Online Universities

gollum

Reply Sun 2 Sep, 2007 05:10 pm
I understand that online universities (e.g., Walden University) exist.

How does the quality of education at such universities compare against that of traditional universities?

How does the acceptance by employers of the online university's graduates compare against that of traditional universities?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 775 • Replies: 5
No top replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 2 Sep, 2007 05:24 pm
I don't think it matters; what matters most is how one performs on the job.
0 Replies

gollum

Reply Sun 2 Sep, 2007 05:40 pm
Online Uiversities - Rejoinder
cicerone imposter-

Thank you.

By way of xx, if you don't get the job because the boss prefers to hire a candidate from a traditional university, then you don't a chance to perform on the job.

Some people say, the toughest part of succeeding in any job is getting the job in the first place.
0 Replies

cyphercat

Reply Fri 5 Oct, 2007 08:44 pm
Hi Gollum, don't know if you're still thinking about this or not, but just in case, here's my two cents; I've been looking into this because I'm planning on getting my master's degree online. Lots of universities have online programs now, so you know you're going to a reputable school because it's a real, established college, not just some goofy online certificate program or something. If you go that route, like for example I'll probably be going to San Jose State or Southern Connecticut, then you'll be ending up with a degree that is just as reliable to an employer as if you'd been to the actual campus. You've still got a degree from a university they know of and know is a real school.

Cost-wise, the ones I looked at all appeared to be the same or just a little cheaper than if you were actually attending on-campus.
0 Replies

gollum

Reply Sat 6 Oct, 2007 03:44 am
Online Universities
cyphercat-
Thank you.

Then I construe your comment to mean that your diploma, transcript, etc. will not denote that your degree was earned online.
0 Replies

cyphercat

Reply Sat 6 Oct, 2007 03:14 pm
My guess would be that your transcript might reflect it, but I doubt the diploma would. I'm sure you could contact the schools that you're considering and find that out.
0 Replies