Quote!

Reply Sun 26 Aug, 2007 04:57 pm
I seen this in somebody's signature but don't get it, not sure if they spelt something wrong or nothing so i thought id post it here.

"Contradictions do not exist. Whenever you think that you are facing a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong." Ayn Rand
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 882 • Replies: 3
No top replies

contrex

Reply Mon 27 Aug, 2007 03:53 am
I would not take much notice of anything Ayn Rand wrote. Ayn Rand does seem to have her greatest following in the young nihilists who believe themselves to be the smartest person they've ever met. Her philosophy fits well with the "pox on both houses" mentality that above-average teenagers and 20-somethings possess.

An excuse to be selfish and a way to ignore the resulting guilt is always popular with the selfish and guilty.

I know people in their 30s who have just discovered Rand. I know one woman, 30 something black woman, who was angry that I found Atlas Shrugged both poor literature and a crappy philosophy.

What's interesting to me is that each of these 30somethings (about 4 that I can think of) think they have found some secret treasure trove, and when I've tried to point out how pedestrian it all is to me, they say I don't get it. I suppose I should ask, if I really cared what they thought, what it is they think I don't get?
0 Replies

CerealKiller

Reply Mon 27 Aug, 2007 04:33 am
Thay would be Phoenix.

It means that there are no such thing as contradictions. If it seems like there are contradictions, there is something wrong with the logic you are using to support your conclusion.
0 Replies

MC Kruger

Reply Mon 27 Aug, 2007 05:36 pm
Ok thanks alot guys
0 Replies