"Donations Only" Business Loophole?

echi

Reply Wed 29 Aug, 2007 11:26 am
A friend of mine is a long-time dental hygienist. She would like to open an independent practice, but, of course, that is not allowed by law (we are in Texas). While I was researching her problem online, I remembered a chiropractor I used to see who only accepted donations - no insurance, no fees of any kind. I never asked him why, but I assumed it was for some legal reason.(?)

Could a similar model allow a dental hygienist to operate independent of a supervising dentist?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 680 • Replies: 2
No top replies

fishin

Reply Wed 29 Aug, 2007 01:44 pm
I don't see anything in the TX statutes that mentions anything about "for pay" in the licensing requirements.

Depending on exactly what she is doing there may be ways to accomplish the same objective though.

For example, she probably can't claim to be perfoming "dental procedures" but she mihght be able to sneak in under some sort of "cosmetic care" storefront.

She needs to talk to a lawyer to deals with the state licensing folks and proceed with extereme caution. One way or anouther, if she sets up shop for herself she's going to get looked at closely and often.
0 Replies

echi

Reply Wed 29 Aug, 2007 01:56 pm
Thanks, fishin.
0 Replies