Monkeys terrorize Kenyan village

Reply Fri 24 Aug, 2007 05:11 pm
Nobody could make anything like this up:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/6959209.stm

The 2'nd Amendment is an idea whose time has come for the entire world and not just for the US. Arm those villagers, and the problem will evaporate.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 791 • Replies: 18
No top replies

dagmaraka

Reply Fri 24 Aug, 2007 05:13 pm
you mean 2nd ammendment of AMERICAN constitution? what do they care about that in kenya?

didn't you have an identical thread some time back about monkeys terrorizing some town in india?
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Fri 24 Aug, 2007 05:18 pm
Thanks for reminding me of that; that makes TWO places on the planet outside the US which could use the 2'nd amendment. At least two...
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Fri 24 Aug, 2007 05:20 pm
they have their own constitutions.
0 Replies

happycat

Reply Fri 24 Aug, 2007 06:33 pm
That sounds more like a supermarket tabloid story. It jumped the shark at sexually explicit gestures and sexual harrassment.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 24 Aug, 2007 08:52 pm
Maybe they should spray them all with DDT.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Fri 24 Aug, 2007 09:04 pm
DDT wouldn't hurt the monkeys any more than it hurts humans or eagles. What they want to spray them with is AK ammunition, i.e. 7.62x39...
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 24 Aug, 2007 09:07 pm
Um....... I'm speechless. Wait a minute, no I'm not. The monkeys are sexually harassing the women? Really? And we should shoot them for this? Or for destroying that poor farmer's scarecrow?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 24 Aug, 2007 09:31 pm
Ok, I'll be serious (like anyone asked). Kenyans used to live subsistence lifestyles. Then some things changed. All this is recollection of what I know, I haven't gone to research it.

They were colonized and became more sedentary putting them at odds with wildlife in new ways.
They destroyed wild animals' natural habitats.
They destroyed the balance of nature.
The international exotics and medicinal trades had them cashing in on exterminating their wildlife.
They destroyed the balance of nature some more.

They were threatened by lions, they killed many (not the man-eaters alone).
They were threatened by elephants, they killed many (not the crop-eaters alone).
They are being threatened by monkeys - will they kill many, not just the crop-eaters (do you really think they are sexually harassing the women? I think it's an excuse to kill them off)?
After the monkeys are gone, will they have to have massive killings of mice? And insects? And bats? Who will pollinate their crops?

This is the problem, as I see it. Ecosystems are just that: systems. There is a food chain/web. It's self-sustaining if left alone. Animals need to be in balance or they over-run. We do a very poor job of husbandry in the wild. It's either all or nothing.

So, who will pollinate the crops when it comes to that?
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Fri 24 Aug, 2007 09:36 pm
Wow, some of the monkeys have even learned how to post messages on the internet and some have learned to shoot machine guns!

What amazing creatures these terrorist monkeys are! Confused
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Fri 24 Aug, 2007 09:48 pm
The 64,000 Dollar Question here: Where is SNOOD on this one??

Snood, you around? I mean, doncha think there might be just the tiniest bit of some sort of a RACISM angle here (unless anybody is naive enough to think those Kenyans on their own dreamed up the idea of declaring those monkeys a protected species and **** the black villagers who get pillaged, terrorized and harrassed)?

I mean, aside from everything else, providing those villagers with weapons would have the immediate effect of providing any ecologists or other envirowhacks who might actually give a rat's ass about those monkeys a real incentive to try to move the fuckers someplace where they either won't have humans to harass or can harass humans more like their own ilk (e.g. Gaza)...
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 24 Aug, 2007 09:50 pm
Um, pot calling kettle, hello? hello?
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Sat 25 Aug, 2007 08:17 am
What this is, basically, is one of the most hateful of the left's arsenal of hateful ideas, i.e. the idea that animals always count for more than people or that there are simply too many people on the planet for Gaea to be happy, and the numbers have to be reduced. And you can bet the farm that amongst the first groups of people to get thrown under the train on this one you will find the poor and dark-skinned of the world.
0 Replies

happycat

Reply Sat 25 Aug, 2007 08:21 am
gungasnake wrote:
What this is, basically, is one of the most hateful of the left's arsenal of hateful ideas, i.e. the idea that animals always count for more than people or that there are simply too many people on the planet for Gaea to be happy, and the numbers have to be reduced. And you can bet the farm that amongst the first groups of people to get thrown under the train on this one you will find the poor and dark-skinned of the world.

whoa. that was a weird post.

wasn't this thread about crazy-ass monkeys?
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Sat 25 Aug, 2007 08:39 am
happycat wrote:
gungasnake wrote:

whoa. that was a weird post.

wasn't this thread about crazy-ass monkeys?

Not really. The thread is about crazy-ass GOVERNMENTS which refuse to allow people to defend themselves from wildlife (or from anything else for that matter).

Here you have a group of people who would naturally be self reliant and self sufficient being made into wards of the state (and presumably into. owned voting blocks ) by a feral government and leftwing ideology.
0 Replies

happycat

Reply Sat 25 Aug, 2007 12:07 pm
ok gungasnake, go blast the monkeys to hell. It would probably be a fair fight; you and your guns against 300 monkeys.

Do it Scarface style.
"Say hello to my leetle friend"
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Sat 25 Aug, 2007 12:10 pm
Laughing
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Sat 25 Aug, 2007 01:29 pm
Shouldn't this be part of the "Don't tell me there's no proof of evolution" thread?

I mean, the monkeys seem to be evolving into men!
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Sat 25 Aug, 2007 01:36 pm
Aside from everything else we've clearly underestimated the intelligence of many of the "lower animals".
0 Replies