Leonid Storm Tues 19th

quinn1

Reply Wed 20 Nov, 2002 10:03 pm
As long as it was worth the trip for whatever little beauty you may see, then its good enough Smile
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 20 Nov, 2002 10:08 pm
Sounds great piffka!
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Wed 20 Nov, 2002 10:46 pm
Quinn - I'd get up early anyway. It's my habit, but usually I'm too busy to galavant about until after the sun has risen. This was special.

LittleK - Someday I hope you visit Puget Sound and see it for yourself. I really wished I'd had a camera or a friend with a camera (even better) this morning!
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 20 Nov, 2002 10:56 pm
aaaahhhh, would have been fun to shoot.
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Wed 20 Nov, 2002 11:11 pm
For a camera buff who knows what she is doing and understands all those light details... yep! For me, I just have to remember!
0 Replies

neil

Reply Fri 29 Nov, 2002 05:53 am
Meteor shower breaks the speed limit
The decent explanation of the meteor shower was good except the 160,000 miles per hour. That exceeds the escape velocity of the solar system so the shooting stars enter Earth's outermost atmosphere about 1/3 that fast. Since the debris is annual event, the speed is in a narrow range, which can be calculated for your location and the time, but I don't know how. Part of the speed is due to the speed of Earth as it orbits the sun. Neil
0 Replies

neil

Reply Fri 29 Nov, 2002 06:06 am
Idea It is probable that meteors from outside our solar sytem hit Earths atmosphere at a milliom miles per hour, very rarely, but none have been measured with high confidence, I think. Neil
0 Replies