Getting to know "THE AMAZING CAVFANCIER!!!!"

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Thu 7 Aug, 2003 08:08 pm
Red
Red, my home made Kahlua recipe calls for brandy and it obviously leads to a White Russian.

---BumbleBeeBoogie
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Thu 7 Aug, 2003 08:10 pm
You can lead me to a White Russian any day!!!

(Beat Gautam to the punch...FINALLY.)
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Thu 7 Aug, 2003 08:43 pm
Did I mention my family is Russian?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 7 Aug, 2003 08:46 pm
Fine thing, that is.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 7 Aug, 2003 09:04 pm
sheesh, 2 days back at the desk, and i forget about your A2K dinner companion. Embarrassed Hope it was great, and that there will be a report.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 7 Aug, 2003 09:05 pm
I'm Russian, too! Can I claim a familial relationship to Cav and share in the glory? (I'm not, like, all Russian, but my grandparents were.)
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Thu 7 Aug, 2003 09:09 pm
My family is 3 generations Canadian, but Russian by ancestory.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 7 Aug, 2003 09:19 pm
Oh. Wait your grandfather came from Russia too, right? I think Minsk was even involved. (My grandmother's stories started with "Just outside the big city of Minsk...")
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Fri 8 Aug, 2003 02:21 am
Eva wrote:
You can lead me to a White Russian any day!!!

(Beat Gautam to the punch...FINALLY.)

Dahling, you can lead a horse to water but can you make it drink ? Wink

I have had a couple of white russians (and I am not talking abt the drink here), so I will let you have this one !!

Redhorn, brandy with ice is a very ukranian thing !! They also add a twist to it, and I agree, it tastes wonderful !!

And apart from the fact that I feel less of a man because I did not get my own thread Laughing, I have to say that cav is a wonderful guy, always has a smile and a recipie and is a wonderful person to interact with.

If only he could cook indian food like me, he would have been perfect Laughing
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Fri 8 Aug, 2003 04:55 am
Well Gautam, there would be regional differences Wink but I can try.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Fri 8 Aug, 2003 05:10 am
I should address farmerman: I know chefs who have worked on mega-yachts and I assure you, they actually aren't having as much fun as the bosses whatsoever, so they don't have to try. It takes a special type of personality to work on a boat...personally, I have heard that it is among the most tedious, crappy jobs in the industry.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Fri 8 Aug, 2003 05:12 am
That is, aside from 6 A.M. omelette station at a luxury hotel.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 8 Aug, 2003 05:55 am
AWWW_ Now you took away the fantasy of the article. It implied that crews have a ball and they practice looking dour whenever the owners are in sight. A bigass yatch pulled into Eastport last week and the newspaper (a weekly that prints recipes on the front page) sent out reporters who were triping over themselves.

zo-evrry buddy Russina. Me too. my mammys side is from de Carpathians and my daddy s side is from Georgia. So I have the potential for living reeely long but I still must suck blood to do it

Leeesen too dem-cheeeldren off de Nieyet. VAAT Beeoooteefool moosic dey maake

Cav -as you mention the 6 am omelette detail. I always wondered about thoise guys. They always appear less than enthusiastic about whuppin you up some eggs. As I dont like omelettes much (they remind me more of something that needs a solid waste permit with all that **** and veggies inside). Every time I get one of those guys I ask for sunny side up and they look veerrry bored.. So youve confirmed it.

My kid makes dessert omelettes (totally makes one gag) he puts PBJ inside and then eats this ****. He has his own little egg pan so he doesnt make evrybody else sick..
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Fri 8 Aug, 2003 06:30 am
Once again, cav's handiwork has solved another serious political issue. He has turned Homosexuality v Christianity thread into a salad toss with a sensible vinigrette dressing!

Cav for President! Life is a salad! (The philosophy of the Caped Cavalier!)
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Fri 8 Aug, 2003 06:30 am
HA HA! At least he has his own pan...it is a sign of creativity, some say.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Fri 8 Aug, 2003 06:33 am
Aww, thanks Sofia, but credit must really go to Tartarin and LightWizard for starting it Very Happy
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Fri 8 Aug, 2003 09:46 am
Gautam, you are being so very gallant this morning...! (Well, it's morning here.)

Since you have been invited to my dinner party, I should ask you...what do you think of Cav's proposed menu? Suitable enough for the Goddess of Love and her guests? What suggestions would you have?
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Wed 20 Aug, 2003 08:30 am
Okay, I'll throw in a few bunches of those teeny champagne grapes....seasonal and dee-licious...maybe a good raw-milk brie as well....
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Wed 20 Aug, 2003 01:52 pm
Excellent! I just love those grapes!

(I've never had raw-milk brie. How is it different?)
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Wed 20 Aug, 2003 02:07 pm
Mmm...more 'oomph'....
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/10/2024 at 05:04:57