gone at last

ossobuco

Reply Tue 4 Sep, 2007 03:35 pm
BBB, Laughing

I have to say I just can't stand the layers of rich texture and sparkle in that photo of the jewelery shoppe and its denizens. Just exactly the kind of photo I hate so much...
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Tue 4 Sep, 2007 10:03 pm
ossobuco wrote:
BBB, Laughing

I have to say I just can't stand the layers of rich texture and sparkle in that photo of the jewelery shoppe and its denizens. Just exactly the kind of photo I hate so much...

It was a hateful drab place. No color at all. And I don't miss it, not one little bit......nor NY either. And I hate Portland too. Any city that has civil civil servants (this included, yes the DMV and the Post Office) should be off limits to naughty ole silly folks like B and me. Really sometimes I could just swear I'm living in the back lot of Paramount Pictures. Or maybe it's Mayberry 50 years later.

btw, osso.....do you still have those photos of the neon lights?

And uh.......BBB, the truth is about the naked dancing and the corrupution of Sally Dog..........it was Dog's idea and she was the most naked of all.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 4 Sep, 2007 10:33 pm
Lola, yes of course. Where I have the photos of the neon lights is the question, and then how to get them online. They were bizarre and wonderful. I have negs, and so on. Tap, tap...

Maybe your inquiry will edge me into some action.

Well, I'm acting, now that everything is here. Just not all so fast.

That was a weird stop for us. We'd just come through Death Valley in July, high temperature. In Vegas, we stayed at a cheesy place, an old named hotel, good from the front, cheesy two feet back. Thinking, the Stardust.

It turned out there was a labor strike in Vegas.

I come from labor. Be that as it may, I am interested in hotel and pool design. We crossed the lines, me thinking of myself as sort of a news person-designer, whatever year that was. Eh, we turned around in a few seconds. And just photo'd along the street.

My ex shot the best one, in front of then Caesar's Palace cattywampus.

Ah, I'll post 'em when I find them.
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Tue 4 Sep, 2007 10:50 pm
ossobuco wrote:

If you look carefully, there are two Bernies in that photo.
Shame I got the reading lamp in Lola's eye, though.... Embarrassed
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 4 Sep, 2007 10:55 pm
I thought of that lamp as some kind of great glasses, for a second...
but, not long.
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Wed 5 Sep, 2007 02:58 am
It's odd. I think it's a photo of Bernie, front and back, telling me what to do as usual. He knows it all, don't you know.

I just hate the man. Can't stand him. I especially hate his brown fedora.

Osso, at first I thought you had written that you had painted the neon lights. But photos are good, just as well. Do find them. I'm sure I'll hate them too.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Wed 5 Sep, 2007 07:55 am
BBB
http://www.coxandforkum.com/archives/CARI.McKinney.gif
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Wed 5 Sep, 2007 09:39 pm
he he he
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Thu 27 Sep, 2007 09:59 pm
dyslexia wrote:
In all fairness I have to say I phoned Lash while Bernie/Lola was here and she graciously spoke to both.

I should say here that Dys complained bitterly about Lola eating all his damn tomatoes and grapes.... What a hog..

It was a trip to speak to them. <smiles> Lovely!!
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Fri 28 Sep, 2007 06:38 am
It was a pleasure, lash. Hopefully, one day we can do it in person.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Fri 28 Sep, 2007 07:31 am
Counting on it, sweety.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » gone at last
  3. » Page 7
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/18/2024 at 08:37:37