is it illegal to evade on officer before a stop is initiated

OGIONIK

Reply Tue 14 Aug, 2007 05:22 am
if i evade a police officer before he can initiate a stop is that illegal?

police from the downtown station drive one direction to the country jail usually, and they always have to u-turn before they can stop me.

i was just asking because the other day instead of sitting there i hopped a wall and circled around my block so he wouldnt see me.

just wondering whether it was gonna lead to me getting tased or not.
even though im not doing anything illegal, just walking usually.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 864 • Replies: 9
No top replies

Chai

Reply Tue 14 Aug, 2007 10:51 am
You're a wild man OGIONIK

If they would let me in the Triads, I would swoop down in my helicopter and air lift you away.
0 Replies

OGIONIK

Reply Wed 15 Aug, 2007 03:35 am
LOL. that 15 minute stop for him is a 45 minute bus wait for me Sad
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Wed 15 Aug, 2007 10:44 am
Re: is it illegal to evade on officer before a stop is initi
OGIONIK wrote:

To "evade" a police officer there would have to be some indictation that the police officer had made some sort of attempt at following/finding you.

If they had flipped on their lights/siren or yelled for you to stop and you ran it could be evasion.

Otherwise, it's just you going about your way...
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 15 Aug, 2007 10:46 am
Re: is it illegal to evade on officer before a stop is initi
OGIONIK wrote:

Is he looking for you? has he indicated that he wants you to stop?
0 Replies

OGIONIK

Reply Sat 18 Aug, 2007 07:38 am
not, intentionally? but they have giveaways

but im 90% sure when a cop passes me if hes going to stop me or not.
Its all bout the sound of the engine and how the tires squeal.

But i know they are going to stop me.

1 time a female cop stopped amd and a friend for absolutely no reason, i mean i dont know wtf but she stopped us got our info, tried to manipulate us into saying something so she could get probably cause to search us( i mean what else can "dont you guys get scared in this neighbhorhood? dont you carry weapons ?" REALLY mean?), she called me some names and said i looked like i did meth then she left.
As soon as she started her u-turn i knew i could just pass thru a broken fence and she would have a 3 block detour before she could pull up to me in her car. i didnt because i am honestly scared to death its going to be a police officer, not a gangster, who shoots me for the first time.

i hope she gets hit by a truck. even if she was sorta hot. and no im not kidding, i really hope she gets hit by a truck.

And another time my homegirl dropped me off at my house and cop did his "im on your ass im trying to make your nervous im gonna follow really close and be a dick and probablly actually stop you " manuever like 1/2 block before my house, we turned into my driveway and got out and put the luggage inside, and he was just sitting outside waiting for us i guess, i dont know. It was funny because she pulled into the driveway so fast i dont even think he noticed because he was typing in our license or something on his computer. it could have looked suspicious, but i mean my house is in the same spot every time i drive by it so...

I mean once we got inside could he have pulled us over? i kept expecting the flashing lights but i wasnt gonna stop what i was doing so i can prepare to be stopped. and once i was inside i wasnt gonna go out .
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Sat 18 Aug, 2007 08:21 am
OGIONIK wrote:
not, intentionally? but they have giveaways

but im 90% sure when a cop passes me if hes going to stop me or not.
Its all bout the sound of the engine and how the tires squeal.

But i know they are going to stop me.

Your state of mind (i.e. what you think/know) is pretty much irrelevant to your original question until the point where they actually give a reasonable indication that they intend to stop you. A car engine speeding up or slowing down doesn't do it. A siren or verbal direction to stop would.

Quote:
I mean once we got inside could he have pulled us over? i kept expecting the flashing lights but i wasnt gonna stop what i was doing so i can prepare to be stopped. and once i was inside i wasnt gonna go out .

If you are inside a house then you aren't being "pulled over". If a cop as reasonable cause they can certianly knock on the door and ask you questions. You, of course, aren't required to answer them...
0 Replies

OGIONIK

Reply Sat 18 Aug, 2007 08:40 am
I JUST WANTED TO KNOW IF I GOT OUT OF SIGHT BEFORE HE COULD INITIATE A STOP IF THAT COULD BE CONSIDERED EVASION OR SOMETHING.

being tasered doesnt sound fun, either does waiting for the idiots to run my information only to find out my record is 100% clean, for like i think im going on 20-25 stops within the last 6 months.

LOL, i just got hwy they call it "the trap"

meet me at the TRAP its goin down!!!!!!!!!!1
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Sat 18 Aug, 2007 08:42 am
OGIONIK wrote:
she called me some names and said i looked like i did meth then she left..

Well no sh!t.

I just checked out his myspace page.

AHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

You look mad fresh wit' yo hat cocked to the side, SON!
0 Replies

OGIONIK

Reply Sat 18 Aug, 2007 08:45 am
LOL. yeah im g. i know i know.

If i had my hat OFF you would have an ever better laugh!

well when my hair is fro-style.
0 Replies