Swimpy

Reply Wed 18 Jul, 2007 06:10 am
Maybe true, jes. I'm planning to use old yogurt containers, so I don'yt care about the containers. I do care if there is an effect on the pickles, however. I haven't found anything that says don't use food grade plastic. I'll report back with my results.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 18 Sep, 2008 03:18 pm
@Swimpy,
There's more bruhaha in the last few weeks about bisphenol in plastic, an update from bisphenol bruhahas of a year or so ago. I think you can get plastic without it, but as said earlier, I'm a glass person.
Swimpy

Reply Thu 18 Sep, 2008 03:27 pm
@ossobuco,
I never did make those pickles.
ossobuco

Reply Thu 18 Sep, 2008 04:03 pm
@Swimpy,
Smiles.. (Have you seen Alex's pickle thread? I think we now have a Pickle Tag, or we should.)

(And glass person that I am, I use some ziploc-like baggies. Let's say I'm cutting down. Now I use them to store small drawings, usually stuff other than food. Smacks self.)
ossobuco

Reply Thu 18 Sep, 2008 04:05 pm
@ossobuco,
Just checked it, we have a PICKLE tag.

http://able2know.org/topic/99839-2#post-3406288
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Thu 18 Sep, 2008 05:32 pm
@ossobuco,
I use a lot of freezer bags. I also use plastic food storage containers, but I never seem to have enough of them.

re: tags...I still haven't gotten the hang of them.
0 Replies

grumble

Reply Wed 12 Dec, 2012 04:23 am
Hi,

I was wondering if you guys could help me? My partner is a huge fan of pickled eggs and a few years back I found pickled quails eggs in our local farm shop. Needless to say, she loved them.

I cannot get them again as they (in the same shop) said they are discontinued, but they told me I could buy their jars of normal boiled quails eggs and pickle them myself.

Can you tell me if this is A) possible and B) safe?

As I was in a rush I bought all the jars they had (6 in total) but I was worried about undertaking the pickling process without seeking some advice.

I'd like to give them to her for Christmas (its partly a joke present, don't worry I have bought her other things) So I guess I'm also asking, if its possible, will they be sufficiently pickled in 10 days?

Thank you in advance!

Chris
blueml

Reply Wed 19 Dec, 2012 03:28 am
@grumble,
I love the Pickles. Like mango and lemon Pickles and you all if any buddy visit India so pls test Indian Pickles.
0 Replies

funnyclips

Reply Tue 8 Jan, 2013 12:41 am
@jespah,
i love pickles,
0 Replies