gone at last

Reply Sun 26 Aug, 2007 11:53 am
thank god almighty they're gone at last, yes indeed the Bernie and Lola menage have finally left and are on their way home to Portland.
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1044/1241341073_2be6d09477_m.jpg
Bernie the Buddha

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1044/1241341073_2be6d09477.jpg

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1019/1241341797_16bc2fbee9.jpg
Queen Jane
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 4,295 • Replies: 130
No top replies

dagmaraka

Reply Sun 26 Aug, 2007 11:58 am
oh thank GOD. that must have been awful. you can just tell, given how morose everybody is. Even the dog was hating it.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 26 Aug, 2007 12:07 pm
They are nice. I never liked the dys, however. (But THAT dog is MY friend!)
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sun 26 Aug, 2007 12:28 pm
Well, as Mark Twain observed....

http://english.people.com.cn/200511/24/images/112405.jpg

They are a lovely couple, however.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Sun 26 Aug, 2007 12:41 pm
Exactly!

In fact, it was pretty amazing how much fun we had considering that we all dislike each other.

Oh, and Walter, you are right, Sally really likes you best, the ungrateful little bitch.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Sun 26 Aug, 2007 12:46 pm
Laughing

The Lady Di just said the B word, causing me to gasp and choke... then laugh.

Pfft. That Sally would be all over me like white on rice if we ever met. Not a single one of you would have a chance of being her facorite.

Good thing for ya'll that I don't like Dys and will never meet Sally.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 26 Aug, 2007 12:51 pm
By the by: I neither like Diane nor squinney, too.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Sun 26 Aug, 2007 12:55 pm
I'm puttin' you on my list of those I must meet now that you've said that, Walter!

Where were the photo's taken? That looks like a lovely spot.

edit: (the photo's of Lola and Bernie, not the fish.)
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 26 Aug, 2007 12:58 pm
Diane and dys' garden, a terrible place.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Sun 26 Aug, 2007 03:36 pm
Squinney, Dys will have to tell you about his original flock of flamingo's when he had his farm. Neighbors came from all around for the weekly flamingo gathering...
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 26 Aug, 2007 03:46 pm
I had a terrible time meeting them again too. It was soooo terrible I had to control my laughter...

Plus, y'know, that awful dog..

<moving from put-down mode, I have to share that Sally was, at one point, lolling on Diane's lap facing towards the electric fan. She looked over and stared at me for a while. I smiled at her. She gave me a wide grin. Tooooo cute!)
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Sun 26 Aug, 2007 04:06 pm
Ah yes, we tried our best not to like offo's company and especially her paintings. The oohs and ahs were mere polite noises. Her company was just terrible and we too had to control our laughter.

When Lola and Bernie get home, they will fill everyone in on their terrible time here.

Bumblebee has been busy keeping watch on her son's condition or she would be letting you all know what a terrible time she had at our BBQ and when Bernie and Jane visited her, Maddie and Dolly.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 26 Aug, 2007 04:13 pm
Ahem...
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Sun 26 Aug, 2007 04:20 pm
My bank account isn't large enough for what I have in mind, considering I don't like anything...however, since I have this overwhelming desire to buy one of your awful paintings, I'll start buying lottery tickets.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sun 26 Aug, 2007 07:55 pm
what I learned in the past 5 days; Bernie would (if he could) vote for any democrat just to piss off georgeob and Lola would comment "Bernie is still having fantasies regarding intricate relations with his mother and cigars"
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sun 26 Aug, 2007 08:01 pm
It was always my understanding that Bernie was a Republican and had donated generously to Bush's last campaign.

A Democrat you say?

Who woulda thunk?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 26 Aug, 2007 08:13 pm
I don't like anybody on a2k. Only the republicans of Tomball, Texas.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sun 26 Aug, 2007 10:16 pm
Wow! I sure am glad I wasn't there! :wink: Laughing
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Mon 27 Aug, 2007 12:09 am
Unfortunately, I was there..........and am I glad to be gone!

We hated it so much, we stayed three days instead of the planned one. You know how Dys is when he gets going! (Those fascinating stories and elegant hands) It was just awful. And Diane was so much fun, we almost split a gusset getting away. Yuck, I can't stand a good time in good company. Osso drank so much wine at dinner (not), we had to haul her back home and look at all her beautiful paintings. We of course DID NOT get stoned and drink too much sitting around on the back porch with Sally the dog. No siree, we did not! BBB was hospitable and showed us around her beautiful home. We saw several of her paintings that I was tempted to steal..........but BBB has an eagle eye.

Today, we took Dys' advice and headed out from New Mexico, through Arizona and on to Utah, Monument Valley and past Mexican Hat. We missed the lodge Dys told us about and continued on into the wilderness at dusk, looking for the never found lodge place. One could ask why we didn't notice on the map that there were no towns on our route, since we studied the map, but it would be useless to do so. When we came to that road Dys and Diane told us about (the one they were sure we would just love), the very narrow, two way gravel one with switch backs and falling rocks along the side of this huge piece of rock with a flat top, moving ever upward with a clear view of the horrific fall our car would take if we made the wrong move, we inched along at 5 to 10 mph, horrified that we might meet another car coming from the opposite direction in one of those switchbacks. Bernie, the erst while liberal "Democratic" Freudian (if a Canadian can belong to a U.S. political party and make sense of psychoanalytic theory) was driving, covering his eyes from fear. I had to slap him repeatedly to make him behave. And that was no fun at all. Fortunately, the light lasted long enough for us to make it to level ground. Then there were no towns........none, no motels to sleep in, no restaurants to invade. Just darkness. The good news is that we only yelled and told each other to shut up three times today. Finally we drove 32 miles out of our way to Blanding UT to find the desired little motel and restaurant run by two of five Mormon brothers (I would fill you in on the rest of their life history, but I haven't the time.) And that's where we are now, Bernie sleeping in bed and me playing computer games and writing long boring missives to my unpleasant and unruly friends on A2K.

And that's what we get for taking Dyslexia's advice. The scenery was so breath taking, we almost puked.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 27 Aug, 2007 01:36 am
I hope, Lola, you only loose, and please don't disturbe us with those stories anymore!

(I might make that tour sometime with those awfull person from Duke City - just to get the very same dreaful impression, with the desire to leave soon ...)
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » gone at last
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/18/2024 at 10:17:20