Temporary Folder

Reply Mon 27 Aug, 2007 08:51 pm
I've downloaded audio files and it automatically downloaded to the Temporary Folder. Now where can I find those files???

I can't find the Temporary Folder in my hard drive!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 706 • Replies: 9
No top replies

2PacksAday

Reply Mon 27 Aug, 2007 09:10 pm
Well, could be several places...but I'd start with the basic one on C:

Start/My Computer/{Local Disk} C:/Temp
0 Replies

Vonda1941

Reply Mon 27 Aug, 2007 09:10 pm
crickey.. we should all know the answer to this one... me included, but heck.. I forget. If you could remember the name of the audio file, even part of the name, you could then search for it, you know... > Start> Search>.. what do you want to search for... click onto Pictures, music or video... type in what you can remember of the name... once it is found you need to just follow the string or thread. I hope this helps. If you find it, maybe you might be able to save it elsewhere for easier location in the future.
:wink:
0 Replies

Jeremiah

Reply Mon 27 Aug, 2007 09:20 pm
Can I make a new folder and set that so all the files I downloaded goes to that particular folder I created?
0 Replies

2PacksAday

Reply Mon 27 Aug, 2007 10:07 pm
Yes you can.

The main thing to pay attention to when you are downloading something is, it will ask you where you want to put it....you can send it anywhere you want, but some place easily accessed is always the best.

Default is often "My Documents", and rightly so. For windows users of course.
0 Replies

Jeremiah

Reply Mon 27 Aug, 2007 10:29 pm
2PacksAday wrote:
Yes you can.

The main thing to pay attention to when you are downloading something is, it will ask you where you want to put it....you can send it anywhere you want, but some place easily accessed is always the best.

Default is often "My Documents", and rightly so. For windows users of course.

That's the problem! It never asks me where I want to put it! How can I make Windows ask me to do that?
0 Replies

Vonda1941

Reply Tue 28 Aug, 2007 12:07 am
Good question. I was wondering about that myself. In the meantime, have you managed to find what you were looking for? If so, please let us know. I've found "Temp" but not "Temporary Folder". Are they one and the same? I am assuming they are.
Have you found "Temp"? If so, is your audio file in there? I'm dying of curiousity.
0 Replies

2PacksAday

Reply Tue 28 Aug, 2007 03:16 am
If you right click on my avatar, a menu will pop up, when you select ...save picture as....a box will open, at the very top it will say

Save in: {x}

{x} could be, C, D, E, Desktop, My documents...etc...that is the destination of the file you are saving. My documents is a good place to keep things....easy to remember....and it should be pinned to your start menu, so it's also easy to find.

This is pretty much the basic setup for saving anything, if it is a program, it will ask if you want to Run, or Save...when you hit Save, it will ask the same question...where.

One thing you can do to find a file you just saved, and misplaced, is to save another, or at least mimic saving something else, most of the time it will show you the last place something was saved {x}. This does not always work, but when it does, it's a very quick way to find a lost saved file.
0 Replies

Jeremiah

Reply Tue 28 Aug, 2007 09:44 am
Vonda1941 wrote:
Good question. I was wondering about that myself. In the meantime, have you managed to find what you were looking for? If so, please let us know. I've found "Temp" but not "Temporary Folder". Are they one and the same? I am assuming they are.
Have you found "Temp"? If so, is your audio file in there? I'm dying of curiousity.

I fount Temp but no Temporary Folder. And nothing is on my Temp folder.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Tue 28 Aug, 2007 09:57 am
you could also search your harddrive for *.mp3 (or whatever file extension you downloaded)...
0 Replies