Question
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Fri 24 Aug, 2007 12:31 am
stevewonder wrote:
didnt even know they had an army.
When did the Swiss ever have a war???

Question

The Swiss have a militia system that is very much like what the Founding Fathers intended that the US have.

Next time the anti-Freedom movement makes an argument that the Second Amendment only applies to militiamen, keep this in mind.

The anti-Freedom movement is against militiamen having guns as well.

I wish they'd take the gun banners down to Guantanamo and torture them along with the terrorists.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 24 Aug, 2007 01:33 am
stevewonder wrote:

Since they became the oldest still existing democracy in the world, in 1291.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 24 Aug, 2007 01:36 am
oralloy wrote:

Next time the anti-Freedom movement makes an argument that the Second Amendment only applies to militiamen, keep this in mind.

I wish they'd take the gun banners down to Guantanamo and torture them along with the terrorists.

Is, in your opinion, the USA in charge of the Swiss laws and rights?

When should the US invade Switzerland and capture those Swiss citizens?

What about the Swiss citizens, who decided (sic! This report is only about the army weapons!) such?

And referring to the above quoted dw-report:
Quote:
A proposal to restrict the ownership of firearms in Switzerland received an adamant response from, mainly American, readers.
Here's what they had to say.

Btw: how many US-servicemen and reservists have their weapons at home?
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Fri 24 Aug, 2007 02:06 am
Walter Hinteler wrote:
oralloy wrote:

Is, in your opinion, the USA in charge of the Swiss laws and rights?

No, but I sincerely hope that our gun rights community will run ads in Switzerland to rally Swiss patriots to defeat this monstrosity.

Walter Hinteler wrote:

When should the US invade Switzerland and capture those Swiss citizens?

We shouldn't.

I wasn't really thinking of a concrete plan on how to ship gun banners to Guantanamo. Were we really to do so, we should probably focus on capturing domestic gun banners. But if Switzerland wanted to round up their gun banners and asked if we could hold them at Guantanamo for them, I'd be willing to provide that service for them.

Walter Hinteler wrote:
(sic! This report is only about the army weapons!)

I know. That's what makes it worse. It is the first time the gun banners have sought to disarm militia and not just civilians.

And I fear that the gun rights movement will not see this as a cause to defend because it isn't civilians.

It certainly shows that the gun banners shouldn't be trusted when they say they support the right of militiamen to be armed.

Walter Hinteler wrote:
Btw: how many US-servicemen and reservists have their weapons at home?

None of them (though they may have their own private weapons).

And there is no militia either. This is a crime against the Constitution, which mandates that the US have a militia system much like the Swiss have.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 24 Aug, 2007 02:16 am
Switzerland doesn't have a militia but an army organsed as a militia:

Swiss Constituion:
Quote:
Art. 58 Army
1 Switzerland shall have an army. The army shall be organized, in principle, as a militia.

And: the Swiss citizens voted in 2005 pro these "gun laws" when saying 'yes' to joining the Schengen treaty (but that's just privat gun ownership related).
0 Replies

roger

Reply Fri 24 Aug, 2007 08:27 am
stevewonder wrote:
When did the Swiss ever have a war???

Question

They don't have an army; they are an army.

Swiss gun laws vary from one canton to another as widely as New York City and New Mexico.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 24 Aug, 2007 08:30 am
roger wrote:
Swiss gun laws vary from one canton to another as widely as New York City and New Mexico.

No. It's federal not cantonal law: "Bundesgesetz über Waffen, Waffenzubehör und Munition (Waffengesetz, WG)".
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Fri 24 Aug, 2007 10:11 am
i thought the terrorists in Guantanamo are not tortured. That's what third countries are for. Maybe we should send those anti-gunners to Libya or sumthin.
0 Replies