Customer Care Vs. Contact us!

Reply Fri 31 Aug, 2007 11:26 am
I'm working with my boss on our new website and the designers wants to have a Customer Care and a Contact us button, isn't that pretty much the same when it comes to getting help from the company you are dealing with in the internet?

Or is Customer Care use by websites that can offer you online assistance and Contact us so you can e-mail the company?

Please help!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,062 • Replies: 4
No top replies

contrex

Reply Sat 1 Sep, 2007 01:38 am
There are no rules. Different websites use those terms to mean different things. I have seen web sites where "contact us" takes you to a page of postal and email addresses, phone numbers, etc. I have seen others where it is actually a "mail to" link which opens up your email application with a new email window ready for you to start typing, with the company's email address already typed in. I prefer the former.

Sure sounds like you, your boss, and your web site designer need to sit down together and thrash out what you want to happen on your website. Getting it wrong and trying to fix it later could be inconvenient and expensive and lose you lots of customers. Are you paying a proper company for this website design, in which case they should advise you?

Or is it some community college web whizz kid doing it for peanuts? In which case you get what you pay for.
0 Replies

happycat

Reply Sat 1 Sep, 2007 06:08 am
contrex wrote:
There are no rules. Different websites use those terms to mean different things. I have seen web sites where "contact us" takes you to a page of postal and email addresses, phone numbers, etc. I have seen others where it is actually a "mail to" link which opens up your email application with a new email window ready for you to start typing, with the company's email address already typed in. I prefer the former.

I agree. When I have a complaint or a comment, I'd much rather have a page full of choices of how and where I can contact the company.
0 Replies

Rayvatrap

Reply Sat 1 Sep, 2007 08:47 am
We are using the same company as Gap - the problem is that the owner and my boss (the owner) are friends and I think that is affecting the business relationship - I'm getting very frustrated with the designers.

I called a meeting for Tuesday morning with the designers to set things str8, since is my project I have to reclaim control of it or I will be stock with garbage through the year. Mad

Thank you very much for your replies.
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Sat 1 Sep, 2007 08:59 am
I have seen sites that have the "email us" and you click on that to email them. If I do click on it, I can't email them. It brings up an email application I don't even use. There is no pre-filled in email address for them so, there is no way for me to contact them.

Edit: I have to email someone else to click on it and email me back the email address of the company.
0 Replies