Is the Kaspersky anti-virus safe???

Reply Wed 22 Aug, 2007 11:57 pm
Hi
Recently, I had replaced McAfee with Kaspersky (ver ???) on my laptop because I had a problem with the muha worm - something that kaspersky could heal but McAfee could not.
After the installation, everything seemed to be fine. Muha got deleted from my system and also some others. But kaspersky also started flagging some of my device driver files (as well as plenty of other win32 files) as also being infected with a worm called 'sality'.
Finally, I was left with no option but to format all my drives and reinstall windows xp. After installing my drivers once again afresh, I installed kaspersky and ran a virus scan...you guessed it didnt you?...the result was just the same...the SAME driver files and the SAME win32 files were reported to be infected by 'sality'.
and one more thing... K seems to work fine with all my other colleagues' systems.
So what do you think? Is that a problem with my hardware drivers or with K itself?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 654 • Replies: 5
No top replies

Intrepid

Reply Thu 23 Aug, 2007 03:40 am
Sality is a virus with keylogging and back door capabilities. It may infect executable files by prepending its code to host files.

Could be attached to the drivers you are loading. Question
0 Replies

pararover

Reply Fri 24 Aug, 2007 01:27 am
thanx intrepid.
it WAS indeed attached to the .exe files of 6 of my drivers. i have therefore now downloaded the latest drivers from the internet. hope this works.
0 Replies

meky

Reply Fri 24 Aug, 2007 02:46 am
NOD is better
Try NOD, I mean it's the best antivirus...
0 Replies

Heliotrope

Reply Tue 28 Aug, 2007 02:31 pm
Kaspersky Internet Security 7 appears in reviews to be the best solution.
0 Replies

pararover

Reply Thu 30 Aug, 2007 11:35 pm
can i try Kaspersky 7 for free?
0 Replies