This is a serious question about flushing Australia toilets

lezzles

Reply Tue 21 Aug, 2007 04:31 pm
Okay kids, you can stop worrying about this problem!

As part of my daily regime I take a couple of scientology pills every morning (you know, scientology = L Ron Hubbard = dianetics = diuretics)
so I thought I would be in an excellent position to check this out, as I flush the toilet about forty times a day. (half flush, of course!).

It goes straight down. :wink:

(Of course, this is probably due to the combination of toilet design and half flush water usage, but I tried to do my bit for scientific research {and to please squinney}.)

Oh, and Margo, I do hope you washed your paws last time you came in from digging in the garden!!

Speaking of wind and water directions, I was always under the impression that the 'eye' of a hurricane or cyclone (depending on where it is in relation to the equator) was a relatively calm area. But descriptions of Dean on the news and other such storms lately speak of the 'eye' as being the fiercest part.

So what do you brains say to this one, huh?
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Tue 21 Aug, 2007 06:33 pm
lezzles, you are such dear. Thank you.

Re the eye... I dunno. I always thought of it as a merry go round. In the center the force isn't as "pulling" although you can still get sick. The outside of the merry go round... HOLD ON!!!
0 Replies

margo

Reply Tue 21 Aug, 2007 09:30 pm
lezzles wrote:
Oh, and Margo, I do hope you washed your paws last time you came in from digging in the garden!!

Litter tray, puhleeaase!
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Wed 22 Aug, 2007 08:37 am
It's the edges of the eye of the hurricane that are the worst. At least that's what everything I've read has to say.
0 Replies

lezzles

Reply Thu 23 Aug, 2007 01:52 am
Thanks Montana. I once saw a movie and the heroine (of course, everyone thought she was a goner) had saved herself by getting her boat into the eye and travelling along with the storm till it dissipated. (I do suspect a teensy weensy bit of Hollywood bs there!) Rolling Eyes
0 Replies