Attachments

Reply Thu 7 Aug, 2003 11:27 am
Craven, is there a relatively easy way to allow moderators to upload images to the server from their harddrives? I've seen it done, but don't know how it's done - I think Netclectic's attachment mod would not do what i want - thanks for any info....
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 1,151 • Replies: 3
No top replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Thu 7 Aug, 2003 01:52 pm
It's not Netclectics mod, it's Acyd Burn's.

You could give them FTP access but if you want uploads through your board you need to do the attachments mod. Or wait for 2.2.
0 Replies

gadgetaddict

Reply Fri 8 Aug, 2003 03:20 pm
geez, you're completely right - acyd's oops!
what does your crystal ball say about 2.2 - around the corner, or miles away? as i recall, acyd's mod is about the toughest one out there - very difficult, lots to do with the sql files, etc....
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Fri 8 Aug, 2003 03:43 pm
I predict that 2.2.x will come out around December. But that is a prediction based on information that is about a month old and everything can change.

Acyd's mod is easily the largest phpbb mod that exists, I have never used it because of a security hold I found in an earlier version (it has since been patched I've heard. I have not verified) but Acyd is a wizard and his work on that mod paved his way into the phpbb group as a developer. The mod must be secure and I believe (I do not know and have not even checked) that the mod is the basis for 2.2.x's attachment feature (though I think there was a full re-write).
0 Replies