Which Trilogy Was the Best?

Reply Mon 6 Aug, 2007 03:59 pm
of all the movie trilogies this summer...which one do you think is the best all around. if you don't remember the trilogies..
Shrek 1-3 (making a 4th and 5th)
The Bourne Identity movies 1-3
Spider-man 1-3
Die Hard (although not a trilogy but had more than 2 movies)
Pirates of the Carribean 1-3

i think i named them all haha. my pick would be...
The Bourne movies 1-3.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,487 • Replies: 25
No top replies

Coolwhip

Reply Mon 6 Aug, 2007 04:04 pm
Pirates of the caribbean...
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Mon 6 Aug, 2007 05:58 pm
"Bourne" but by just a nose over "Pirates." It's difficult to even compare them -- spy action thriller against outright fantasy. The third "Shrek" was very weak. "Spiderman" is also probably nose-to-nose with "Pirates." "Die Hard" died hard with the weak part two and three.
0 Replies

lovejoy

Reply Tue 7 Aug, 2007 06:55 am
Back to the future was the best trilogy ever
0 Replies

onyxelle

Reply Tue 7 Aug, 2007 06:56 am
Bourne shouldn't count, there's another 1 coming...

but definitely BOURNE...
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Tue 7 Aug, 2007 07:11 am
lovejoy wrote:
Back to the future was the best trilogy ever

Agreed, good clean all round family entertainment.

ALso like the
original Star wars trilogy.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Tue 7 Aug, 2007 07:15 am
The forum has had a thread on the best trilolgy and the best franchise. "The Lord of the Rings" won by several lengths on the trilogy and James Bond on the franchise. LOTR is logical just because of the enormous box office, the over 90% critical acclaim, three Oscar nominations and one win, and its standing on the IMDb user chart. Nothing else even comes close.

However, there was no LOTR movie this year -- also no "Back to the Future" or "Star Wars" which has unfortunately grown way past a trilogy when it would have probably been best to leave well enough alone. The third weakest of the first trilogy could be why if couldn't overtake LOTR. I often wonder why Lucas couldn't come up with something other than another Death Star for the Part VI episode -- that was one of several elements that pulled it out of an A list.
0 Replies

OGIONIK

Reply Tue 7 Aug, 2007 08:01 am
STAR WARS! seriously bourne movies were cool, but oddly boring, i saw the last one on bootleg thoguh so i dont wnt to comment officially.

pirates was AWESOME! i forget the main dudes name but he is a great actor.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Tue 7 Aug, 2007 08:09 am
Actually, the original poster, and welcome to A2K incidentally, has asked about trilogies which had a movie released in 2007.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Tue 7 Aug, 2007 08:10 am
I saw The Bourne Ultimatum last night and wasn't impressed. The first one still remains the best of the bunch. This last one seemed to be a half dozen frenetic vignettes separated by mere seconds of substance.
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Tue 7 Aug, 2007 08:13 am
So no Lord of the Rings fans here? That is a pretty good trilogy! If you like that kind of thing!
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 7 Aug, 2007 08:15 am
The Godfather- Two out of the three were fabulous, while the third was very good.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Tue 7 Aug, 2007 08:18 am
Re: Which Trilogy Was the Best?
LeChefLolita wrote:
of all the movie trilogies this summer...which one do you think is the best all around. if you don't remember the trilogies..
Shrek 1-3 (making a 4th and 5th)
The Bourne Identity movies 1-3
Spider-man 1-3
Die Hard (although not a trilogy but had more than 2 movies)
Pirates of the Carribean 1-3

i think i named them all haha. my pick would be...
The Bourne movies 1-3.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Tue 7 Aug, 2007 08:20 am
You have your quoting skill down to a science, Lightwizard.
0 Replies

Coolwhip

Well, I thought we were to choose from the list... not vote for best trilogies of all time.

However, nobody mentioned the matrix trilogy. It's not great but still pretty ok.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Did you have a point?
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Tue 7 Aug, 2007 08:21 am
mismi40 wrote:
So no Lord of the Rings fans here? That is a pretty good trilogy! If you like that kind of thing!

Okay, you guys, are you posting without reading the discussion?

Posted: Tue 07 Aug, 2007 6:15 am Post: 2797528 -

The forum has had a thread on the best trilolgy and the best franchise. "The Lord of the Rings" won by several lengths on the trilogy and James Bond on the franchise. LOTR is logical just because of the enormous box office, the over 90% critical acclaim, three Oscar nominations and one win, and its standing on the IMDb user chart. Nothing else even comes close.

However, there was no LOTR movie this year -- also no "Back to the Future" or "Star Wars" which has unfortunately grown way past a trilogy when it would have probably been best to leave well enough alone. The third weakest of the first trilogy could be why if couldn't overtake LOTR. I often wonder why Lucas couldn't come up with something other than another Death Star for the Part VI episode -- that was one of several elements that pulled it out of an A list.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 7 Aug, 2007 08:27 am
Coolwhip wrote:
Well, I thought we were to choose from the list... not vote for best trilogies of all time.

However, nobody mentioned the matrix trilogy. It's not great but still pretty ok.

You are right- I jumped in in the middle of the thread, without looking at the beginning. Actually, I have only seen one third of the listed triologies, the second Bourne. I was not impressed!
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Tue 7 Aug, 2007 08:28 am
Embarrassingly enough - I did not read it well. Please forgive me. I like Pirates of the Carribean best out of all the releases this summer. Good detailed explanation pointing out my stupidity though. You feel better?
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Tue 7 Aug, 2007 08:31 am
I'm sorry for being so hard on LightWizard. Like Phoenix, I, too, am guilty of skipping over material.

I feel so ashamed. And cheap.
0 Replies