself.
0 Replies

2PacksAday

Reply Sat 15 Sep, 2007 03:24 pm
Well...uncultured/uncivilized...yeah that fits me, but I am somewhat religious or spiritual...not much, but enough to admit that it's part of my personality.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Sat 15 Sep, 2007 03:42 pm
well, pagans have a rather structured and defined religion going. maybe you're just a heathen with a dollop of spirituality?
0 Replies

2PacksAday

Reply Sat 15 Sep, 2007 07:13 pm
"...maybe you're just a heathen with a dollop of spirituality?"

You know what, that actually sounds pretty good...I'm gonna head over to the Latin area and see if I can get that translated for a tattoo.

When asked what, if any, religion I claim, I often respond "Pagan, but not practicing". As far as structure goes, I do make it a point to observe...and by observe, I mean literally go outside and watch the sun set, and then later on do a bit of sky watching....during a solstice or equinox, but that stems from my interests in astronomy and has nothing to do with pagan rituals.

For sale: One slightly used pair of goat-skin pants...some singeing near the cuffs....converting to full blown heathenry, must sell by Sep 23rd.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 15 Sep, 2007 07:16 pm
I consider myself a2k's least spiritual person. Naturally, I voted zero time early in the poll.
0 Replies

Sglass

Reply Sat 15 Sep, 2007 07:23 pm
Excellent EmilyGreen, I am a Buddhist too (with a fractured sense of humor)

Do you think A2k is part of your karma?
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Sat 15 Sep, 2007 07:23 pm
None
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 15 Sep, 2007 07:28 pm
2PacksAday wrote:
"...maybe you're just a heathen with a dollop of spirituality?"

You know what, that actually sounds pretty good...I'm gonna head over to the Latin area and see if I can get that translated for a tattoo.

When asked what, if any, religion I claim, I often respond "Pagan, but not practicing". As far as structure goes, I do make it a point to observe...and by observe, I mean literally go outside and watch the sun set, and then later on do a bit of sky watching....during a solstice or equinox, but that stems from my interests in astronomy and has nothing to do with pagan rituals.

For sale: One slightly used pair of goat-skin pants...some singeing near the cuffs....converting to full blown heathenry, must sell by Sep 23rd.

With tail and genitalia, I assume? What condition are the hooves in?
0 Replies

Sglass

Reply Sat 15 Sep, 2007 07:35 pm
oh back to the original question.

I chant in the am and the pm to keep focused on my path which is peace, culture and education.

I went to the SGI center in Waltham MA this morning with Merry Andrew and chanted for an hour and a half.

I chant usually 2 hours a day.

This endeaver and commitment has taught me the difference between chicken salad and chicken ****.
0 Replies

2PacksAday

Reply Sat 15 Sep, 2007 08:11 pm
Quote Dlowan:

The hooves {cloven of course} are in excellent condition, as they were primarily used in a lush meadow {the field behind my moms house}. The tail does have a slight bend in it, from when it got slammed in my truck door, but I believe this adds character. The genitalia....well I have this neighbor named Jeff and he is a very lonesome man....look, the goodies are gone, and let's leave it at that.

Act now and I'll throw in a set of panpipes.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 15 Sep, 2007 08:15 pm
2PacksAday wrote:
Quote Dlowan:

The hooves {cloven of course} are in excellent condition, as they were primarily used in a lush meadow {the field behind my moms house}. The tail does have a slight bend in it, from when it got slammed in my truck door, but I believe this adds character. The genitalia....well I have this neighbor named Jeff and he is a very lonesome man....look, the goodies are gone, and let's leave it at that.

Act now and I'll throw in a set of panpipes.

Sorry....no pizzle, no pennies.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Sat 15 Sep, 2007 09:10 pm
ossobuco wrote:
I consider myself a2k's least spiritual person. Naturally, I voted zero time early in the poll.

Really?

I have never gotten that impression of you at all.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Sat 15 Sep, 2007 09:11 pm
CalamityJane wrote:
None - that was easy!

Ditto
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Sat 15 Sep, 2007 09:22 pm
My religion is Atookian.

I spend too much time on my religion.
0 Replies