Is there a easy way to move a forum?

zoofer

Reply Tue 4 Sep, 2007 11:21 pm
I dabble on a little forum. It was updated to a newer version which has since imploded. It is being worked on (I'm told) but a month has passed without any joy.
In the meantime we are back on the old version. When the newer forum becomes available we would like to move complete threads between the two.

Is there a program out there that will do this? We do not know anything about programming html etc.

Machine language, assembly and Atlas is the extent of our programming experience. Rolling Eyes

My fantasy is to open both forums in separate windows and drag and drop compete threads between the two! Laughing Laughing Laughing
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 850 • Replies: 2
No top replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Thu 20 Sep, 2007 02:21 am
You neglect to mention the forum software or the versions. But yes, in many cases there are import/upgrade scripts that give you an upgrade path. Check with the developers of the forum you use for their support for such scripts.
0 Replies

mrhunt

Reply Sat 29 Dec, 2007 03:02 am
Yeah,It WOULD be nice to know what forum your using....Either PHPBB,IPB Or ...I forget the 3rd major one...and let us know your version number.

But Dragging and dropping threads between the two is out of the question...I dont know if you can Do what your asking but it wont be easy...Trust me with that.you especially wont be able to just pickout an individual thread and move JUST that one without knowing extensive SQL Database Queery Language...

I used to run a few PHPBB and IPB Boards and i Did move The entire board From One HOST To Another Host.....MAN thats a bitch and a half....let me tell you...
0 Replies