help me please!

Reply Tue 7 Aug, 2007 08:57 am
hi everyone that reads this topic the problem is i study computer science in second year now but i found that i'm not good in computer science ,other hands i like business very much so i don't know it is good or not for me to change subject from computer science to business administration the problems is i think it will waste the time if i begin again in business and another is i scare of unemployment if i choose to study business caz my country(laos) is have so much people that graduate in this field and many of them cannot find job, in one reason i think computer science is very important and useable for our world today thus i don't how to do so i just want all of your comments to help me decide and i will be appreciate all of you alot.
best regards.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,682 • Replies: 7
No top replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 7 Aug, 2007 09:05 am
Never spend time preparing for a profession if it is something that you don't love. You spend a great deal of your life at work, and it is important that you be happy with yout career. There are many things that you can do with a business degree.

I realize that English is not your native language. If you are preparing for a field where you will have to communicate in English, IMO you need to study English more extensively. Your thread was written in one run on sentence, with no punctuation.

Good luck in your studies, and welcome to A2K! Very Happy
0 Replies

Coolwhip

Reply Tue 7 Aug, 2007 09:20 am
I would recommend that you finish up so you have some sort of written proof that you are competent within computer science. If not, that you've just wasted two years. After that you could start with business school.

Than you will have an advantage to those who only studied business, and you'll probably have less trouble finding a job.

If you can afford it.
0 Replies

oudalone

Reply Wed 8 Aug, 2007 08:53 am
thank you poenix and coolwhip for your kind now u help me alot but actually i finish second year already and have summer now next semester i'm on third year if i finish third year i will get diploma in computer science and if i get out to study business i can continue in 3rd year from whole course 5year caz it is private college anyway i want to continue till i get diploma deegree and then think again ;do u know that this time in my country they very need IT for develop and if i can do it ,that's will be good for me the reason that i don't like computer science coz it's very hard for me but how do we know if i study hard than this maybe it will be easy for me!
0 Replies

plungerman

Reply Wed 15 Aug, 2007 09:56 am
Your first degree is usually just evidence to an employer that you can sit still long enough to master a subject and so, should be a reliable employee. Any job will require much more than can be learned in school. Even if IT is no longer your main interest it can be your way to get into interviews and jobs with a business back-end. By all means go for the business courses as soon as you can. You must find a job with your passion no matter how many others complain about no work. I got my B.S. in EE and the entire time the job market was either too full, or not enough people to fill the jobs. I only need work for one and anything besides EE is a waste of my time. You can't predict the future. All you can do is what is right for you yourself. Get to Your Subject and don't look back. Also study English. it will make all the difference.
0 Replies

oudalone

Reply Sun 19 Aug, 2007 08:55 am
plungerman wrote:
Your first degree is usually just evidence to an employer that you can sit still long enough to master a subject and so, should be a reliable employee. Any job will require much more than can be learned in school. Even if IT is no longer your main interest it can be your way to get into interviews and jobs with a business back-end. By all means go for the business courses as soon as you can. You must find a job with your passion no matter how many others complain about no work. I got my B.S. in EE and the entire time the job market was either too full, or not enough people to fill the jobs. I only need work for one and anything besides EE is a waste of my time. You can't predict the future. All you can do is what is right for you yourself. Get to Your Subject and don't look back. Also study English. it will make all the difference.

thank you plungerman now i need to do it's just study business right? yeah i think that's a good idea i will think it carefully before decide ; my new terms is in october so more two months to think ;the point that's i want to know is it good or not if i continue IT and when i finish bachelor then i continue in MBA actually my course that i major it's "business for computing" that's mean i have chance to study accounting ,business organization;management information systems and so on so i can combine between business and IT together anyway how do u think if u come back to read please give ur idea or other people that read this i welcome all your comments thank you.
0 Replies

oudalone

Reply Thu 27 Sep, 2007 08:25 pm
time has end
new semester begin already i now in 3rd years of computer science i decide to study till the end of 3rd year so i can get diploma in IT , i think too much so maybe i cannot decide which way to go ;but anyway after this third year i decide to continue in business like i used to dream. it very hard for me to think about it it's my mistake to choose wrong subject since begin at university but i hope this time i think i will not wrong again!

0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Fri 28 Sep, 2007 11:05 am
Oudalone--

Good luck. Remember, life (and change) aren't finished when you graduate.
0 Replies