Reply Thu 31 Jul, 2003 01:29 am
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,485 • Replies: 14
No top replies

gingy

Reply Thu 31 Jul, 2003 10:39 am
sounds like a plain old bellief to me. every one has beliefs. and no one's beliefs are more powerful or valid than anyone else's/

except someone is probably right.

since no one knows who is right. we can only assume all beleifs could be valid.

it is up to each person to try to peruse what is the right course.

don't worry about the name of a religion, just try to follow what you think is the right course--not based on anything but what is right, not what you want or need.

that is hard for anyone to do.but we can all try.
0 Replies

THe ReDHoRN

Reply Thu 31 Jul, 2003 10:57 am
TEll your cousin if he should ever establish his own religion and were to turn it in to an occult. I would be more than happy to rent out some farming property with a country house as a location so all the followers can live there and make Jelly!
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Thu 31 Jul, 2003 11:09 am
Sounds an awful lot like they've just added reincarnation to Taosim and the quotes you listed all could easily fit within Taoist concepts.
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Thu 31 Jul, 2003 12:49 pm
Re: A question for a friend.
Here are some quotes from the Tao Te Jing which speak to at least part of your cousin's ideas.

NNY wrote:

from the Tao Te Jing - 1
The unnamable is the eternally real.
Naming is the origin
of all particular things.

Free from desire, you realize the mystery.
Caught in desire, you see only the manifestations.

Yet mystery and manifestations
arise from the same source.
This source is called darkness.

NNY wrote:
Every man has within him good and evil, but it is the man who decides which shall shine through. But the ultimate measure of a man is the measure of respect others have for him and he has for others.

from the TTJ - 5
The Tao doesn't take sides;
it gives birth to both good and evil.
The Master doesn't take sides;
she welcomes both saints and sinners.

from the TTJ - 8
When you are content to be simply yourself
and don't compare or compete,
everybody will respect you.

NNY wrote:

The chase of gain is rich in hate. This life offers many questions but few answers. But the object of life is to find answers and happiness. Happiness is often found, but answers are far more elusive.

from the TTJ - 2
Therefore the Master
acts without doing anything
and teaches without saying anything.
Things arise and she lets them come;
things disappear and she lets them go.
She has but doesn't possess,
acts but doesn't expect.
When her work is done, she forgets it.
That is why it lasts forever.
0 Replies

NNY

Reply Thu 31 Jul, 2003 11:02 pm
I LOVE JELLO
Bill Cosby always talkin about the hippet hoppety and the rap music and the wife...

Oh yes.. um.. I think he was getting the quotes out of a book he recently acquired about Eastern philosophies.

It's mostly Taoism, with a few Buddhist accents and something involoving jello.
0 Replies

gingy

Reply Thu 31 Jul, 2003 11:07 pm
Quote:
TEll your cousin if he should ever establish his own religion and were to turn it in to an occult. I would be more than happy to rent out some farming property with a country house as a location so all the followers can live there and make Jelly!

watch out jimmy jone's are all over the place. i think pat robinson is going to start a cult Sad

if he shows up do NOT. is say do NOT rent to his bunch.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 1 Aug, 2003 07:23 am
You cannot be angry at jello. Think about this . Maybe there is something here that we can use.

JELLLL_LLLO
0 Replies

BoGoWo

Reply Fri 1 Aug, 2003 09:32 am
hellomelloyellowjellofellow;

un unusual name for a religion but.........

NNY; could i ask why your cousin (sure your cousin, eh, right!)
:wink: want his/her philosophy of life 2b referred 2 as a religion?
religions are born upon rationalizing supernatural assumptions about the 'unknown'.
unless s/he wishes 2 start a cult, and gather like minded (or in the case of most cults, 'non'minded) supporters, to seem 2 justify the ideas.

the point of a personal philosophy is 2 'para'think ideas which appeal, and have the 'ring' of truth, and codify how 1 wishes 2 live 1,s life.
0 Replies

NNY

Reply Fri 1 Aug, 2003 11:35 pm
He IS my cousin ye of little faith. By definition I should have no faith either though so.... AAAAAAARG

He actually used to be on this forum, his name was like zman## or something like that but he was kicked off for talking about poop.

He wants his philosophy to be a religion because he wants disciples. Not really cult like, he just wants to one day become dictator of the world. It's really neat, he has maps!

I bought a wobbly head pen thing today. It's head wobbles.

Why doesn't anyone use these smileys? Exclamation Question Idea Arrow
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 2 Aug, 2003 03:46 am
he needs to get some miracles under his belt. That way people willgive money. Money is good to a religion. It allows the ministry to live in an appropriate style that reinforces station over the laity.
then hes gotta come up with some sort of personal revelations. These are good too , the simpler the better. You wanna sell lots of bumper stickers (see reference above about money)

Then come up with some different dietary restrictions, loike.
"One can only eat lime jeelll lllo in the tub. One must be sanctified and totally clean to partake of the lsacred lime jeell lllo"

That wobbly head pen is talking about you behind your back.
0 Replies

BoGoWo

Reply Sun 3 Aug, 2003 09:44 am
yup u right; i appologize 4 the "cousin...sure" thing
chalk it up 2 humour;

now if you could get him to incorporate farmerman's 'entertainment quality' into his presentations to the convertees, he'd b on2 something;
and i suggest he give everyone a wiggly head pencil with the name of the new religion stenciled accross its little bum!

i have a squeezy head pencil; the eyes explode when you squeeze the head;
pure unmitigated sleeze!
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 3 Aug, 2003 01:51 pm
is bogowo inventing a new language here? (he axed)
0 Replies

BoGoWo

Reply Mon 4 Aug, 2003 10:36 am
farmerman behold:
[as an aside i should add a disclaimer here with respect 2 my "Buggered English"
http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=10173&start=0
that i have adopted, and refer all 2 such thread under "English", where u can grasp my purpose, and add your comments (please); if my text is generally considered unreadable, then i have failed in my intent, and will adjust 2 suit, or quit]
0 Replies

gingy

Reply Tue 23 Sep, 2003 05:14 pm
and what of those "christians" that are phonies.

they belong to a real religion they just don't all practice it.
0 Replies