Kevin Leffler film "Shooting Michael Moore"

Reply Mon 30 Jul, 2007 08:30 am
What I find interesting about this film is that Leffler used the techniques made famous by Moore. The tactics described in Leffler's film do not take away from the central themes of Moore's films.---BBB

July 29, 2007
Filmmaker, "Shooting Michael Moore"
Kevin Leffler
C-SPAN Q&A Podcasts

Watch Program - Read Transcript
http://www.q-and-a.org/Program/?ProgramID=1138

Info: A critic of filmmaker Michael Moore, Kevin Leffler discusses his new documentary, "Shooting Michael Moore". Mr. Leffler says he knew Michael Moore as a young adult and attended high school with him in Michigan. In his film, Mr. Leffler examines Michael Moore's work while utilizing some of Moore's well known production techniques.

BIO:
CURRENT:

· Owner of Kevin L. Leffler, CPA, PC. His CPA practice has 3 employees and concentrates mainly on small businesses. Also does a large number of individual tax returns (since 1990)

· Tenured Assistant Professor- Baker College-Flint. Baker college is the largest private college in Michigan (35,000 students) (since 1990)

NOTE:
He won the "Audience Choice Award" at the 2007 Flint, Michigan Film Festival for this documentary.

PREVIOUS:

· Divisional Controller, Perry Drugstores. Perry Drugstores was the largest drugstore chain in MI. (Bought out by Rite-Aid) (1987-90)

· Senior Financial Analyst, GM World Headquarters (1982-87)
· Certified Public Accountant- Peat, Marwick, Main & Co. Peat, Marwick is one of the worlds largest CPA firms (1979-82)

OTHER:

· Served on the Davison, MI School Board for 12 years and held a variety of officer positions including president.

· Established and is President of the Davison Educational Foundation (DEF). DEF is a non-profit foundation dedicated to helping the school children of Davison. DEF has over $1,7000,000 and has given away over $250000 to the children of Davison.

EDUCATION:

· BBA degree, University of Michigan-Flint, 1979-- Accounting major

· M.B.A. degree, Wayne State University, 1990- - Finance major

PERSONAL:

Born and lived all of his life in Davison, Michigan. Married with two children, Jessica and Nicholas.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,654 • Replies: 2
No top replies

takeactionnow

Reply Thu 30 Aug, 2007 12:36 pm
Kevin Leffler and Shooting Michael Moore
Yeah about time someone brought that lazy no talent non-American bast__d down!!! When I see or even hear of Michael Moore I can spit nails....

I dare him to come after me....he does not represent the little people he spits on the American flag, he completely scams and then shuns the people that he has exploited and hollywood loves him...what a jerk!!! If you hate Michael Moore as much as I do you will actively inform and advertise Kevin Leffler's movie....

MM needs to go down!!!

In the meantime, I am thinking about doing my own expose documentary on companies that hire illegals then post them on youtube....This illegal invasion needs to stop before us American citizens "lose" our country...
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 30 Aug, 2007 08:30 pm
Drop out the lure and the creatures from under the mossy bridge doth come.

Leffler's aping of Michael Moore's cinematic style is as much a homage thanj any kind of indictment. It could possibly win an award if there were an Iowa Film Festival.
0 Replies